- Patrick Peterson ‘having fun’ with Richard Sherman feud
- Raiders training camp 2014: line of scrimmage a focus
- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
Report: Clippers won’t accept offer for Doc Rivers, Kevin Garnett
- Updated: June 15, 2013
Despite reports to the contrary, the Los Angeles Clippers have informed Boston Celtics head coach Doc Rivers that they will not accept the C’s offer that would allow him to be their next head coach, according to Brad Turner of the Los Angeles Times.
The Celtics were involved with discussions with the Clippers with respect to a blockbuster trade that would involve Rivers in addition to veterans Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett. The Clippers likely balked at the move because such a deal would likely involve having to move Blake Griffin, who sources inside the Clippers’ organization have deemed untouchable.
Rivers coached the Celtics to their last NBA title in 2008, when they defeated the Los Angeles Lakers in the NBA Finals. The Clippers were also discussing sending a package that would include both DeAndre Jordan and Eric Bledsoe in lieu of landing Griffin, but the Clippers were still reluctant to make such a drastic change. Rivers had a lucrative contract with the Celtics, and the trade involving Garnett and potentially Pierce was seen as a complementary piece.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Patrick Peterson ‘having fun’ with Richard Sherman feud - July 31, 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report - July 25, 2014
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres - July 19, 2014