- Chargers notes: Do the Bolts have the best receiving corps in football?
- Dennis Allen’s greatest Raiders moments
- Los Angeles Clippers Media Day 2014: ‘This is our time’
- Jaguars vs. Chargers, Week 4: Bolts win third straight, 33-14
- 4 things learned about the NFC West
- Pac-12 Las Vegas Outlook: Week 4
- Ben McLemore relaxed after lost rookie year
- Giants playoff tickets 209 percent above season average
- Angels playoff tickets up 257 percent from season average
- Marcus Mariota and the way-too-early Heisman watch
Chris Paul free agency: Rockets will pursue Clippers PG
- Updated: June 10, 2013
The Houston Rockets want it all.
Dwight Howard isn’t the only free agent in Los Angeles the Rockets will try to go after this offseason; a report from the Houston Chronicle on Sunday detailed how they would also try to pursue Los Angeles Clippers superstar Chris Paul.
A source with knowledge of the team’s thinking said that both Howard and Paul are targets No. 1 and 1A to land in hopes of taking their team into being legitimate title contenders. Houston may not be Los Angeles in terms of geography, lifestyle and fame, but when it comes to talent, they can compete with both the Lakers’ and Clippers’ assets.
James Harden is a superstar, while Chandler Parsons is an emerging star in his own right. The chance to play with them and compete on a nightly basis with a young nucleus surrounding them will be a factor in the decision-making process for both players.
Howard is allegedly considering Houston as a viable option as a destination for his services, and could be swayed by the team they have in place and the fact that there is no state income tax in Texas — a factor that would help mitigate the Lakers’ monetary advantage.
NBA free agency begins on July 1, and as things develop following that important date, more information will be made available. For now, NBA fans will have to wait and see how everything plays out.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Padres fall to Rockies, 3-2 despite testing Jorge De La Rosa - September 23, 2014
- Bud Black on Padres long-term success: ‘It’s more personal’ - September 23, 2014
- 49ers, Cardinals fans brawl in Glendale: How San Francisco lost twice - September 23, 2014