- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
Ryan Madson injury: Angels P throwing off mound
- Updated: July 4, 2013
After about a month of being restricted to throwing off flat ground, Angels pitcher Ryan Madson furthered his throwing program last week by participating in three bullpen sessions in Tempe, Ariz, acccording to Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com.
The 32-year-old right-hander is throwing off the mound once every three days, with his next session on Thursday, in hopes of partaking in rehab games again in a few weeks.
“It could be a lot worse–I could be having pain at 60 or 70 percent.” Madson said. “I think I’m just going to be a little smarter, when I feel 100 percent healthy, to not go out there and throw 100 percent for a while….but I’m going to try under 100 percent. Even when I get there, even when I say, ‘Oh, I can rip on it,’ I’m going to conserve it more this time.”
Madson has had several setbacks in his attempt to return from Tommy John surgery in April 2012. He last played in a rehab game for Class A Inland Empire on May 13.
As for the majors, his last game pitched was on October 7, 2011 against the St. Louis Cardinals in the playoffs as a member of the Philadelphia Phillies. A healthy Madson return would help bolster an Angels bullpen that features closer Ernesto Frieri and a pair of left-handers in Sean Burnett and Scott Downs.
Photo Credit: PhillyMad63/Flickr
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 4: Kobe Bryant expected to miss rest of season, Team Irvin wins Pro Bowl - January 26, 2015
- 5 things we learned Lakers’ 99-87 loss to Rockets - January 26, 2015
- Kobe Bryant’s health will dictate how he ends his career - January 25, 2015