- UPDATE: Odell Beckham Jr. wins Madden Cover
- NFL defense contracts tell sad tale of greed
- Clippers dominate 3rd quarter, beat Rockets, 128-95
- Lakers should hold off on max offer sheet to Jimmy Butler
- NFL Draft 2015: Rumors swirl as Day 1 nears
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’
- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
Blazers news: LaMarcus Aldridge interested in moving to contender
- Updated: June 27, 2013
Sources close to the Blazers’ star have said that his top choice would be to play for the Chicago Bulls, the team that traded him after selecting him in 2006 for Tyrus Thomas. He’s had some of his best games at the United Center, and remembers the feeling of being slighted when Chicago moved him.
“I still have something to prove when I play in Chicago. I just love to play there,” Aldridge told CSNNW.com in March. “Whenever I go back, I want them to know what they are missing out on. To this day, I still take it personal. I hope they know now which power forward they should have held on to.”
Aldridge nearly averaged a double-double in 2012-13 with 21.1 points and 9.1 rebounds per game. He did so with solid work on the defensive end, averaging 1.2 blocks per game to tie a career-high for a season.
The Blazers drafted C.J. McCollum out of Lehigh with the 10th overall pick on Thursday.
Photo Credit: Steve Dykes / USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’ - April 27, 2015
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015