- Patrick Peterson ‘having fun’ with Richard Sherman feud
- Raiders training camp 2014: line of scrimmage a focus
- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
49ers sign special-teams Pro Bowler Kassim Osgood
- Updated: June 6, 2013
The San Francisco 49ers continue to make their special teams a priority with the signing of former Pro Bowler Kassim Osgood. Osgood’s deal is for one year and he will be added to the team’s 90-man roster.
The 49ers will be Osgood’s fourth team during his time in the NFL. He spent his first seven years in the league with the San Diego Chargers and made the Pro Bowl for special teams play in 2006, 2007, and 2009. He went on to play for the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2010 and 2011 before spending last season with the Detroit Lions.
The signing of Osgood is purely special teams driven. Osgood only has 44 career receptions in 151 games. 28 of those came in his first two seasons with the Chargers.
To make room for Osgood on the roster, the team waived wide receiver Joe Hastings. Hastings had only appeared in one game for the 49ers, which was in 2011. He did not record a catch.
Latest posts by Al Sacco (see all)
- The Jim Harbaugh contract dilemma - August 1, 2014
- 49ers training camp: What’s the outlook at running back? - July 29, 2014
- Joe Torre reflects on decision to manage the Dodgers - July 26, 2014