- Chargers vs. Bills, Week 3: Can Bolts build off big win?
- Chargers will go as far as Philip Rivers, veterans will take them
- Chargers vs. Seahawks: 3 things we learned in the Bolts’ 30-21 win
- NFL season 2014: Top 5 surprises of Week 2
- NFL mishandles Ray Rice situation
- Chargers vs. Cardinals, NFL Week 1 preview: Bolts have early road test on MNF stage
- Eric Weddle on 2014 Chargers: ‘We can beat anybody’
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
Report: Clippers-Celtics deal for Doc Rivers imminent
- Updated: June 23, 2013
The Los Angeles Clippers and Boston Celtics are nearing an agreement that would send C’s head coach Doc Rivers to Los Angeles, according to Yahoo! Sports NBA Insider Adrian Wojnarowski.
It’s the latest development in an ongoing saga that has included each team going back-and-forth in negotiations. The NBA even got involved to a point when commissioner David Stern said that it would nix any deal seen as part of a contingency for another. The Clippers’ main focus this offseason is putting together their best sales pitch in hopes of re-signing superstar guard Chris Paul.
The popular belief is that Paul is fond of Rivers, and that bringing him to Los Angeles would help the Clippers take the next step in their aspirations to win an NBA title. With plenty of young talent, they have the resources necessary to be competitive in the postseason, and Rivers could be the final piece of the puzzle and is a game-changer on the sidelines.
When the Clips’ didn’t renew the contract of former head coach Vinny Del Negro, this is the type of coaching hire even they could only dream of. Now, it seems closer to reality than ever before that they could land a proven, championship-caliber coach.
Photo credit: Debby Wong / USA Today
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report - August 31, 2014
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014