- Angels midseason grades: Turmoil overshadows reasonable start
- Greg Monroe to visit with Lakers, Blazers during free agency
- Matt Kemp hitting leadoff as Padres shake things up vs. Giants
- Padres promote Pat Murphy for remainder of the season
- Clippers acquire Lance Stephenson for Matt Barnes, Spencer Hawes
- Bud Black fired by Padres after nine seasons
- 3 takeaways from Seattle Seahawks OTAs
- Stephen Curry goes cold as Warriors fall to Cavs in OT, 95-93
- San Diego State, USD agree to basketball game at Petco Park, add four years to contract
- LeBron James’ 44 not enough as Warriors top Cavs in OT, 108-100
49ers sign special-teams Pro Bowler Kassim Osgood
- Updated: June 6, 2013
The San Francisco 49ers continue to make their special teams a priority with the signing of former Pro Bowler Kassim Osgood. Osgood’s deal is for one year and he will be added to the team’s 90-man roster.
The 49ers will be Osgood’s fourth team during his time in the NFL. He spent his first seven years in the league with the San Diego Chargers and made the Pro Bowl for special teams play in 2006, 2007, and 2009. He went on to play for the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2010 and 2011 before spending last season with the Detroit Lions.
The signing of Osgood is purely special teams driven. Osgood only has 44 career receptions in 151 games. 28 of those came in his first two seasons with the Chargers.
To make room for Osgood on the roster, the team waived wide receiver Joe Hastings. Hastings had only appeared in one game for the 49ers, which was in 2011. He did not record a catch.
Latest posts by Al Sacco (see all)
- Draymond Green announces he’s staying with Warriors - July 2, 2015
- Paul Pierce has agreement with Clippers, per report - July 2, 2015
- Raiders’ Amari Cooper endorses ex-teammate, 49ers’ DeAndrew White - July 1, 2015