- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
Report: Chris Paul will re-sign with Clippers
- Updated: June 30, 2013
The Clippers already held a financial advantage due to the fact that they could sign Paul for more years and higher annual raises than any other team. But the thinking around Los Angeles is that bringing in new head coach Doc Rivers, who has a winning pedigree and relationship with Paul, was the determining factor in making Paul commit so soon.
So far, no word has come directly from the man himself, but even circumstantial evidence without the confirmation of the league sources would favor the Clippers retaining him. Earlier in the month, sources confirmed that Paul and Howard had been in contact with one another about the possibility of playing together, most likely with the Atlanta Hawks. In order for the two to join forces with the Clippers, the Los Angeles Lakers would have to agree to a sign-and-trade involving Howard, which would be an unlikely scenario.
Photo Credit: JD Mercer/USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report - January 20, 2015
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs - January 19, 2015
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried? - January 16, 2015