- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
Pitt RB Rushel Shell won’t transfer to UCLA
- Updated: June 24, 2013
University of Pittsburgh sophomore running back Rushel Shell won’t transfer to UCLA after going public in April that we would do so and has already contacted the Pitt coaching staff about returning to the team this fall, according to ESPN.com.
Shell never enrolled at UCLA, though his intent was to do so. The fact that he never left school should make his return more seamless. Shell will have to work to get back in the good graces of the coaching staff after leaving one week into spring practice. The process to return will involve re-enrolling at Pitt and meeting with head coach Paul Chryst.
He has twin daughters in Pittsburgh, and the possibility of leaving them for an extended period of time is believed to have weighted heavily on his decision to stay close to home.
He was the all-time leading rusher in Pennsylvania high school history, breaking Tony Dorsett’s long-standing mark. He had a solid freshman campaign and entered spring drills as the starter after posting totals of 641 rushing yards and four touchdowns. UCLA could have used his skill set after losing its own leading rusher Johnathan Franklin to the NFL.
If things work out for Shell to return, he will provide a big lift at a key position as the program prepares to enter the ACC.
Photo Credit: Neil Will / Flickr
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks - December 12, 2014
- VIDEO: Russell Wilson makes Fletcher Cox look silly on quarterback scramble - December 7, 2014
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70 - December 5, 2014