- Pac-12 video preview: California Golden Bears at Washington Huskies
- Lakers sign center Robert Upshaw
- Raiders’ Charles Woodson, Derek Carr day-to-day with injuries
- Philip Rivers, Carlos Hyde earn NFL players of the week honors
- Golden State Warriors pursuing Steve Nash, per report
- Video preview: Utah State Aggies at Washington Huskies
- Seattle Seahawks top Las Vegas sportsbook as Super Bowl favorites
- Lions vs. Chargers: Philip Rivers, Melvin Gordon dealing with nerves, excitement
- Richard Sherman: Tom Brady, Patriots didn’t cheat
- Pac-12 preview: Oregon Ducks at Michigan State Spartans
NBA free agency 2013: Lakers interested in Monta Ellis
- Updated: June 19, 2013
The Los Angeles Lakers reportedly have interest in point guard Monta Ellis who informed the Milwaukee Bucks he intends to opt out of the final year of his contract. Ellis had one-year and 11 million dollars left on a six-year 66 million dollar deal he had originally signed with the Golden State Warriors.
Ellis is close with Dwight Howard, who the Lakers hope to retain, and the two of them have wanted to play together for some time. Howard’s first choice appears to be teaming up with Chris Paul and the Los Angeles Clippers, but playing with Ellis may be another intriguing option for him. The Lakers would have to put together some kind of sign-and-trade deal in order to acquire Ellis, a scenario that appears to be unlikely.
Ellis has been in the NBA for eight seasons after being drafted by the Warriors in 2005. He spent the last two years in Milwaukee. For his career, Ellis has averaged 19.4 points and 4.7 assists per game.
The Dallas Mavericks and Atlanta Hawks are also reported to have interest in Ellis.
Photo Credit: (Mike Ehrmann/Getty Images)
Latest posts by Al Sacco (see all)
- Randy Johnson Is Thankful For The People Who Helped Him Get To The Hall Of Fame - July 25, 2015
- Can Shareece Wright be the next Carlos Rogers? - July 17, 2015
- 49ers have major question marks at tight end - July 10, 2015