- NFL quote roundup, Week 15: No team in LA for 2015 season
- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
Report: Clippers-Celtics deal for Doc Rivers imminent
- Updated: June 23, 2013
The Los Angeles Clippers and Boston Celtics are nearing an agreement that would send C’s head coach Doc Rivers to Los Angeles, according to Yahoo! Sports NBA Insider Adrian Wojnarowski.
It’s the latest development in an ongoing saga that has included each team going back-and-forth in negotiations. The NBA even got involved to a point when commissioner David Stern said that it would nix any deal seen as part of a contingency for another. The Clippers’ main focus this offseason is putting together their best sales pitch in hopes of re-signing superstar guard Chris Paul.
The popular belief is that Paul is fond of Rivers, and that bringing him to Los Angeles would help the Clippers take the next step in their aspirations to win an NBA title. With plenty of young talent, they have the resources necessary to be competitive in the postseason, and Rivers could be the final piece of the puzzle and is a game-changer on the sidelines.
When the Clips’ didn’t renew the contract of former head coach Vinny Del Negro, this is the type of coaching hire even they could only dream of. Now, it seems closer to reality than ever before that they could land a proven, championship-caliber coach.
Photo credit: Debby Wong / USA Today
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank - December 20, 2014
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks - December 12, 2014
- VIDEO: Russell Wilson makes Fletcher Cox look silly on quarterback scramble - December 7, 2014