- Phil Jackson rumors: Ex-Lakers coach gets offers from Knicks
- Portland Trail Blazers’ GM eyes ‘elite’ status as goal
- Watch out for the Houston Rockets
- Brandon Browner reinstated by the NFL
- Corey Brewer reflects on his annihilation of Derek Fisher
- 2014 NFL Draft: 5 Pac-12 standouts who could make an immediate impact
- NFL Draft 2014: Jadeveon Clowney should be No. 1 pick, says Marcus Lattimore
- Seahawks choose not to use franchise tag on Steven Hauschka
- Donald Butler signs contract extension with Chargers
- Pablo Sandoval credits teammates with weight loss, increased fitness
Ex-Warrior Jarrett Jack signs four-year contract with Cavaliers
- Updated: July 6, 2013
Following the big free agent signing of Andre Iguodala, the Golden State Warriors are no longer able to afford some of the key bench contributors from last season, as reserve guard Jarrett Jack has agreed to sign a four-year deal worth $25 million to join the Cleveland Cavaliers. The contract has a team option in the final year.
Jack, 29, averaged 12.9 points, 5.6 assists and 3.1 rebounds in 29.7 minutes for the Warriors last season. The team’s bench leader and primary ball handler behind starting point guard Stephen Curry, he was acquired last season in a three-team trade that sent Dorell Wright to the Philadelphia 76ers and brought in Jack from the New Orleans Hornets. Like fellow bench contributor Carl Landry, Jack plenty of interest around the league and was due for a new contract spanning multiple years.
While he had interest in returning, the Warriors simply did not have the fund to re-sign a key player from their impressive run during the 2012-13 season. In Cleveland, he will likely backup All-Star Kyrie Irving and have a role similar to what he had during his time in the Bay Area.
Photo Credit: Kelley L Cox/USA TODAY Sports
Follow and interact with Austin Chang on Twitter @_austinchang.
Latest posts by Austin Chang (see all)
- NFC West Week 4 roundup: 49ers dominate Rams, Seahawks win in overtime - September 30, 2013
- NFC West Week 3 roundup: Seahawks only bright spot in poor showing by division - September 23, 2013
- What will Trent Richardson do in Colts debut against 49ers? - September 22, 2013