- Chargers vs. Bills, Week 3: Can Bolts build off big win?
- Chargers will go as far as Philip Rivers, veterans will take them
- Chargers vs. Seahawks: 3 things we learned in the Bolts’ 30-21 win
- NFL season 2014: Top 5 surprises of Week 2
- NFL mishandles Ray Rice situation
- Chargers vs. Cardinals, NFL Week 1 preview: Bolts have early road test on MNF stage
- Eric Weddle on 2014 Chargers: ‘We can beat anybody’
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
Report: Dwight Howard free agency decision to come Friday
- Updated: July 3, 2013
After three days of long meetings where five NBA teams made their best sales pitches, Dwight Howard plans to make his decision on where he’ll spend the next several years of his career by Friday.
According to Peter Vecsey of the New York Post, Howard will not have any fanfare or hoopla around the announcement, and his intent is to let everyone know where he’s going relatively quickly. The free agent is known widely for his indecisiveness and has drawn harsh criticism for it in the past among NBA circles and fans. As someone who cares what the public thinks about him, it’s expected that he wraps up the entire process quickly.
The Los Angeles Lakers, Dallas Mavericks, Atlanta Hawks, Golden State Warriors and Houston Rockets each spent time with Howard in Los Angeles and gave formal presentations on why he should play with them. The Lakers and Rockets are thought to be the two teams with the best chance of signing him, but given his ability to change his mind quickly, there are no sure things in any scenario.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report - August 31, 2014
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014