- Stephen Curry captures magic of Warriors’ Oracle Arena
- 49ers Week 15 primer: Can San Francisco carry their momentum to Tampa Bay?
- Seahawks vs. Giants preview: Seattle looks to rebound on the East Coast
- Lakers news: Steve Blake to miss at least six weeks with elbow injury
- Stale Sacramento Kings fail versus Utah Jazz 122-101
- Mark Trumbo trade: Did Jerry Dipoto make the right move?
- Lakers news: Kobe Bryant’s return adds unique challenges for teammates
- Clippers news: Stephen Jackson signs with L.A.
- Sacramento Kings trade exports won’t be simple to replace
- Lakers: Kobe Bryant’s improvement encouraging
NBA draft 2013: Shabazz Muhammad draws interest from Hawks
- Updated: June 25, 2013
Former UCLA Bruins star freshman Shabazz Muhammad has the eye of the Atlanta Hawks, who may be looking to trade up in the 2013 NBA draft in order to acquire him on Thursday, according to Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports.
Atlanta has two late first-round picks, No. 17 and No. 18 in the first round in Thursday’s upcoming draft, and they’re potentially looking to trade up into what could be a top-5 pick. Doing so would almost certainly ensure that they would be able to select their player of choice, and it could be the former Bruin.
The Las Vegas native had a recent workout with the Sacramento Kings that went well, but could not work out for the Detroit Pistons on Monday while dealing with what was labeled a slight ankle sprain. The Hawks will work out several prospects on Tuesday, and he will join them if he is healthy enough to do so.
Former San Diego State star Jamaal Franklin will also work out for the Hawks.
Muhammad was the Co-Pac-12 Freshman of the Year along with Arizona State’s Jahii Carson. Muhammad’s draft stock may have fallen after a mediocre NBA draft combine. Still, any team that lands him will get an immense talent and a player that will likely be able to contribute in a scoring role immediately. Defensively, he still needs some seasoning and may have to adjust his approach on that end of the floor to be a complete player.
Photo Credit: AP
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Lakers news: Kobe Bryant’s return adds unique challenges for teammates - December 11, 2013
- Clippers news: Stephen Jackson signs with L.A. - December 11, 2013
- UCLA LB Anthony Barr earns Lott Award, eyes others - December 9, 2013