- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
- Sharks close trip with uninspired loss 4-1 loss to Sabres
- Chargers notes: Seyi Ajirotutu fined, Ryan Mathews and Manti Te’O to return after bye
- Clippers’ concerns revolve around defense and rebounding
- Do the 49ers have an identity crisis?
- Marcus Lattimore injury: 49ers running back has bigger issue
- Klay Thompson signs 4-year, $70 million extension with Warriors
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win
NBA free agency 2013: Lakers interested in Monta Ellis
- Updated: June 19, 2013
The Los Angeles Lakers reportedly have interest in point guard Monta Ellis who informed the Milwaukee Bucks he intends to opt out of the final year of his contract. Ellis had one-year and 11 million dollars left on a six-year 66 million dollar deal he had originally signed with the Golden State Warriors.
Ellis is close with Dwight Howard, who the Lakers hope to retain, and the two of them have wanted to play together for some time. Howard’s first choice appears to be teaming up with Chris Paul and the Los Angeles Clippers, but playing with Ellis may be another intriguing option for him. The Lakers would have to put together some kind of sign-and-trade deal in order to acquire Ellis, a scenario that appears to be unlikely.
Ellis has been in the NBA for eight seasons after being drafted by the Warriors in 2005. He spent the last two years in Milwaukee. For his career, Ellis has averaged 19.4 points and 4.7 assists per game.
The Dallas Mavericks and Atlanta Hawks are also reported to have interest in Ellis.
Photo Credit: (Mike Ehrmann/Getty Images)
Latest posts by Al Sacco (see all)
- 49ers Week 13 Primer: High stakes in latest installment of NFL’s best rivalry - November 26, 2014
- 49ers Week 12 Primer: Will the offense wake up? - November 21, 2014
- 49ers Week 11 primer: The return of Aldon Smith - November 14, 2014