- NHL playoffs 2014 preview: Stanley Cup roundtable and predictions
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 15: 49ers’ Aldon Smith arrested, Josh Hamilton out for two months
- NFL Draft 2014: Whose stock is rising and falling?
- Lakers lose 7th straight in home finale blowout vs. Grizzlies, 102-90
- Sacramento Kings look ahead in win vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Are stalled contract talks weighing down Pablo Sandoval?
- Los Angeles Lakers: 5 players L.A. needs to keep in 2014-15
- NHL Playoffs 2014: 3 dark horse Western Conference squads with a shot at the Stanley Cup
Blazers news: LaMarcus Aldridge denies trade request
- Updated: June 29, 2013
Portland Trail Blazers big man LaMarcus Aldridge is denied on Saturday reports from earlier in the week that he is seeking a trade this offseason if the team didn’t do enoughin the 2013 NBA draft to bolster their young roster.
CSNNW.com updated a previous report that said as much, and now also report that Aldridge has refuted those rumors. On Saturday, the star out of Texas gave his side of the story.
“I haven’t demanded a trade or cleared a way for my departure,” Aldridge said when asked about the alleged demands. “It’s not true. That’s all I am saying right now.”
The Blazers came away with two solid players in the first round in Allen Crabbe out of California and C.J. McCollum from Lehigh as well as Southern California native and Kansas standout Jeff Withey. With rookie Damian Lillard set to build on his stellar Rookie of the Year campaign, the Blazers should improve a great deal after narrowly missing the playoffs in 2013.
Aldridge has two years remaining on a $30 million contract, so it stands to reason that the team doesn’t have to rush to make any moves that may potentially cost them valuable continuity.
Photo Credit: The Sports Geeks
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding - April 16, 2014
- Michael Cuddyer injury: Rockies OF exits with hurt right elbow - April 14, 2014
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale - April 14, 2014