- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
- NFL Training Camp 2014: Chargers season preview
- Raiders training camp 2014: Darren McFadden unfazed by demotion
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy
- Outdoor game between Sharks and Kings leaked
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71
- UCLA to replace waterlogged court at Pauley Pavilion
Blazers sign Earl Watson on one-year deal
- Updated: July 8, 2013
Watson in his 12-year NBA career has played for the Seattle Supersonics (now Oklahoma City Thunder), Memphis Grizzles, Denver Nuggets, Indiana Pacers and spent the last three seasons with the Utah Jazz. He is expected to replace Ronnie Price as the Blazers’ backup point guard to Damian Lillard.
“I’m excited to mentor and help guide the young point guards into becoming professionals on and off the court,” Watson said in a text message. “I’m also blessed to be part of a great organization with amazing fans.”
Watson last season played in 48 games averaging 2.0 points and 4.0 assists in 17.3 minutes per game. The contract will not officially be completed until July 10.
Portland has had a busy offseason having acquiring center Robin Lopez in a three-team trade with the New Orleans Pelicans and the Sacramento Kings and selecting senior Lehigh guard C.J. McCollum with the 10th overall pick in the 2013 NBA draft.
The Trail Blazers currently have 15 players under contract for the 2013-14 season with Terrell Harris and Allen Crabbe signed under non-guaranteed deals.
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Lakers ranked 1st by ESPN as team with most turmoil in 2014-15 - August 20, 2014
- Byron Scott begins to shape coaching staff - August 20, 2014
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 33: Clippers officially sold to Steve Ballmer, Tiger Woods withdraws from Ryder Cup - August 18, 2014