- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
- Sharks close trip with uninspired loss 4-1 loss to Sabres
- Chargers notes: Seyi Ajirotutu fined, Ryan Mathews and Manti Te’O to return after bye
- Clippers’ concerns revolve around defense and rebounding
- Do the 49ers have an identity crisis?
- Marcus Lattimore injury: 49ers running back has bigger issue
- Klay Thompson signs 4-year, $70 million extension with Warriors
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win
Chris Paul free agency: Rockets will pursue Clippers PG
- Updated: June 10, 2013
The Houston Rockets want it all.
Dwight Howard isn’t the only free agent in Los Angeles the Rockets will try to go after this offseason; a report from the Houston Chronicle on Sunday detailed how they would also try to pursue Los Angeles Clippers superstar Chris Paul.
A source with knowledge of the team’s thinking said that both Howard and Paul are targets No. 1 and 1A to land in hopes of taking their team into being legitimate title contenders. Houston may not be Los Angeles in terms of geography, lifestyle and fame, but when it comes to talent, they can compete with both the Lakers’ and Clippers’ assets.
James Harden is a superstar, while Chandler Parsons is an emerging star in his own right. The chance to play with them and compete on a nightly basis with a young nucleus surrounding them will be a factor in the decision-making process for both players.
Howard is allegedly considering Houston as a viable option as a destination for his services, and could be swayed by the team they have in place and the fact that there is no state income tax in Texas — a factor that would help mitigate the Lakers’ monetary advantage.
NBA free agency begins on July 1, and as things develop following that important date, more information will be made available. For now, NBA fans will have to wait and see how everything plays out.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge - November 21, 2014
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor - November 21, 2014
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win - October 30, 2014