- Portland Trail Blazers’ GM eyes ‘elite’ status as goal
- Watch out for the Houston Rockets
- Brandon Browner reinstated by the NFL
- Corey Brewer reflects on his annihilation of Derek Fisher
- 2014 NFL Draft: 5 Pac-12 standouts who could make an immediate impact
- NFL Draft 2014: Jadeveon Clowney should be No. 1 pick, says Marcus Lattimore
- Seahawks choose not to use franchise tag on Steven Hauschka
- Donald Butler signs contract extension with Chargers
- Pablo Sandoval credits teammates with weight loss, increased fitness
- DeMarcus Cousins suspension: When will the Kings’ star start to behave?
Report: Dwight Howard free agency decision to come Friday
- Updated: July 3, 2013
After three days of long meetings where five NBA teams made their best sales pitches, Dwight Howard plans to make his decision on where he’ll spend the next several years of his career by Friday.
According to Peter Vecsey of the New York Post, Howard will not have any fanfare or hoopla around the announcement, and his intent is to let everyone know where he’s going relatively quickly. The free agent is known widely for his indecisiveness and has drawn harsh criticism for it in the past among NBA circles and fans. As someone who cares what the public thinks about him, it’s expected that he wraps up the entire process quickly.
The Los Angeles Lakers, Dallas Mavericks, Atlanta Hawks, Golden State Warriors and Houston Rockets each spent time with Howard in Los Angeles and gave formal presentations on why he should play with them. The Lakers and Rockets are thought to be the two teams with the best chance of signing him, but given his ability to change his mind quickly, there are no sure things in any scenario.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- VIDEO: Mike Trout, Yasiel Puig do battle in Spring Training - March 7, 2014
- Honda Classic 2014: Tiger Woods withdraws due to back injury - March 2, 2014
- Pablo Sandoval credits teammates with weight loss, increased fitness - February 28, 2014