- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
- NFL Combine 2015: Top 5 Winners and Losers
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash
- Doc Rivers still recruiting Kendrick Perkins ‘hard,’ per report
- Brett Hundley impresses at NFL Combine with 4.63 40
- San Diego mayor on Chargers-Raiders proposal: ‘That’s not how you do business’
- Chargers, Raiders move forward with Los Angeles stadium proposal
- Seahawks GM seeks Marshawn Lynch contract resolution
- Oregon, head coach Mark Helfrich agree to 5-year, $17.5M extension
Blazers sign Earl Watson on one-year deal
- Updated: July 8, 2013
Watson in his 12-year NBA career has played for the Seattle Supersonics (now Oklahoma City Thunder), Memphis Grizzles, Denver Nuggets, Indiana Pacers and spent the last three seasons with the Utah Jazz. He is expected to replace Ronnie Price as the Blazers’ backup point guard to Damian Lillard.
“I’m excited to mentor and help guide the young point guards into becoming professionals on and off the court,” Watson said in a text message. “I’m also blessed to be part of a great organization with amazing fans.”
Watson last season played in 48 games averaging 2.0 points and 4.0 assists in 17.3 minutes per game. The contract will not officially be completed until July 10.
Portland has had a busy offseason having acquiring center Robin Lopez in a three-team trade with the New Orleans Pelicans and the Sacramento Kings and selecting senior Lehigh guard C.J. McCollum with the 10th overall pick in the 2013 NBA draft.
The Trail Blazers currently have 15 players under contract for the 2013-14 season with Terrell Harris and Allen Crabbe signed under non-guaranteed deals.
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Angels’ Josh Hamilton faces MLB discipline - February 27, 2015
- 5 things we learned from Lakers’ win 118-111 over Celtics - February 23, 2015
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 8: Mayweather-Pacquiao fight on, Raiders and Chargers planning move - February 23, 2015