- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
- NFL Quotes Roundup, Week 5: Reggie Wayne acknowledges age, RGIII makes progress
NBA free agency 2013: Lakers interested in Monta Ellis
- Updated: June 19, 2013
The Los Angeles Lakers reportedly have interest in point guard Monta Ellis who informed the Milwaukee Bucks he intends to opt out of the final year of his contract. Ellis had one-year and 11 million dollars left on a six-year 66 million dollar deal he had originally signed with the Golden State Warriors.
Ellis is close with Dwight Howard, who the Lakers hope to retain, and the two of them have wanted to play together for some time. Howard’s first choice appears to be teaming up with Chris Paul and the Los Angeles Clippers, but playing with Ellis may be another intriguing option for him. The Lakers would have to put together some kind of sign-and-trade deal in order to acquire Ellis, a scenario that appears to be unlikely.
Ellis has been in the NBA for eight seasons after being drafted by the Warriors in 2005. He spent the last two years in Milwaukee. For his career, Ellis has averaged 19.4 points and 4.7 assists per game.
The Dallas Mavericks and Atlanta Hawks are also reported to have interest in Ellis.
Photo Credit: (Mike Ehrmann/Getty Images)
Latest posts by Al Sacco (see all)
- 49ers Week 7 primer: Can a banged up defense keep up with Peyton Manning? - October 17, 2014
- Colin Kaepernick takes a big step forward in 49ers’ Week 6 win - October 15, 2014
- 49ers Week 6 primer: Niners can’t afford to look past Rams - October 10, 2014