- Chargers notes: Do the Bolts have the best receiving corps in football?
- Los Angeles Clippers Media Day 2014: ‘This is our time’
- Jaguars vs. Chargers, Week 4: Bolts win third straight, 33-14
- 4 things learned about the NFC West
- Pac-12 Las Vegas Outlook: Week 4
- Ben McLemore relaxed after lost rookie year
- Giants playoff tickets 209 percent above season average
- Angels playoff tickets up 257 percent from season average
- Marcus Mariota and the way-too-early Heisman watch
- Chargers news: Donald Brown ready to lead Bolts’ backfield
Shaquille O’Neal says Dwight Howard left L.A. due to pressure
- Updated: July 8, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers legend Shaquille O’Neal was asked about the Dwight Howard situation Saturday while acting as a grand marshal at the Daytona International Speedway and at first did not even answer the question.
“I’m very eager to see Dale Ernheardt Jr. out here on the track,” he jokingly retorted via the Associated Press. Then, after a few chuckles from the media he would elaborated
““It was expected,” O’Neal said. “We’ve all been in L.A. and not a lot of people can handle being under the bright lights. Everybody wants to do it, but when you get there, there are certain pressures. I think it was a safe move for him to go to a little town like Houston.”
Clearly Shaq isn’t one to let an opportunity pass him by when it comes to garnering a cheap laugh or two, especially when it comes at the expense of one Dwight Howard.
Whatever Howard’s reasons were for picking Houston over Hollywood, Shaq is absolutely right about one thing, winning in Houston won’t come with nearly as much pressure as it would in Los Angeles and Howard knows that.
The one silver lining for the Lakers and their fans is that the team now has more financial flexibility and can be competitive this upcoming season with eyes set on 2014 when a handful of superstars will be unrestricted free agents.
Photo Credit: FoxSportsWest.com
Latest posts by Michael Porter (see all)
- Kobe Bryant says he’s ‘fat’, needs 3 weeks of conditioning - October 10, 2013
- Charles Woodson aging like fine wine with huge defensive plays - October 8, 2013
- NL West champion Dodgers eye World Series after historic turnaround - September 23, 2013