- Pac-12 video preview: California Golden Bears at Washington Huskies
- Lakers sign center Robert Upshaw
- Raiders’ Charles Woodson, Derek Carr day-to-day with injuries
- Philip Rivers, Carlos Hyde earn NFL players of the week honors
- Golden State Warriors pursuing Steve Nash, per report
- Video preview: Utah State Aggies at Washington Huskies
- Seattle Seahawks top Las Vegas sportsbook as Super Bowl favorites
- Lions vs. Chargers: Philip Rivers, Melvin Gordon dealing with nerves, excitement
- Richard Sherman: Tom Brady, Patriots didn’t cheat
- Pac-12 preview: Oregon Ducks at Michigan State Spartans
Chris Paul free agency: Rockets will pursue Clippers PG
- Updated: June 10, 2013
The Houston Rockets want it all.
Dwight Howard isn’t the only free agent in Los Angeles the Rockets will try to go after this offseason; a report from the Houston Chronicle on Sunday detailed how they would also try to pursue Los Angeles Clippers superstar Chris Paul.
A source with knowledge of the team’s thinking said that both Howard and Paul are targets No. 1 and 1A to land in hopes of taking their team into being legitimate title contenders. Houston may not be Los Angeles in terms of geography, lifestyle and fame, but when it comes to talent, they can compete with both the Lakers’ and Clippers’ assets.
James Harden is a superstar, while Chandler Parsons is an emerging star in his own right. The chance to play with them and compete on a nightly basis with a young nucleus surrounding them will be a factor in the decision-making process for both players.
Howard is allegedly considering Houston as a viable option as a destination for his services, and could be swayed by the team they have in place and the fact that there is no state income tax in Texas — a factor that would help mitigate the Lakers’ monetary advantage.
NBA free agency begins on July 1, and as things develop following that important date, more information will be made available. For now, NBA fans will have to wait and see how everything plays out.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Raiders’ Charles Woodson, Derek Carr day-to-day with injuries - September 17, 2015
- Philip Rivers, Carlos Hyde earn NFL players of the week honors - September 17, 2015
- Aldon Smith signs 1-year deal with Raiders, charged with three crimes on same day - September 11, 2015