- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament
- MWC Championship 2015: Winston Shepard drops 16 to rout Colorado State in semifinal
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters
- Cowboys sign Darren McFadden for 2 years, $5.85 million
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
Report: Chris Paul will re-sign with Clippers
- Updated: June 30, 2013
The Clippers already held a financial advantage due to the fact that they could sign Paul for more years and higher annual raises than any other team. But the thinking around Los Angeles is that bringing in new head coach Doc Rivers, who has a winning pedigree and relationship with Paul, was the determining factor in making Paul commit so soon.
So far, no word has come directly from the man himself, but even circumstantial evidence without the confirmation of the league sources would favor the Clippers retaining him. Earlier in the month, sources confirmed that Paul and Howard had been in contact with one another about the possibility of playing together, most likely with the Atlanta Hawks. In order for the two to join forces with the Clippers, the Los Angeles Lakers would have to agree to a sign-and-trade involving Howard, which would be an unlikely scenario.
Photo Credit: JD Mercer/USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters - March 13, 2015