- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
- Sharks close trip with uninspired loss 4-1 loss to Sabres
- Chargers notes: Seyi Ajirotutu fined, Ryan Mathews and Manti Te’O to return after bye
- Clippers’ concerns revolve around defense and rebounding
- Do the 49ers have an identity crisis?
- Marcus Lattimore injury: 49ers running back has bigger issue
- Klay Thompson signs 4-year, $70 million extension with Warriors
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win
Ex-Warrior Carl Landry signs with Kings on four-year deal
- Updated: July 6, 2013
The Golden State Warriors have lost a key contributor from their bench, as reserve forward Carl Landry has agreed to sign a four-year deal worth at least $26 million to go back to the Sacramento Kings. Moving from one Northern California team to another, this will be his second stint with the franchise.
Landry, 29, averaged 10.8 points and six rebounds in 23.2 minutes for the Warriors last season. Arguably the team’s best back-to-the-basket option in the post, he signed a two-year, $8 million contract with Golden State last offseason with a player option for the second year. Given his solid production during the 2012-13 season, it made sense for Landry to opt out of his final year and test the free agency market once again.
While he was interested in returning to the Warriors, Landry’s likelihood for returning was unlikely after the team signed free agent Andre Iguodala to a four-year, $48 million deal. By signing with the Kings, Landry will be surrounded by many familiar faces, including new owner Vivek Ranadive, who was previously with the Warriors’ current ownership group, and new head coach Mike Malone, who has been Warriors head coach Mark Jackson’s main assistant for the past two season.
Photo Credit: Kyle Terada/USA TODAY Sports
Follow and interact with Austin Chang on Twitter @_austinchang.
Latest posts by Austin Chang (see all)
- NFC West Week 4 roundup: 49ers dominate Rams, Seahawks win in overtime - September 30, 2013
- NFC West Week 3 roundup: Seahawks only bright spot in poor showing by division - September 23, 2013
- What will Trent Richardson do in Colts debut against 49ers? - September 22, 2013