- NHL playoffs 2014 preview: Stanley Cup roundtable and predictions
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 15: 49ers’ Aldon Smith arrested, Josh Hamilton out for two months
- NFL Draft 2014: Whose stock is rising and falling?
- Lakers lose 7th straight in home finale blowout vs. Grizzlies, 102-90
- Sacramento Kings look ahead in win vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Are stalled contract talks weighing down Pablo Sandoval?
- Los Angeles Lakers: 5 players L.A. needs to keep in 2014-15
- NHL Playoffs 2014: 3 dark horse Western Conference squads with a shot at the Stanley Cup
Report: Chris Paul will re-sign with Clippers
- Updated: June 30, 2013
The Clippers already held a financial advantage due to the fact that they could sign Paul for more years and higher annual raises than any other team. But the thinking around Los Angeles is that bringing in new head coach Doc Rivers, who has a winning pedigree and relationship with Paul, was the determining factor in making Paul commit so soon.
So far, no word has come directly from the man himself, but even circumstantial evidence without the confirmation of the league sources would favor the Clippers retaining him. Earlier in the month, sources confirmed that Paul and Howard had been in contact with one another about the possibility of playing together, most likely with the Atlanta Hawks. In order for the two to join forces with the Clippers, the Los Angeles Lakers would have to agree to a sign-and-trade involving Howard, which would be an unlikely scenario.
Photo Credit: JD Mercer/USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding - April 16, 2014
- Michael Cuddyer injury: Rockies OF exits with hurt right elbow - April 14, 2014
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale - April 14, 2014