- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
- Sharks close trip with uninspired loss 4-1 loss to Sabres
- Chargers notes: Seyi Ajirotutu fined, Ryan Mathews and Manti Te’O to return after bye
- Clippers’ concerns revolve around defense and rebounding
- Do the 49ers have an identity crisis?
- Marcus Lattimore injury: 49ers running back has bigger issue
- Klay Thompson signs 4-year, $70 million extension with Warriors
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win
Report: Dwight Howard free agency decision to come Friday
- Updated: July 3, 2013
After three days of long meetings where five NBA teams made their best sales pitches, Dwight Howard plans to make his decision on where he’ll spend the next several years of his career by Friday.
According to Peter Vecsey of the New York Post, Howard will not have any fanfare or hoopla around the announcement, and his intent is to let everyone know where he’s going relatively quickly. The free agent is known widely for his indecisiveness and has drawn harsh criticism for it in the past among NBA circles and fans. As someone who cares what the public thinks about him, it’s expected that he wraps up the entire process quickly.
The Los Angeles Lakers, Dallas Mavericks, Atlanta Hawks, Golden State Warriors and Houston Rockets each spent time with Howard in Los Angeles and gave formal presentations on why he should play with them. The Lakers and Rockets are thought to be the two teams with the best chance of signing him, but given his ability to change his mind quickly, there are no sure things in any scenario.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge - November 21, 2014
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor - November 21, 2014
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win - October 30, 2014