- San Diego State football news: Four-star recruit DeSean Holmes abandons program
- Pressure doesn’t break Chris Taylor-Yamanoha
- Video: Watch Marshawn Lynch sell Skittles on shopping network
- Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O’Neal show love for one another on podcast
- Fred Jackson visits with Seahawks, contract imminent, per report
- Clippers fined $250K for mishandling DeAndre Jordan free agency
- Leonard Williams avoids serious knee-injury
- Tyrell Williams – former NCAA Division II wideout – is bolting up in San Diego
- Boise State denies that Sam Ukwuachu’s 2013 dismissal was because of allegations of abuse
- Russell Wilson says he didn’t suffer a concussion in NFC Championship game
Dwight Howard free agency: Lakers C will sign offer July 10
- Updated: June 27, 2013
The hottest commodity of the offseason in Dwight Howard won’t wait long to disclose where he’ll spend the next several years of his NBA career as he will sign his contract as soon as players are allowed on July 10.
According to ESPN.com’s Dave McMenamin, Howard won’t put fans, the media and teams through a lengthy decision-making process, instead choosing to sign immediately with the team of his choice. The report, which cites sources close to the situation that he will not wait and will sign immediately.
No one knows what Howard is thinking regarding his decision, but reportedly, the Lakers are losing ground in the race to sign him. The Houston Rockets have plenty of proverbial carrots to dangle in front of the All-Star, and it’s going to make for an interesting day when he finally does make a decision. The Lakers are doing a full-court press of their own, and have put a banner in front of Staples Center and around Los Angeles with the word “Stay” and a Twitter hash tag, “#StayD12.”
Lakers and NBA fans would welcome a quick decision, and now, the waiting game as to whether or not it really happens as reported will unfold.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Dodgers call up Corey Seager in wake of Justin Turner injury - September 3, 2015
- Philip Rivers says clash with Seahawks’ Frank Clark was ‘no big deal’ - September 1, 2015
- Video: Watch Marshawn Lynch sell Skittles on shopping network - September 1, 2015