- Video: Watch Marshawn Lynch sell Skittles on shopping network
- Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O’Neal show love for one another on podcast
- Fred Jackson visits with Seahawks, contract imminent, per report
- Clippers fined $250K for mishandling DeAndre Jordan free agency
- Leonard Williams avoids serious knee-injury
- Tyrell Williams – former NCAA Division II wideout – is bolting up in San Diego
- Boise State denies that Sam Ukwuachu’s 2013 dismissal was because of allegations of abuse
- Russell Wilson says he didn’t suffer a concussion in NFC Championship game
- Josh Rosen beats out Jerry Neuheisel as UCLA starting quarterback
- Jered Weaver says dugout outburst not aimed at Mike Trout
Chris Paul ends free agency, will sign with Clippers
- Updated: July 1, 2013
Chris Paul didn’t give free agency a chance and will sign with the Los Angeles Clippers with a five-year, $107 million dollar contract offer to officially become the future of the Clips’ franchise.
His agent, Leon Rose, confirmed to ESPNLosAngeles.com on Monday that Paul would indeed remain in Los Angeles to finish what he started when he joined the team via trade two seasons ago.
Paul can’t officially sign on the dotted line until July 10, but confirmed via his Twitter account shortly after free agency began after midnight ET that he was going to stay.
The results of the waiting game as it relates to Paul were never in doubt. When the Clips’ fired head coach Vinny Del Negro and shortly thereafter brought in Doc Rivers via an unconventional trade, the writing was on the wall that they would do whatever was necessary to keep him happy and in Clippers uniform. Now, they can immediately go about the business of signing complementary free agents to fill in the gaps and build a championship contender.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Philip Rivers says clash with Seahawks’ Frank Clark was ‘no big deal’ - September 1, 2015
- Video: Watch Marshawn Lynch sell Skittles on shopping network - September 1, 2015
- Video: Jonny Gomes pitches hilarious ninth inning vs. Yankees - September 1, 2015