- Chargers vs. Seahawks: 3 things we learned in the Bolts’ 30-21 win
- NFL season 2014: Top 5 surprises of Week 2
- NFL mishandles Ray Rice situation
- Chargers vs. Cardinals, NFL Week 1 preview: Bolts have early road test on MNF stage
- Eric Weddle on 2014 Chargers: ‘We can beat anybody’
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
Dwight Howard free agency: Lakers C will sign offer July 10
- Updated: June 27, 2013
The hottest commodity of the offseason in Dwight Howard won’t wait long to disclose where he’ll spend the next several years of his NBA career as he will sign his contract as soon as players are allowed on July 10.
According to ESPN.com’s Dave McMenamin, Howard won’t put fans, the media and teams through a lengthy decision-making process, instead choosing to sign immediately with the team of his choice. The report, which cites sources close to the situation that he will not wait and will sign immediately.
No one knows what Howard is thinking regarding his decision, but reportedly, the Lakers are losing ground in the race to sign him. The Houston Rockets have plenty of proverbial carrots to dangle in front of the All-Star, and it’s going to make for an interesting day when he finally does make a decision. The Lakers are doing a full-court press of their own, and have put a banner in front of Staples Center and around Los Angeles with the word “Stay” and a Twitter hash tag, “#StayD12.”
Lakers and NBA fans would welcome a quick decision, and now, the waiting game as to whether or not it really happens as reported will unfold.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report - August 31, 2014
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014