- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
- NFL Training Camp 2014: Chargers season preview
- Raiders training camp 2014: Darren McFadden unfazed by demotion
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy
- Outdoor game between Sharks and Kings leaked
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71
- UCLA to replace waterlogged court at Pauley Pavilion
Report: Dwight Howard free agency decision to come Friday
- Updated: July 3, 2013
After three days of long meetings where five NBA teams made their best sales pitches, Dwight Howard plans to make his decision on where he’ll spend the next several years of his career by Friday.
According to Peter Vecsey of the New York Post, Howard will not have any fanfare or hoopla around the announcement, and his intent is to let everyone know where he’s going relatively quickly. The free agent is known widely for his indecisiveness and has drawn harsh criticism for it in the past among NBA circles and fans. As someone who cares what the public thinks about him, it’s expected that he wraps up the entire process quickly.
The Los Angeles Lakers, Dallas Mavericks, Atlanta Hawks, Golden State Warriors and Houston Rockets each spent time with Howard in Los Angeles and gave formal presentations on why he should play with them. The Lakers and Rockets are thought to be the two teams with the best chance of signing him, but given his ability to change his mind quickly, there are no sure things in any scenario.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014
- UCLA to replace waterlogged court at Pauley Pavilion - August 2, 2014