- Sharks’ playoff hopes to hinge on 3 key players
- Kings beat Flames without suspended Jordan Nolan, 3-2
- NFL free agency 2014: Chargers to sign Donald Brown, per report
- NFL free agency 2014: Golden Tate to visit Detroit Lions
- NCAA Tournament 2014: San Diego State head coach Steve Fisher eyeing top-4 seed
- Matt Kemp injury: Dodgers OF feeling strong after minor league game
- Phil Jackson rumors: Ex-Lakers coach gets offers from Knicks
- Portland Trail Blazers’ GM eyes ‘elite’ status as goal
- Watch out for the Houston Rockets
- Brandon Browner reinstated by the NFL
Nuggets to interview Ex-Lakers champ Brian Shaw
- Updated: June 9, 2013
Former Los Angeles Lakers player and current Indiana Pacers assistant coach Brian Shaw is one of two possible coaching candidates being courted to replace the recently-fired George Karl and become the new head coach for the Denver Nuggets.
Shaw was a player on the Lakers from 1999-2003. Following his playing career, he served as a member of the team’s coaching staff from 2004-2011 before joining Frank Vogel and the Pacers’ organization as the associate head coach.
Originally spurned as the predecessor after Phil Jackson’s retirement, he continued to grow his name as one of the most sought after head coaching candidates in the league at Indiana. Shaw even imparted his wisdom on the Pacers offense by infusing a little bit of the triangle offense from his Laker days.
Other teams taking a look at Shaw this offseason include the Los Angeles Clippers and Brooklyn Nets. Memphis Grizzlies head coach Lionel Hollins, who is still under contract as the team’s coach, is the other candidate being considered by the Nuggets.
Photo Credit: The White House Office of the Press Secretary
Follow and interact with Austin Chang on Twitter @_austinchang.
Latest posts by Austin Chang (see all)
- NFC West Week 4 roundup: 49ers dominate Rams, Seahawks win in overtime - September 30, 2013
- NFC West Week 3 roundup: Seahawks only bright spot in poor showing by division - September 23, 2013
- What will Trent Richardson do in Colts debut against 49ers? - September 22, 2013