- NCAA Tournament 2014: San Diego State head coach Steve Fisher eyeing top-4 seed
- Matt Kemp injury: Dodgers OF feeling strong after minor league game
- Phil Jackson rumors: Ex-Lakers coach gets offers from Knicks
- Portland Trail Blazers’ GM eyes ‘elite’ status as goal
- Watch out for the Houston Rockets
- Brandon Browner reinstated by the NFL
- Corey Brewer reflects on his annihilation of Derek Fisher
- 2014 NFL Draft: 5 Pac-12 standouts who could make an immediate impact
- NFL Draft 2014: Jadeveon Clowney should be No. 1 pick, says Marcus Lattimore
- Seahawks choose not to use franchise tag on Steven Hauschka
Pitt RB Rushel Shell won’t transfer to UCLA
- Updated: June 24, 2013
University of Pittsburgh sophomore running back Rushel Shell won’t transfer to UCLA after going public in April that we would do so and has already contacted the Pitt coaching staff about returning to the team this fall, according to ESPN.com.
Shell never enrolled at UCLA, though his intent was to do so. The fact that he never left school should make his return more seamless. Shell will have to work to get back in the good graces of the coaching staff after leaving one week into spring practice. The process to return will involve re-enrolling at Pitt and meeting with head coach Paul Chryst.
He has twin daughters in Pittsburgh, and the possibility of leaving them for an extended period of time is believed to have weighted heavily on his decision to stay close to home.
He was the all-time leading rusher in Pennsylvania high school history, breaking Tony Dorsett’s long-standing mark. He had a solid freshman campaign and entered spring drills as the starter after posting totals of 641 rushing yards and four touchdowns. UCLA could have used his skill set after losing its own leading rusher Johnathan Franklin to the NFL.
If things work out for Shell to return, he will provide a big lift at a key position as the program prepares to enter the ACC.
Photo Credit: Neil Will / Flickr
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- NCAA Tournament 2014: San Diego State head coach Steve Fisher eyeing top-4 seed - March 11, 2014
- Matt Kemp injury: Dodgers OF feeling strong after minor league game - March 9, 2014
- VIDEO: Blake Griffin feeds DeAndre Jordan vs. Hawks - March 8, 2014