- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
- NFL Quotes Roundup, Week 5: Reggie Wayne acknowledges age, RGIII makes progress
Blazers sign Earl Watson on one-year deal
- Updated: July 8, 2013
Watson in his 12-year NBA career has played for the Seattle Supersonics (now Oklahoma City Thunder), Memphis Grizzles, Denver Nuggets, Indiana Pacers and spent the last three seasons with the Utah Jazz. He is expected to replace Ronnie Price as the Blazers’ backup point guard to Damian Lillard.
“I’m excited to mentor and help guide the young point guards into becoming professionals on and off the court,” Watson said in a text message. “I’m also blessed to be part of a great organization with amazing fans.”
Watson last season played in 48 games averaging 2.0 points and 4.0 assists in 17.3 minutes per game. The contract will not officially be completed until July 10.
Portland has had a busy offseason having acquiring center Robin Lopez in a three-team trade with the New Orleans Pelicans and the Sacramento Kings and selecting senior Lehigh guard C.J. McCollum with the 10th overall pick in the 2013 NBA draft.
The Trail Blazers currently have 15 players under contract for the 2013-14 season with Terrell Harris and Allen Crabbe signed under non-guaranteed deals.
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- 5 things we learned from Lakers’ 114-108 loss to Suns - October 22, 2014
- Lakers cut Jeremy Tyler, Keith Appling - October 21, 2014
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 41: Dodgers make front office change, Seahawks fall again - October 20, 2014