- Patrick Peterson ‘having fun’ with Richard Sherman feud
- Raiders training camp 2014: line of scrimmage a focus
- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
NBA free agency 2013: Lakers to work out Shawne Williams
- Updated: June 24, 2013
The exact date of the workout is not known, but Williams will also work out for the New York Knicks on Monday. The 27-year-old played in New York during the 2010-11 season before moving on to join the New Jersey Nets.
The former first-round draft pick out of Memphis has a career 5.7 points per game average and a 41 percent field goal mark in five NBA seasons. He is seen as somewhat of a character risk due to several run-ins with the law since entering the NBA, but the Lakers can’t necessarily be choosers this offseason as they have several issues looming with respect to the salary cap and an aging roster.
Williams’ game suits what the Lakers need — he excels in defense and three-point shooting. Both are areas where L.A. has been deficient for a number of years. They need youth and athleticism at the wings, and Williams has good size at 6-foot-9, but is versatile enough to play on the perimeter.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Patrick Peterson ‘having fun’ with Richard Sherman feud - July 31, 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report - July 25, 2014
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres - July 19, 2014