- MVP performance a future glimpse of Ray McCallum
- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres
- NBA Summer League 2014: Julius Randle, Jordan Clarkson lead Lakers past Nuggets, 83-77
- Joe Torre on Hall of Fame: ‘Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity’
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million
- Steve Kerr impresses at NBA Summer League, despite record
- British Open 2014: Tiger Woods fires 69, sits 3 shots back after Round 1
- The Sacramento Kings’ veteran crisis
- NBA Summer League tournament beginning to take shape
Chris Paul free agency: Rockets will pursue Clippers PG
- Updated: June 10, 2013
The Houston Rockets want it all.
Dwight Howard isn’t the only free agent in Los Angeles the Rockets will try to go after this offseason; a report from the Houston Chronicle on Sunday detailed how they would also try to pursue Los Angeles Clippers superstar Chris Paul.
A source with knowledge of the team’s thinking said that both Howard and Paul are targets No. 1 and 1A to land in hopes of taking their team into being legitimate title contenders. Houston may not be Los Angeles in terms of geography, lifestyle and fame, but when it comes to talent, they can compete with both the Lakers’ and Clippers’ assets.
James Harden is a superstar, while Chandler Parsons is an emerging star in his own right. The chance to play with them and compete on a nightly basis with a young nucleus surrounding them will be a factor in the decision-making process for both players.
Howard is allegedly considering Houston as a viable option as a destination for his services, and could be swayed by the team they have in place and the fact that there is no state income tax in Texas — a factor that would help mitigate the Lakers’ monetary advantage.
NBA free agency begins on July 1, and as things develop following that important date, more information will be made available. For now, NBA fans will have to wait and see how everything plays out.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres - July 19, 2014
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million - July 18, 2014
- British Open 2014: Tiger Woods fires 69, sits 3 shots back after Round 1 - July 17, 2014