- 49ers Anquan Boldin credits Michael Crabtree for big game vs. Seahawks
- USC football news: Trojans set to face Fresno State in Las Vegas Bowl
- NFC West Week 14 roundup: Frank Gore rescues 49ers, Cardinals beat up Rams
- Kobe Bryant’s return: Lakers slow start leads to 106-94 loss vs. Raptors
- Lakers: Patience is key with Kobe Bryant
- Rudy Gay traded to Sacramento Kings in exchange for Patrick Patterson, 3 others
- Lakers: Immediate expectations for Kobe Bryant
- Kobe Bryant return: Lakers star to debut Sunday vs. Raptors
- Robinson Cano, Mariners agree to 10-year, $240M deal after Jay-Z gets in the way
- Trail Blazers: ‘Rip City’ is a legitimate Western Conference threat
Dwight Howard free agency: Lakers C will sign offer July 10
- Updated: June 27, 2013
The hottest commodity of the offseason in Dwight Howard won’t wait long to disclose where he’ll spend the next several years of his NBA career as he will sign his contract as soon as players are allowed on July 10.
According to ESPN.com’s Dave McMenamin, Howard won’t put fans, the media and teams through a lengthy decision-making process, instead choosing to sign immediately with the team of his choice. The report, which cites sources close to the situation that he will not wait and will sign immediately.
No one knows what Howard is thinking regarding his decision, but reportedly, the Lakers are losing ground in the race to sign him. The Houston Rockets have plenty of proverbial carrots to dangle in front of the All-Star, and it’s going to make for an interesting day when he finally does make a decision. The Lakers are doing a full-court press of their own, and have put a banner in front of Staples Center and around Los Angeles with the word “Stay” and a Twitter hash tag, “#StayD12.”
Lakers and NBA fans would welcome a quick decision, and now, the waiting game as to whether or not it really happens as reported will unfold.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- USC football news: Trojans set to face Fresno State in Las Vegas Bowl - December 9, 2013
- NFC West Week 14 roundup: Frank Gore rescues 49ers, Cardinals beat up Rams - December 9, 2013
- Rudy Gay traded to Sacramento Kings in exchange for Patrick Patterson, 3 others - December 8, 2013