- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres
- NBA Summer League 2014: Julius Randle, Jordan Clarkson lead Lakers past Nuggets, 83-77
- Joe Torre on Hall of Fame: ‘Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity’
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million
- Steve Kerr impresses at NBA Summer League, despite record
- British Open 2014: Tiger Woods fires 69, sits 3 shots back after Round 1
- The Sacramento Kings’ veteran crisis
- NBA Summer League tournament beginning to take shape
- 5 NBA Summer League players who could earn rotation spots
Ryan Madson injury: Angels P throwing off mound
- Updated: July 4, 2013
After about a month of being restricted to throwing off flat ground, Angels pitcher Ryan Madson furthered his throwing program last week by participating in three bullpen sessions in Tempe, Ariz, acccording to Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com.
The 32-year-old right-hander is throwing off the mound once every three days, with his next session on Thursday, in hopes of partaking in rehab games again in a few weeks.
“It could be a lot worse–I could be having pain at 60 or 70 percent.” Madson said. “I think I’m just going to be a little smarter, when I feel 100 percent healthy, to not go out there and throw 100 percent for a while….but I’m going to try under 100 percent. Even when I get there, even when I say, ‘Oh, I can rip on it,’ I’m going to conserve it more this time.”
Madson has had several setbacks in his attempt to return from Tommy John surgery in April 2012. He last played in a rehab game for Class A Inland Empire on May 13.
As for the majors, his last game pitched was on October 7, 2011 against the St. Louis Cardinals in the playoffs as a member of the Philadelphia Phillies. A healthy Madson return would help bolster an Angels bullpen that features closer Ernesto Frieri and a pair of left-handers in Sean Burnett and Scott Downs.
Photo Credit: PhillyMad63/Flickr