- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
- Metta World Peace expressed interest in St. John’s head coaching job
- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
49ers sign special-teams Pro Bowler Kassim Osgood
- Updated: June 6, 2013
The San Francisco 49ers continue to make their special teams a priority with the signing of former Pro Bowler Kassim Osgood. Osgood’s deal is for one year and he will be added to the team’s 90-man roster.
The 49ers will be Osgood’s fourth team during his time in the NFL. He spent his first seven years in the league with the San Diego Chargers and made the Pro Bowl for special teams play in 2006, 2007, and 2009. He went on to play for the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2010 and 2011 before spending last season with the Detroit Lions.
The signing of Osgood is purely special teams driven. Osgood only has 44 career receptions in 151 games. 28 of those came in his first two seasons with the Chargers.
To make room for Osgood on the roster, the team waived wide receiver Joe Hastings. Hastings had only appeared in one game for the 49ers, which was in 2011. He did not record a catch.
Latest posts by Al Sacco (see all)
- 49ers 2015 schedule: Early Observations - April 24, 2015
- Can Carlos Hyde take the next step? - April 10, 2015
- 49ers have to start thinking long term at wide receiver and tight end - April 3, 2015