- 2014 NBA playoffs roundtable and predictions
- NHL playoffs 2014 preview: Stanley Cup roundtable and predictions
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 15: 49ers’ Aldon Smith arrested, Josh Hamilton out for two months
- NFL Draft 2014: Whose stock is rising and falling?
- Lakers lose 7th straight in home finale blowout vs. Grizzlies, 102-90
- Sacramento Kings look ahead in win vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Are stalled contract talks weighing down Pablo Sandoval?
- Los Angeles Lakers: 5 players L.A. needs to keep in 2014-15
Dwight Howard free agency: Lakers C to entertain Warriors
- Updated: June 28, 2013
Howard is due to make a decision on his new destination on July 10, and between July 1 and then, he will be free to sign with whichever team he wants. The Lakers have already began their pitch to the All-Star, posting banners around the Los Angeles area and on Staples Center asking the big man to stay in purple-and-gold. He has said on numerous occasions that he will make the decision he feels is best for himself and will not base his action on what anyone says — not even teams as they make their best effort to sell him.
The Warriors would have to make some significant moves in order to secure his services, but such a deal would make sense since they were notably deficient at center. Andrew Bogut remains inconsistent as he recovers from injury, while Festus Ezeli is still developing. For a team that is on the cusp of becoming a serious contender in the Western Conference, Howard could be the missing piece.
Photo Credit: NBA.com
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding - April 16, 2014
- Michael Cuddyer injury: Rockies OF exits with hurt right elbow - April 14, 2014
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale - April 14, 2014