- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
- NFL Quotes Roundup, Week 5: Reggie Wayne acknowledges age, RGIII makes progress
Report: Chris Paul will re-sign with Clippers
- Updated: June 30, 2013
The Clippers already held a financial advantage due to the fact that they could sign Paul for more years and higher annual raises than any other team. But the thinking around Los Angeles is that bringing in new head coach Doc Rivers, who has a winning pedigree and relationship with Paul, was the determining factor in making Paul commit so soon.
So far, no word has come directly from the man himself, but even circumstantial evidence without the confirmation of the league sources would favor the Clippers retaining him. Earlier in the month, sources confirmed that Paul and Howard had been in contact with one another about the possibility of playing together, most likely with the Atlanta Hawks. In order for the two to join forces with the Clippers, the Los Angeles Lakers would have to agree to a sign-and-trade involving Howard, which would be an unlikely scenario.
Photo Credit: JD Mercer/USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report - October 17, 2014
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador - October 11, 2014
- Padres fall to Rockies, 3-2 despite testing Jorge De La Rosa - September 23, 2014