- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
- NFL Quotes Roundup, Week 5: Reggie Wayne acknowledges age, RGIII makes progress
Dwight Howard and Chris Paul looking to join forces
- Updated: June 15, 2013
Both players have stayed in contact with one another as one of the biggest free agency periods in NBA history looms. July 1st is a little more than three weeks away and reports have come out that the Atlanta Hawks, Dwight’s hometown team could be a major player for both stars’ services.
“They would love to play together if somebody can make it happen,” says one source with information regarding the plans of both players. Howard has made it clear that returning to Atlanta is not high on his list of places to continue his NBA career but a Chris Paul signing by the club could help him change his mind.
The Hawks have the financial flexibility to sign both Paul and Howard to maximum money deals this offseason. Another possible destination for the potential power duo is Los Angeles.
While the Lakers remain a long shot to land both players, the Clippers on the other hand could perform a sign-and-trade with their rivals from down the hall. This scenario has some snags, thoug, as it would require the Lakers to sign over Dwight Howard to a team that already has a player on their roster that they feel they should have in Chris Paul.
As free agency nears this summer, expect to hear more about this story as it develops.
Latest posts by Michael Porter (see all)
- Kobe Bryant says he’s ‘fat’, needs 3 weeks of conditioning - October 10, 2013
- Charles Woodson aging like fine wine with huge defensive plays - October 8, 2013
- NL West champion Dodgers eye World Series after historic turnaround - September 23, 2013