- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
NBA free agency 2013: Lakers interested in Monta Ellis
- Updated: June 19, 2013
The Los Angeles Lakers reportedly have interest in point guard Monta Ellis who informed the Milwaukee Bucks he intends to opt out of the final year of his contract. Ellis had one-year and 11 million dollars left on a six-year 66 million dollar deal he had originally signed with the Golden State Warriors.
Ellis is close with Dwight Howard, who the Lakers hope to retain, and the two of them have wanted to play together for some time. Howard’s first choice appears to be teaming up with Chris Paul and the Los Angeles Clippers, but playing with Ellis may be another intriguing option for him. The Lakers would have to put together some kind of sign-and-trade deal in order to acquire Ellis, a scenario that appears to be unlikely.
Ellis has been in the NBA for eight seasons after being drafted by the Warriors in 2005. He spent the last two years in Milwaukee. For his career, Ellis has averaged 19.4 points and 4.7 assists per game.
The Dallas Mavericks and Atlanta Hawks are also reported to have interest in Ellis.
Photo Credit: (Mike Ehrmann/Getty Images)
Latest posts by Al Sacco (see all)
- Is Jim Tomsula just Jed York’s puppet? - January 15, 2015
- 49ers’ decision to pursue Adam Gase as head coach is misguided - January 13, 2015
- San Francisco 49ers 2014 team award winners - January 9, 2015