- Chris Paul injury: Clippers’ guard slowed by hamstring in practice
- Richard Sherman, Seahawks nearing contract extension, per report
- San Francisco Giants’ offense suddenly stalled
- 2014 NBA playoffs roundtable and predictions
- NHL playoffs 2014 preview: Stanley Cup roundtable and predictions
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 15: 49ers’ Aldon Smith arrested, Josh Hamilton out for two months
- NFL Draft 2014: Whose stock is rising and falling?
- Lakers lose 7th straight in home finale blowout vs. Grizzlies, 102-90
Report: Dwight Howard free agency decision to come Friday
- Updated: July 3, 2013
After three days of long meetings where five NBA teams made their best sales pitches, Dwight Howard plans to make his decision on where he’ll spend the next several years of his career by Friday.
According to Peter Vecsey of the New York Post, Howard will not have any fanfare or hoopla around the announcement, and his intent is to let everyone know where he’s going relatively quickly. The free agent is known widely for his indecisiveness and has drawn harsh criticism for it in the past among NBA circles and fans. As someone who cares what the public thinks about him, it’s expected that he wraps up the entire process quickly.
The Los Angeles Lakers, Dallas Mavericks, Atlanta Hawks, Golden State Warriors and Houston Rockets each spent time with Howard in Los Angeles and gave formal presentations on why he should play with them. The Lakers and Rockets are thought to be the two teams with the best chance of signing him, but given his ability to change his mind quickly, there are no sure things in any scenario.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Chris Paul injury: Clippers’ guard slowed by hamstring in practice - April 22, 2014
- Richard Sherman, Seahawks nearing contract extension, per report - April 22, 2014
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding - April 16, 2014