- UPDATE: Odell Beckham Jr. wins Madden Cover
- NFL defense contracts tell sad tale of greed
- Clippers dominate 3rd quarter, beat Rockets, 128-95
- Lakers should hold off on max offer sheet to Jimmy Butler
- NFL Draft 2015: Rumors swirl as Day 1 nears
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’
- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
Chris Paul free agency: Rockets will pursue Clippers PG
- Updated: June 10, 2013
The Houston Rockets want it all.
Dwight Howard isn’t the only free agent in Los Angeles the Rockets will try to go after this offseason; a report from the Houston Chronicle on Sunday detailed how they would also try to pursue Los Angeles Clippers superstar Chris Paul.
A source with knowledge of the team’s thinking said that both Howard and Paul are targets No. 1 and 1A to land in hopes of taking their team into being legitimate title contenders. Houston may not be Los Angeles in terms of geography, lifestyle and fame, but when it comes to talent, they can compete with both the Lakers’ and Clippers’ assets.
James Harden is a superstar, while Chandler Parsons is an emerging star in his own right. The chance to play with them and compete on a nightly basis with a young nucleus surrounding them will be a factor in the decision-making process for both players.
Howard is allegedly considering Houston as a viable option as a destination for his services, and could be swayed by the team they have in place and the fact that there is no state income tax in Texas — a factor that would help mitigate the Lakers’ monetary advantage.
NBA free agency begins on July 1, and as things develop following that important date, more information will be made available. For now, NBA fans will have to wait and see how everything plays out.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’ - April 27, 2015
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015