- Patrick Peterson ‘having fun’ with Richard Sherman feud
- Raiders training camp 2014: line of scrimmage a focus
- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
Blazers sign Earl Watson on one-year deal
- Updated: July 8, 2013
Watson in his 12-year NBA career has played for the Seattle Supersonics (now Oklahoma City Thunder), Memphis Grizzles, Denver Nuggets, Indiana Pacers and spent the last three seasons with the Utah Jazz. He is expected to replace Ronnie Price as the Blazers’ backup point guard to Damian Lillard.
“I’m excited to mentor and help guide the young point guards into becoming professionals on and off the court,” Watson said in a text message. “I’m also blessed to be part of a great organization with amazing fans.”
Watson last season played in 48 games averaging 2.0 points and 4.0 assists in 17.3 minutes per game. The contract will not officially be completed until July 10.
Portland has had a busy offseason having acquiring center Robin Lopez in a three-team trade with the New Orleans Pelicans and the Sacramento Kings and selecting senior Lehigh guard C.J. McCollum with the 10th overall pick in the 2013 NBA draft.
The Trail Blazers currently have 15 players under contract for the 2013-14 season with Terrell Harris and Allen Crabbe signed under non-guaranteed deals.
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- MLB Trade Deadline: Mariners acquire Austin Jackson in three-team deal - July 31, 2014
- USC ranked 15th in coaches preseason poll - July 31, 2014
- Vin Scully gets standing ovation at Dodger Stadium after announcing return - July 31, 2014