- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
- NFL Quotes Roundup, Week 5: Reggie Wayne acknowledges age, RGIII makes progress
Celtics cancel news conference, Doc Rivers stays for now
- Updated: June 21, 2013
The Boston Celtics cancelled a news conference that was set to take place on Friday, according to Ken Berger of CBS Sports. The Los Angeles Clippers have been trying for several days to negotiate a deal that would bring head coach Doc Rivers to Los Angeles, and after the NBA’s league offices made it known that there was a breach of league rules.
David Stern went on record to say that the deal was not within the league’s rules that state that a team cannot make a trade based on contingencies or side deals. The Clippers were believed to be prepared to send DeAndre Jordan and two first round draft picks in exchange for Kevin Garnett and Doc Rivers. Rivers was seen as the second transaction, and that’s where the league had its issue.
Now, the Clippers are stuck in a holding pattern. They’ve had second head coaching interviews with Brian Shaw and Byron Scott and are thought to make their decision in the coming days. Boston’s press conference was reportedly to update the media on the status of Rivers, which would in turn give the Clippers an idea of how to proceed with their own business.
With the regular season now officially over, the business of the league now turns to the upcoming NBA draft. It would be ideal for both the C’s and the Clippers to have all pieces in place by the time that takes place.
Photo Credit: USATI
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report - October 17, 2014
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador - October 11, 2014
- Padres fall to Rockies, 3-2 despite testing Jorge De La Rosa - September 23, 2014