- Chargers vs. Seahawks: 3 things we learned in the Bolts’ 30-21 win
- NFL season 2014: Top 5 surprises of Week 2
- NFL mishandles Ray Rice situation
- Chargers vs. Cardinals, NFL Week 1 preview: Bolts have early road test on MNF stage
- Eric Weddle on 2014 Chargers: ‘We can beat anybody’
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
Dwight Howard free agency: Rockets may drop Thomas Robinson
- Updated: June 22, 2013
As the Houston Rockets continue to build their case for bringing superstar Dwight Howard in via free agency, they’ve recently considered the shedding the contract of 2012 No. 5 overall pick Thomas Robinson, according to ESPN NBA Insider Marc Stein.
If they are able get rid of Robinson’s salary, they will be compensated with a first-round pick and can save some all-important cap space. The Rockets will need to free up as many dollars as possible as they begin to prepare their best sales pitch to the Lakers big man. Robinson is a power forward who hasn’t panned out the way the Rockets or the Sacramento Kings had hoped, so he’s expendable in this case.
Howard has recently said he will explore all of his options, take his time and make his decisions based solely on basketball. That means that he will look at the team surrounding him and the direction of the organization.
That makes Houston’s case as strong as anyone’s. They have a strong core of young players in James Harden and Chandler Parsons as well as solid complementary players who can stretch the floor and provide balance. Howard will bring instant improvement on the defensive end, and area where they struggled tremendously in 2012-13.
In other words, let the offseason games begin.
Photo Credit: T.C. / Flickr
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report - August 31, 2014
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014