- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
Blazers news: LaMarcus Aldridge denies trade request
- Updated: June 29, 2013
Portland Trail Blazers big man LaMarcus Aldridge is denied on Saturday reports from earlier in the week that he is seeking a trade this offseason if the team didn’t do enoughin the 2013 NBA draft to bolster their young roster.
CSNNW.com updated a previous report that said as much, and now also report that Aldridge has refuted those rumors. On Saturday, the star out of Texas gave his side of the story.
“I haven’t demanded a trade or cleared a way for my departure,” Aldridge said when asked about the alleged demands. “It’s not true. That’s all I am saying right now.”
The Blazers came away with two solid players in the first round in Allen Crabbe out of California and C.J. McCollum from Lehigh as well as Southern California native and Kansas standout Jeff Withey. With rookie Damian Lillard set to build on his stellar Rookie of the Year campaign, the Blazers should improve a great deal after narrowly missing the playoffs in 2013.
Aldridge has two years remaining on a $30 million contract, so it stands to reason that the team doesn’t have to rush to make any moves that may potentially cost them valuable continuity.
Photo Credit: The Sports Geeks
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank - December 20, 2014
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks - December 12, 2014
- VIDEO: Russell Wilson makes Fletcher Cox look silly on quarterback scramble - December 7, 2014