- Oakland Athletics ace Scott Kazmir headed to Houston
- Antonio Gates suspension: A look at Chargers tight ends who must step up
- Angels midseason grades: Turmoil overshadows reasonable start
- Greg Monroe to visit with Lakers, Blazers during free agency
- Matt Kemp hitting leadoff as Padres shake things up vs. Giants
- Padres promote Pat Murphy for remainder of the season
- Clippers acquire Lance Stephenson for Matt Barnes, Spencer Hawes
- Bud Black fired by Padres after nine seasons
- 3 takeaways from Seattle Seahawks OTAs
- Stephen Curry goes cold as Warriors fall to Cavs in OT, 95-93
Dwight Howard free agency: Lakers C to entertain Warriors
- Updated: June 28, 2013
Howard is due to make a decision on his new destination on July 10, and between July 1 and then, he will be free to sign with whichever team he wants. The Lakers have already began their pitch to the All-Star, posting banners around the Los Angeles area and on Staples Center asking the big man to stay in purple-and-gold. He has said on numerous occasions that he will make the decision he feels is best for himself and will not base his action on what anyone says — not even teams as they make their best effort to sell him.
The Warriors would have to make some significant moves in order to secure his services, but such a deal would make sense since they were notably deficient at center. Andrew Bogut remains inconsistent as he recovers from injury, while Festus Ezeli is still developing. For a team that is on the cusp of becoming a serious contender in the Western Conference, Howard could be the missing piece.
Photo Credit: NBA.com