- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
- MVP performance a future glimpse of Ray McCallum
- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres
- NBA Summer League 2014: Julius Randle, Jordan Clarkson lead Lakers past Nuggets, 83-77
- Joe Torre on Hall of Fame: ‘Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity’
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million
- Steve Kerr impresses at NBA Summer League, despite record
NBA draft 2013: Shabazz Muhammad draws interest from Hawks
- Updated: June 25, 2013
Former UCLA Bruins star freshman Shabazz Muhammad has the eye of the Atlanta Hawks, who may be looking to trade up in the 2013 NBA draft in order to acquire him on Thursday, according to Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports.
Atlanta has two late first-round picks, No. 17 and No. 18 in the first round in Thursday’s upcoming draft, and they’re potentially looking to trade up into what could be a top-5 pick. Doing so would almost certainly ensure that they would be able to select their player of choice, and it could be the former Bruin.
The Las Vegas native had a recent workout with the Sacramento Kings that went well, but could not work out for the Detroit Pistons on Monday while dealing with what was labeled a slight ankle sprain. The Hawks will work out several prospects on Tuesday, and he will join them if he is healthy enough to do so.
Former San Diego State star Jamaal Franklin will also work out for the Hawks.
Muhammad was the Co-Pac-12 Freshman of the Year along with Arizona State’s Jahii Carson. Muhammad’s draft stock may have fallen after a mediocre NBA draft combine. Still, any team that lands him will get an immense talent and a player that will likely be able to contribute in a scoring role immediately. Defensively, he still needs some seasoning and may have to adjust his approach on that end of the floor to be a complete player.
Photo Credit: AP
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report - July 25, 2014
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres - July 19, 2014
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million - July 18, 2014