- Chargers will go as far as Philip Rivers, veterans will take them
- Chargers vs. Seahawks: 3 things we learned in the Bolts’ 30-21 win
- NFL season 2014: Top 5 surprises of Week 2
- NFL mishandles Ray Rice situation
- Chargers vs. Cardinals, NFL Week 1 preview: Bolts have early road test on MNF stage
- Eric Weddle on 2014 Chargers: ‘We can beat anybody’
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
Dwight Howard free agency: Lakers FA to make decision this weekend
- Updated: July 5, 2013
Update: Janis Carr, our source from the Orange County Register has rescinded her assertion that any decision has been made:
Hold on….my tweet about Dwight's announcement was premature. No need to sit on Twitter this weekend.
— janis carr (@janiscarr) July 5, 2013
The original story:
Dwight Howard has apparently made his decision on where he will spend the next several years of his career and will make the announcement via Twitter over the weekend, according to Janis Carr of the Orange County Register.
The report further states that the Lakers free agent gave no indication as to where he may sign, leaving virtually the entire NBA world in a holding pattern as several other notable free agents mull their own options.
Howard met with five NBA teams this week between Sunday and Tuesday in order to aid his decision. The Los Angeles Lakers have the greatest financial advantage and can pay him just over $30 million more over the life of his next contract, but the Houston Rockets, Golden State Warriors, Atlanta Hawks and Dallas Mavericks are all in the running to acquire him this offseason.
The incumbent Lakers have made it clear that they want him to return, highlighted by several banners that they placed throughout the Los Angeles area urging him to stay and accompanied by the Twitter hashtag, “#STAYD12.”
Follow @SportsWestCoast on Twitter for more on this developing story
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report - August 31, 2014
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014