- San Diego State football news: Four-star recruit DeSean Holmes abandons program
- Pressure doesn’t break Chris Taylor-Yamanoha
- Video: Watch Marshawn Lynch sell Skittles on shopping network
- Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O’Neal show love for one another on podcast
- Fred Jackson visits with Seahawks, contract imminent, per report
- Clippers fined $250K for mishandling DeAndre Jordan free agency
- Leonard Williams avoids serious knee-injury
- Tyrell Williams – former NCAA Division II wideout – is bolting up in San Diego
- Boise State denies that Sam Ukwuachu’s 2013 dismissal was because of allegations of abuse
- Russell Wilson says he didn’t suffer a concussion in NFC Championship game
UCLA alum Darren Collison signs with Clippers on 2-year deal
- Updated: July 7, 2013
The second year of the contract holds a player option. The deal will take up the remainder of the Clippers mid-level exception after the team re-signed forward Matt Barnes to a multi-year deal on Friday.
In his four-year NBA career, Collison has played for the New Orleans Hornets, Indiana Pacers and Dallas Mavericks. He was selected with the twenty-first pick in the first round of the 2009 NBA draft by the Hornets.
He is expected to assume the backup point guard duties for the recently-traded Eric Bledsoe. In the 2012-13 season, Collison played in all but one game averaging 12 points and 5.1 assists per game.
The signing of 25-year-old point guard to the Clippers is the latest of several offseason moves by the franchise. Since the free agency period has begun, the team has re-signed Chris Paul and Matt Barnes to multi-year contracts, traded for head coach Doc Rivers and shipped out highly sought backup point guard Bledsoe in a three deal that landed 3-point shooters Jared Dudley and J.J. Redick in Los Angeles.
Collison’s contract cannot be officially completed until July 10 when the NBA lifts its moratorium on free agent signings and trades.
Photo Credit: scott mecum/Flickr
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Lakers sign Michael Frazier to multi-year deal - August 25, 2015
- Lakers’ blueprint to playoffs dependent on youth - August 10, 2015
- Byron Scott says Kobe Bryant could play in the post - July 29, 2015