- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
- Sharks close trip with uninspired loss 4-1 loss to Sabres
- Chargers notes: Seyi Ajirotutu fined, Ryan Mathews and Manti Te’O to return after bye
- Clippers’ concerns revolve around defense and rebounding
- Do the 49ers have an identity crisis?
- Marcus Lattimore injury: 49ers running back has bigger issue
- Klay Thompson signs 4-year, $70 million extension with Warriors
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win
Blazers news: LaMarcus Aldridge denies trade request
- Updated: June 29, 2013
Portland Trail Blazers big man LaMarcus Aldridge is denied on Saturday reports from earlier in the week that he is seeking a trade this offseason if the team didn’t do enoughin the 2013 NBA draft to bolster their young roster.
CSNNW.com updated a previous report that said as much, and now also report that Aldridge has refuted those rumors. On Saturday, the star out of Texas gave his side of the story.
“I haven’t demanded a trade or cleared a way for my departure,” Aldridge said when asked about the alleged demands. “It’s not true. That’s all I am saying right now.”
The Blazers came away with two solid players in the first round in Allen Crabbe out of California and C.J. McCollum from Lehigh as well as Southern California native and Kansas standout Jeff Withey. With rookie Damian Lillard set to build on his stellar Rookie of the Year campaign, the Blazers should improve a great deal after narrowly missing the playoffs in 2013.
Aldridge has two years remaining on a $30 million contract, so it stands to reason that the team doesn’t have to rush to make any moves that may potentially cost them valuable continuity.
Photo Credit: The Sports Geeks
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge - November 21, 2014
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor - November 21, 2014
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win - October 30, 2014