- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
- NFL Combine 2015: Top 5 Winners and Losers
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash
- Doc Rivers still recruiting Kendrick Perkins ‘hard,’ per report
- Brett Hundley impresses at NFL Combine with 4.63 40
- San Diego mayor on Chargers-Raiders proposal: ‘That’s not how you do business’
- Chargers, Raiders move forward with Los Angeles stadium proposal
- Seahawks GM seeks Marshawn Lynch contract resolution
- Oregon, head coach Mark Helfrich agree to 5-year, $17.5M extension
Pitt RB Rushel Shell won’t transfer to UCLA
- Updated: June 24, 2013
University of Pittsburgh sophomore running back Rushel Shell won’t transfer to UCLA after going public in April that we would do so and has already contacted the Pitt coaching staff about returning to the team this fall, according to ESPN.com.
Shell never enrolled at UCLA, though his intent was to do so. The fact that he never left school should make his return more seamless. Shell will have to work to get back in the good graces of the coaching staff after leaving one week into spring practice. The process to return will involve re-enrolling at Pitt and meeting with head coach Paul Chryst.
He has twin daughters in Pittsburgh, and the possibility of leaving them for an extended period of time is believed to have weighted heavily on his decision to stay close to home.
He was the all-time leading rusher in Pennsylvania high school history, breaking Tony Dorsett’s long-standing mark. He had a solid freshman campaign and entered spring drills as the starter after posting totals of 641 rushing yards and four touchdowns. UCLA could have used his skill set after losing its own leading rusher Johnathan Franklin to the NFL.
If things work out for Shell to return, he will provide a big lift at a key position as the program prepares to enter the ACC.
Photo Credit: Neil Will / Flickr
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ - February 23, 2015
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League - February 21, 2015
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash - February 21, 2015