- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
Ryan Madson injury: Angels P throwing off mound
- Updated: July 4, 2013
After about a month of being restricted to throwing off flat ground, Angels pitcher Ryan Madson furthered his throwing program last week by participating in three bullpen sessions in Tempe, Ariz, acccording to Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com.
The 32-year-old right-hander is throwing off the mound once every three days, with his next session on Thursday, in hopes of partaking in rehab games again in a few weeks.
“It could be a lot worse–I could be having pain at 60 or 70 percent.” Madson said. “I think I’m just going to be a little smarter, when I feel 100 percent healthy, to not go out there and throw 100 percent for a while….but I’m going to try under 100 percent. Even when I get there, even when I say, ‘Oh, I can rip on it,’ I’m going to conserve it more this time.”
Madson has had several setbacks in his attempt to return from Tommy John surgery in April 2012. He last played in a rehab game for Class A Inland Empire on May 13.
As for the majors, his last game pitched was on October 7, 2011 against the St. Louis Cardinals in the playoffs as a member of the Philadelphia Phillies. A healthy Madson return would help bolster an Angels bullpen that features closer Ernesto Frieri and a pair of left-handers in Sean Burnett and Scott Downs.
Photo Credit: PhillyMad63/Flickr
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- 5 things learned from Lakers 104-103 loss to Thunder - December 20, 2014
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 50: Marcus Mariota wins Heisman, Kobe Bryant passes Michael Jordan - December 15, 2014
- Can Jim Buss bring the Lakers back to prominence? - December 14, 2014