- 2014 NBA playoffs roundtable and predictions
- NHL playoffs 2014 preview: Stanley Cup roundtable and predictions
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 15: 49ers’ Aldon Smith arrested, Josh Hamilton out for two months
- NFL Draft 2014: Whose stock is rising and falling?
- Lakers lose 7th straight in home finale blowout vs. Grizzlies, 102-90
- Sacramento Kings look ahead in win vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Are stalled contract talks weighing down Pablo Sandoval?
- Los Angeles Lakers: 5 players L.A. needs to keep in 2014-15
Pitt RB Rushel Shell won’t transfer to UCLA
- Updated: June 24, 2013
University of Pittsburgh sophomore running back Rushel Shell won’t transfer to UCLA after going public in April that we would do so and has already contacted the Pitt coaching staff about returning to the team this fall, according to ESPN.com.
Shell never enrolled at UCLA, though his intent was to do so. The fact that he never left school should make his return more seamless. Shell will have to work to get back in the good graces of the coaching staff after leaving one week into spring practice. The process to return will involve re-enrolling at Pitt and meeting with head coach Paul Chryst.
He has twin daughters in Pittsburgh, and the possibility of leaving them for an extended period of time is believed to have weighted heavily on his decision to stay close to home.
He was the all-time leading rusher in Pennsylvania high school history, breaking Tony Dorsett’s long-standing mark. He had a solid freshman campaign and entered spring drills as the starter after posting totals of 641 rushing yards and four touchdowns. UCLA could have used his skill set after losing its own leading rusher Johnathan Franklin to the NFL.
If things work out for Shell to return, he will provide a big lift at a key position as the program prepares to enter the ACC.
Photo Credit: Neil Will / Flickr
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding - April 16, 2014
- Michael Cuddyer injury: Rockies OF exits with hurt right elbow - April 14, 2014
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale - April 14, 2014