- Patrick Peterson ‘having fun’ with Richard Sherman feud
- Raiders training camp 2014: line of scrimmage a focus
- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
DeAndre Jordan on trade talks: ‘I’m a Clipper’
- Updated: June 22, 2013
Los Angeles Clippers resident high-flyer DeAndre Jordan isn’t rushing to any judgement about the organization that is dangling him in various trade talks and is taking everything in stride.
“I’m a Clipper right now and I’m a Clipper until someone tells me otherwise,” he told ESPN Radio’s “Mike and Mike in the Morning” on Thursday. “I’m going to try to make the best of my opportunities in my professional career. I love it and I’m going to keep taking it a day at a time.”
That’s the right attitude to have, because Jordan is a major component of seemingly any deal involving the Clippers this offseason. Reports have the Clips’ man in the middle as the key piece in an on-again-off-again potential deal that would send he and two first-round draft picks to the Boston Celtics in exchange for Doc Rivers.
In a separate speculative deal, He was discussed as a component along with Eric Bledsoe that would net them Kevin Garnett. It’s unclear whether or not the two transactions are seen as related or if they are independent.
Seemingly everything in the Clippers’ organization is in relative disarray. After head coach Vinny Del Negro was fired after the season, comments that owner Donald Sterling made seemed to imply that soon-to-be-free agent Chris Paul may have had something to do with it. That upset Paul and could play a role in his decision-making process this summer.
Also, the Clips have interviewed several coaching candidates to replace Del Negro, but no definitive favorite has been identified as they eyed Rivers. Boston had a scheduled news conference on Friday to make an announcement on Rivers’ status, but it was postponed.
Photo Credit: Howard Smith / USA Today Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Patrick Peterson ‘having fun’ with Richard Sherman feud - July 31, 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report - July 25, 2014
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres - July 19, 2014