- Raiders training camp 2014: line of scrimmage a focus
- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
- MVP performance a future glimpse of Ray McCallum
NBA free agency 2013: Lakers interested in Monta Ellis
- Updated: June 19, 2013
The Los Angeles Lakers reportedly have interest in point guard Monta Ellis who informed the Milwaukee Bucks he intends to opt out of the final year of his contract. Ellis had one-year and 11 million dollars left on a six-year 66 million dollar deal he had originally signed with the Golden State Warriors.
Ellis is close with Dwight Howard, who the Lakers hope to retain, and the two of them have wanted to play together for some time. Howard’s first choice appears to be teaming up with Chris Paul and the Los Angeles Clippers, but playing with Ellis may be another intriguing option for him. The Lakers would have to put together some kind of sign-and-trade deal in order to acquire Ellis, a scenario that appears to be unlikely.
Ellis has been in the NBA for eight seasons after being drafted by the Warriors in 2005. He spent the last two years in Milwaukee. For his career, Ellis has averaged 19.4 points and 4.7 assists per game.
The Dallas Mavericks and Atlanta Hawks are also reported to have interest in Ellis.
Photo Credit: (Mike Ehrmann/Getty Images)
Latest posts by Al Sacco (see all)
- 49ers training camp: What’s the outlook at running back? - July 29, 2014
- Joe Torre reflects on decision to manage the Dodgers - July 26, 2014
- Vernon Davis reports to training camp on time - July 23, 2014