- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
- Sharks close trip with uninspired loss 4-1 loss to Sabres
- Chargers notes: Seyi Ajirotutu fined, Ryan Mathews and Manti Te’O to return after bye
- Clippers’ concerns revolve around defense and rebounding
- Do the 49ers have an identity crisis?
- Marcus Lattimore injury: 49ers running back has bigger issue
- Klay Thompson signs 4-year, $70 million extension with Warriors
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win
Dwight Howard free agency: Lakers FA to make decision this weekend
- Updated: July 5, 2013
Update: Janis Carr, our source from the Orange County Register has rescinded her assertion that any decision has been made:
Hold on….my tweet about Dwight's announcement was premature. No need to sit on Twitter this weekend.
— janis carr (@janiscarr) July 5, 2013
The original story:
Dwight Howard has apparently made his decision on where he will spend the next several years of his career and will make the announcement via Twitter over the weekend, according to Janis Carr of the Orange County Register.
The report further states that the Lakers free agent gave no indication as to where he may sign, leaving virtually the entire NBA world in a holding pattern as several other notable free agents mull their own options.
Howard met with five NBA teams this week between Sunday and Tuesday in order to aid his decision. The Los Angeles Lakers have the greatest financial advantage and can pay him just over $30 million more over the life of his next contract, but the Houston Rockets, Golden State Warriors, Atlanta Hawks and Dallas Mavericks are all in the running to acquire him this offseason.
The incumbent Lakers have made it clear that they want him to return, highlighted by several banners that they placed throughout the Los Angeles area urging him to stay and accompanied by the Twitter hashtag, “#STAYD12.”
Follow @SportsWestCoast on Twitter for more on this developing story
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge - November 21, 2014
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor - November 21, 2014
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win - October 30, 2014