- UPDATE: Odell Beckham Jr. wins Madden Cover
- NFL defense contracts tell sad tale of greed
- Clippers dominate 3rd quarter, beat Rockets, 128-95
- Lakers should hold off on max offer sheet to Jimmy Butler
- NFL Draft 2015: Rumors swirl as Day 1 nears
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’
- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
Report: Chris Paul will re-sign with Clippers
- Updated: June 30, 2013
The Clippers already held a financial advantage due to the fact that they could sign Paul for more years and higher annual raises than any other team. But the thinking around Los Angeles is that bringing in new head coach Doc Rivers, who has a winning pedigree and relationship with Paul, was the determining factor in making Paul commit so soon.
So far, no word has come directly from the man himself, but even circumstantial evidence without the confirmation of the league sources would favor the Clippers retaining him. Earlier in the month, sources confirmed that Paul and Howard had been in contact with one another about the possibility of playing together, most likely with the Atlanta Hawks. In order for the two to join forces with the Clippers, the Los Angeles Lakers would have to agree to a sign-and-trade involving Howard, which would be an unlikely scenario.
Photo Credit: JD Mercer/USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’ - April 27, 2015
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015