- UPDATE: Odell Beckham Jr. wins Madden Cover
- NFL defense contracts tell sad tale of greed
- Clippers dominate 3rd quarter, beat Rockets, 128-95
- Lakers should hold off on max offer sheet to Jimmy Butler
- NFL Draft 2015: Rumors swirl as Day 1 nears
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’
- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
Dwight Howard free agency: Lakers C to entertain Warriors
- Updated: June 28, 2013
Howard is due to make a decision on his new destination on July 10, and between July 1 and then, he will be free to sign with whichever team he wants. The Lakers have already began their pitch to the All-Star, posting banners around the Los Angeles area and on Staples Center asking the big man to stay in purple-and-gold. He has said on numerous occasions that he will make the decision he feels is best for himself and will not base his action on what anyone says — not even teams as they make their best effort to sell him.
The Warriors would have to make some significant moves in order to secure his services, but such a deal would make sense since they were notably deficient at center. Andrew Bogut remains inconsistent as he recovers from injury, while Festus Ezeli is still developing. For a team that is on the cusp of becoming a serious contender in the Western Conference, Howard could be the missing piece.
Photo Credit: NBA.com
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’ - April 27, 2015
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015