- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
NBA free agency 2013: Lakers to work out Shawne Williams
- Updated: June 24, 2013
The exact date of the workout is not known, but Williams will also work out for the New York Knicks on Monday. The 27-year-old played in New York during the 2010-11 season before moving on to join the New Jersey Nets.
The former first-round draft pick out of Memphis has a career 5.7 points per game average and a 41 percent field goal mark in five NBA seasons. He is seen as somewhat of a character risk due to several run-ins with the law since entering the NBA, but the Lakers can’t necessarily be choosers this offseason as they have several issues looming with respect to the salary cap and an aging roster.
Williams’ game suits what the Lakers need — he excels in defense and three-point shooting. Both are areas where L.A. has been deficient for a number of years. They need youth and athleticism at the wings, and Williams has good size at 6-foot-9, but is versatile enough to play on the perimeter.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report - January 20, 2015
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs - January 19, 2015
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried? - January 16, 2015