- Chargers vs. Bills, Week 3: Can Bolts build off big win?
- Chargers will go as far as Philip Rivers, veterans will take them
- Chargers vs. Seahawks: 3 things we learned in the Bolts’ 30-21 win
- NFL season 2014: Top 5 surprises of Week 2
- NFL mishandles Ray Rice situation
- Chargers vs. Cardinals, NFL Week 1 preview: Bolts have early road test on MNF stage
- Eric Weddle on 2014 Chargers: ‘We can beat anybody’
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
Blazers news: LaMarcus Aldridge denies trade request
- Updated: June 29, 2013
Portland Trail Blazers big man LaMarcus Aldridge is denied on Saturday reports from earlier in the week that he is seeking a trade this offseason if the team didn’t do enoughin the 2013 NBA draft to bolster their young roster.
CSNNW.com updated a previous report that said as much, and now also report that Aldridge has refuted those rumors. On Saturday, the star out of Texas gave his side of the story.
“I haven’t demanded a trade or cleared a way for my departure,” Aldridge said when asked about the alleged demands. “It’s not true. That’s all I am saying right now.”
The Blazers came away with two solid players in the first round in Allen Crabbe out of California and C.J. McCollum from Lehigh as well as Southern California native and Kansas standout Jeff Withey. With rookie Damian Lillard set to build on his stellar Rookie of the Year campaign, the Blazers should improve a great deal after narrowly missing the playoffs in 2013.
Aldridge has two years remaining on a $30 million contract, so it stands to reason that the team doesn’t have to rush to make any moves that may potentially cost them valuable continuity.
Photo Credit: The Sports Geeks
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report - August 31, 2014
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014