- Chargers vs. Seahawks: 3 things we learned in the Bolts’ 30-21 win
- NFL season 2014: Top 5 surprises of Week 2
- NFL mishandles Ray Rice situation
- Chargers vs. Cardinals, NFL Week 1 preview: Bolts have early road test on MNF stage
- Eric Weddle on 2014 Chargers: ‘We can beat anybody’
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
Ryan Madson injury: Angels P throwing off mound
- Updated: July 4, 2013
After about a month of being restricted to throwing off flat ground, Angels pitcher Ryan Madson furthered his throwing program last week by participating in three bullpen sessions in Tempe, Ariz, acccording to Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com.
The 32-year-old right-hander is throwing off the mound once every three days, with his next session on Thursday, in hopes of partaking in rehab games again in a few weeks.
“It could be a lot worse–I could be having pain at 60 or 70 percent.” Madson said. “I think I’m just going to be a little smarter, when I feel 100 percent healthy, to not go out there and throw 100 percent for a while….but I’m going to try under 100 percent. Even when I get there, even when I say, ‘Oh, I can rip on it,’ I’m going to conserve it more this time.”
Madson has had several setbacks in his attempt to return from Tommy John surgery in April 2012. He last played in a rehab game for Class A Inland Empire on May 13.
As for the majors, his last game pitched was on October 7, 2011 against the St. Louis Cardinals in the playoffs as a member of the Philadelphia Phillies. A healthy Madson return would help bolster an Angels bullpen that features closer Ernesto Frieri and a pair of left-handers in Sean Burnett and Scott Downs.
Photo Credit: PhillyMad63/Flickr
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Byron Scott announces Lakers’ coaching staff - September 17, 2014
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 36: USC falls to BC, USA wins World Cup Gold - September 15, 2014
- Can Steve Nash be Lakers starting point guard? - September 14, 2014