- UPDATE: Odell Beckham Jr. wins Madden Cover
- NFL defense contracts tell sad tale of greed
- Clippers dominate 3rd quarter, beat Rockets, 128-95
- Lakers should hold off on max offer sheet to Jimmy Butler
- NFL Draft 2015: Rumors swirl as Day 1 nears
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’
- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
Report: Clippers-Celtics deal for Doc Rivers imminent
- Updated: June 23, 2013
The Los Angeles Clippers and Boston Celtics are nearing an agreement that would send C’s head coach Doc Rivers to Los Angeles, according to Yahoo! Sports NBA Insider Adrian Wojnarowski.
It’s the latest development in an ongoing saga that has included each team going back-and-forth in negotiations. The NBA even got involved to a point when commissioner David Stern said that it would nix any deal seen as part of a contingency for another. The Clippers’ main focus this offseason is putting together their best sales pitch in hopes of re-signing superstar guard Chris Paul.
The popular belief is that Paul is fond of Rivers, and that bringing him to Los Angeles would help the Clippers take the next step in their aspirations to win an NBA title. With plenty of young talent, they have the resources necessary to be competitive in the postseason, and Rivers could be the final piece of the puzzle and is a game-changer on the sidelines.
When the Clips’ didn’t renew the contract of former head coach Vinny Del Negro, this is the type of coaching hire even they could only dream of. Now, it seems closer to reality than ever before that they could land a proven, championship-caliber coach.
Photo credit: Debby Wong / USA Today
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’ - April 27, 2015
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015