- Raiders training camp 2014: line of scrimmage a focus
- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
- MVP performance a future glimpse of Ray McCallum
Report: Dwight Howard free agency decision to come Friday
- Updated: July 3, 2013
After three days of long meetings where five NBA teams made their best sales pitches, Dwight Howard plans to make his decision on where he’ll spend the next several years of his career by Friday.
According to Peter Vecsey of the New York Post, Howard will not have any fanfare or hoopla around the announcement, and his intent is to let everyone know where he’s going relatively quickly. The free agent is known widely for his indecisiveness and has drawn harsh criticism for it in the past among NBA circles and fans. As someone who cares what the public thinks about him, it’s expected that he wraps up the entire process quickly.
The Los Angeles Lakers, Dallas Mavericks, Atlanta Hawks, Golden State Warriors and Houston Rockets each spent time with Howard in Los Angeles and gave formal presentations on why he should play with them. The Lakers and Rockets are thought to be the two teams with the best chance of signing him, but given his ability to change his mind quickly, there are no sure things in any scenario.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report - July 25, 2014
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres - July 19, 2014
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million - July 18, 2014