- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
- MVP performance a future glimpse of Ray McCallum
- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres
- NBA Summer League 2014: Julius Randle, Jordan Clarkson lead Lakers past Nuggets, 83-77
- Joe Torre on Hall of Fame: ‘Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity’
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million
- Steve Kerr impresses at NBA Summer League, despite record
Blazers news: LaMarcus Aldridge denies trade request
- Updated: June 29, 2013
Portland Trail Blazers big man LaMarcus Aldridge is denied on Saturday reports from earlier in the week that he is seeking a trade this offseason if the team didn’t do enoughin the 2013 NBA draft to bolster their young roster.
CSNNW.com updated a previous report that said as much, and now also report that Aldridge has refuted those rumors. On Saturday, the star out of Texas gave his side of the story.
“I haven’t demanded a trade or cleared a way for my departure,” Aldridge said when asked about the alleged demands. “It’s not true. That’s all I am saying right now.”
The Blazers came away with two solid players in the first round in Allen Crabbe out of California and C.J. McCollum from Lehigh as well as Southern California native and Kansas standout Jeff Withey. With rookie Damian Lillard set to build on his stellar Rookie of the Year campaign, the Blazers should improve a great deal after narrowly missing the playoffs in 2013.
Aldridge has two years remaining on a $30 million contract, so it stands to reason that the team doesn’t have to rush to make any moves that may potentially cost them valuable continuity.
Photo Credit: The Sports Geeks
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report - July 25, 2014
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres - July 19, 2014
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million - July 18, 2014