- San Diego State football news: Four-star recruit DeSean Holmes abandons program
- Pressure doesn’t break Chris Taylor-Yamanoha
- Video: Watch Marshawn Lynch sell Skittles on shopping network
- Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O’Neal show love for one another on podcast
- Fred Jackson visits with Seahawks, contract imminent, per report
- Clippers fined $250K for mishandling DeAndre Jordan free agency
- Leonard Williams avoids serious knee-injury
- Tyrell Williams – former NCAA Division II wideout – is bolting up in San Diego
- Boise State denies that Sam Ukwuachu’s 2013 dismissal was because of allegations of abuse
- Russell Wilson says he didn’t suffer a concussion in NFC Championship game
Pitt RB Rushel Shell won’t transfer to UCLA
- Updated: June 24, 2013
University of Pittsburgh sophomore running back Rushel Shell won’t transfer to UCLA after going public in April that we would do so and has already contacted the Pitt coaching staff about returning to the team this fall, according to ESPN.com.
Shell never enrolled at UCLA, though his intent was to do so. The fact that he never left school should make his return more seamless. Shell will have to work to get back in the good graces of the coaching staff after leaving one week into spring practice. The process to return will involve re-enrolling at Pitt and meeting with head coach Paul Chryst.
He has twin daughters in Pittsburgh, and the possibility of leaving them for an extended period of time is believed to have weighted heavily on his decision to stay close to home.
He was the all-time leading rusher in Pennsylvania high school history, breaking Tony Dorsett’s long-standing mark. He had a solid freshman campaign and entered spring drills as the starter after posting totals of 641 rushing yards and four touchdowns. UCLA could have used his skill set after losing its own leading rusher Johnathan Franklin to the NFL.
If things work out for Shell to return, he will provide a big lift at a key position as the program prepares to enter the ACC.
Photo Credit: Neil Will / Flickr
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Dodgers call up Corey Seager in wake of Justin Turner injury - September 3, 2015
- Philip Rivers says clash with Seahawks’ Frank Clark was ‘no big deal’ - September 1, 2015
- Video: Watch Marshawn Lynch sell Skittles on shopping network - September 1, 2015