- Lakers: Immediate expectations for Kobe Bryant
- Kobe Bryant return: Lakers star to debut Sunday vs. Raptors
- Robinson Cano, Mariners agree to 10-year, $240M deal after Jay-Z gets in the way
- Trail Blazers: ‘Rip City’ is a legitimate Western Conference threat
- Seahawks vs. 49ers preview: Seattle can clinch NFC West with season sweep of division rival
- Kobe Bryant injury update: Lakers G ‘days’ away from returning
- Why Brent Burns is the key to success in San Jose
- Kobe Bryant injury update: Lakers G rules himself for Friday’s game
- Lakers News: Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash practice again
- Los Angeles Clippers’ bench needs to step up in place of J.J. Redick
Report: Dwight Howard free agency decision to come Friday
- Updated: July 3, 2013
After three days of long meetings where five NBA teams made their best sales pitches, Dwight Howard plans to make his decision on where he’ll spend the next several years of his career by Friday.
According to Peter Vecsey of the New York Post, Howard will not have any fanfare or hoopla around the announcement, and his intent is to let everyone know where he’s going relatively quickly. The free agent is known widely for his indecisiveness and has drawn harsh criticism for it in the past among NBA circles and fans. As someone who cares what the public thinks about him, it’s expected that he wraps up the entire process quickly.
The Los Angeles Lakers, Dallas Mavericks, Atlanta Hawks, Golden State Warriors and Houston Rockets each spent time with Howard in Los Angeles and gave formal presentations on why he should play with them. The Lakers and Rockets are thought to be the two teams with the best chance of signing him, but given his ability to change his mind quickly, there are no sure things in any scenario.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Kobe Bryant return: Lakers star to debut Sunday vs. Raptors - December 6, 2013
- Robinson Cano, Mariners agree to 10-year, $240M deal after Jay-Z gets in the way - December 6, 2013
- Steve Sarkisian to USC: Looking at the former UW coach’s most ironic tweets - December 3, 2013