- UCLA LB Anthony Barr earns Lott Award, eyes others
- Blazers news: Wesley Matthews says he’ll enter 3-point contest if invited
- 49ers Anquan Boldin credits Michael Crabtree for big game vs. Seahawks
- USC football news: Trojans set to face Fresno State in Las Vegas Bowl
- NFC West Week 14 roundup: Frank Gore rescues 49ers, Cardinals beat up Rams
- Kobe Bryant’s return: Lakers slow start leads to 106-94 loss vs. Raptors
- Lakers: Patience is key with Kobe Bryant
- Rudy Gay traded to Sacramento Kings in exchange for Patrick Patterson, 3 others
- Lakers: Immediate expectations for Kobe Bryant
- Kobe Bryant return: Lakers star to debut Sunday vs. Raptors
NBA free agency 2013: Lakers to work out Shawne Williams
- Updated: June 24, 2013
The exact date of the workout is not known, but Williams will also work out for the New York Knicks on Monday. The 27-year-old played in New York during the 2010-11 season before moving on to join the New Jersey Nets.
The former first-round draft pick out of Memphis has a career 5.7 points per game average and a 41 percent field goal mark in five NBA seasons. He is seen as somewhat of a character risk due to several run-ins with the law since entering the NBA, but the Lakers can’t necessarily be choosers this offseason as they have several issues looming with respect to the salary cap and an aging roster.
Williams’ game suits what the Lakers need — he excels in defense and three-point shooting. Both are areas where L.A. has been deficient for a number of years. They need youth and athleticism at the wings, and Williams has good size at 6-foot-9, but is versatile enough to play on the perimeter.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- UCLA LB Anthony Barr earns Lott Award, eyes others - December 9, 2013
- Blazers news: Wesley Matthews says he’ll enter 3-point contest if invited - December 9, 2013
- USC football news: Trojans set to face Fresno State in Las Vegas Bowl - December 9, 2013