- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
Report: Clippers won’t accept offer for Doc Rivers, Kevin Garnett
- Updated: June 15, 2013
Despite reports to the contrary, the Los Angeles Clippers have informed Boston Celtics head coach Doc Rivers that they will not accept the C’s offer that would allow him to be their next head coach, according to Brad Turner of the Los Angeles Times.
The Celtics were involved with discussions with the Clippers with respect to a blockbuster trade that would involve Rivers in addition to veterans Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett. The Clippers likely balked at the move because such a deal would likely involve having to move Blake Griffin, who sources inside the Clippers’ organization have deemed untouchable.
Rivers coached the Celtics to their last NBA title in 2008, when they defeated the Los Angeles Lakers in the NBA Finals. The Clippers were also discussing sending a package that would include both DeAndre Jordan and Eric Bledsoe in lieu of landing Griffin, but the Clippers were still reluctant to make such a drastic change. Rivers had a lucrative contract with the Celtics, and the trade involving Garnett and potentially Pierce was seen as a complementary piece.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank - December 20, 2014
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks - December 12, 2014
- VIDEO: Russell Wilson makes Fletcher Cox look silly on quarterback scramble - December 7, 2014