- MVP performance a future glimpse of Ray McCallum
- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres
- NBA Summer League 2014: Julius Randle, Jordan Clarkson lead Lakers past Nuggets, 83-77
- Joe Torre on Hall of Fame: ‘Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity’
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million
- Steve Kerr impresses at NBA Summer League, despite record
- British Open 2014: Tiger Woods fires 69, sits 3 shots back after Round 1
- The Sacramento Kings’ veteran crisis
- NBA Summer League tournament beginning to take shape
NBA free agency 2013: Lakers to work out Shawne Williams
- Updated: June 24, 2013
The exact date of the workout is not known, but Williams will also work out for the New York Knicks on Monday. The 27-year-old played in New York during the 2010-11 season before moving on to join the New Jersey Nets.
The former first-round draft pick out of Memphis has a career 5.7 points per game average and a 41 percent field goal mark in five NBA seasons. He is seen as somewhat of a character risk due to several run-ins with the law since entering the NBA, but the Lakers can’t necessarily be choosers this offseason as they have several issues looming with respect to the salary cap and an aging roster.
Williams’ game suits what the Lakers need — he excels in defense and three-point shooting. Both are areas where L.A. has been deficient for a number of years. They need youth and athleticism at the wings, and Williams has good size at 6-foot-9, but is versatile enough to play on the perimeter.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres - July 19, 2014
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million - July 18, 2014
- British Open 2014: Tiger Woods fires 69, sits 3 shots back after Round 1 - July 17, 2014