- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament
- MWC Championship 2015: Winston Shepard drops 16 to rout Colorado State in semifinal
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters
- Cowboys sign Darren McFadden for 2 years, $5.85 million
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
NBA free agency 2013: Lakers to work out Shawne Williams
- Updated: June 24, 2013
The exact date of the workout is not known, but Williams will also work out for the New York Knicks on Monday. The 27-year-old played in New York during the 2010-11 season before moving on to join the New Jersey Nets.
The former first-round draft pick out of Memphis has a career 5.7 points per game average and a 41 percent field goal mark in five NBA seasons. He is seen as somewhat of a character risk due to several run-ins with the law since entering the NBA, but the Lakers can’t necessarily be choosers this offseason as they have several issues looming with respect to the salary cap and an aging roster.
Williams’ game suits what the Lakers need — he excels in defense and three-point shooting. Both are areas where L.A. has been deficient for a number of years. They need youth and athleticism at the wings, and Williams has good size at 6-foot-9, but is versatile enough to play on the perimeter.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters - March 13, 2015