- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
- NFL Combine 2015: Top 5 Winners and Losers
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash
- Doc Rivers still recruiting Kendrick Perkins ‘hard,’ per report
- Brett Hundley impresses at NFL Combine with 4.63 40
- San Diego mayor on Chargers-Raiders proposal: ‘That’s not how you do business’
- Chargers, Raiders move forward with Los Angeles stadium proposal
- Seahawks GM seeks Marshawn Lynch contract resolution
- Oregon, head coach Mark Helfrich agree to 5-year, $17.5M extension
NBA draft 2013: Shabazz Muhammad draws interest from Hawks
- Updated: June 25, 2013
Former UCLA Bruins star freshman Shabazz Muhammad has the eye of the Atlanta Hawks, who may be looking to trade up in the 2013 NBA draft in order to acquire him on Thursday, according to Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports.
Atlanta has two late first-round picks, No. 17 and No. 18 in the first round in Thursday’s upcoming draft, and they’re potentially looking to trade up into what could be a top-5 pick. Doing so would almost certainly ensure that they would be able to select their player of choice, and it could be the former Bruin.
The Las Vegas native had a recent workout with the Sacramento Kings that went well, but could not work out for the Detroit Pistons on Monday while dealing with what was labeled a slight ankle sprain. The Hawks will work out several prospects on Tuesday, and he will join them if he is healthy enough to do so.
Former San Diego State star Jamaal Franklin will also work out for the Hawks.
Muhammad was the Co-Pac-12 Freshman of the Year along with Arizona State’s Jahii Carson. Muhammad’s draft stock may have fallen after a mediocre NBA draft combine. Still, any team that lands him will get an immense talent and a player that will likely be able to contribute in a scoring role immediately. Defensively, he still needs some seasoning and may have to adjust his approach on that end of the floor to be a complete player.
Photo Credit: AP
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ - February 23, 2015
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League - February 21, 2015
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash - February 21, 2015