- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
- NFL Quotes Roundup, Week 5: Reggie Wayne acknowledges age, RGIII makes progress
Report: Clippers won’t accept offer for Doc Rivers, Kevin Garnett
- Updated: June 15, 2013
Despite reports to the contrary, the Los Angeles Clippers have informed Boston Celtics head coach Doc Rivers that they will not accept the C’s offer that would allow him to be their next head coach, according to Brad Turner of the Los Angeles Times.
The Celtics were involved with discussions with the Clippers with respect to a blockbuster trade that would involve Rivers in addition to veterans Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett. The Clippers likely balked at the move because such a deal would likely involve having to move Blake Griffin, who sources inside the Clippers’ organization have deemed untouchable.
Rivers coached the Celtics to their last NBA title in 2008, when they defeated the Los Angeles Lakers in the NBA Finals. The Clippers were also discussing sending a package that would include both DeAndre Jordan and Eric Bledsoe in lieu of landing Griffin, but the Clippers were still reluctant to make such a drastic change. Rivers had a lucrative contract with the Celtics, and the trade involving Garnett and potentially Pierce was seen as a complementary piece.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report - October 17, 2014
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador - October 11, 2014
- Padres fall to Rockies, 3-2 despite testing Jorge De La Rosa - September 23, 2014