- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
- MVP performance a future glimpse of Ray McCallum
- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres
Kobe Bryant Achilles’ injury: Lakers star has foot on the ground
- Updated: May 7, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers superstar Kobe Bryant is now off crutches and is able to put weight on his left foot after suffering a torn Achilles’ tendon in April.
— Kobe Bryant (@kobebryant) May 7, 2013
The injury instantly ended his season, and even has his status for the beginning of 2013-14 in question. But smart money says that Bryant defies odds as he has his entire career and makes his debut come the opening tipoff (i.e. the “pray for the bear” hash tag). He is already showing progress, and has demonstrated nothing but a positive outlook with respect to what used to be a career-threatening injury.
Modern medicine is only accentuating his progress.
Bryant is wired differently than most, and his drive will fuel him to come back and at the very least, be an effective player. The Lakers will need that production from him coming off one of the worst seasons in franchise history. Bryant’s injury came at a critical juncture at the end of the regular season as L.A. was fighting to make the playoffs. After he went down, the team rallied around one another and managed to string together wins against the San Antonio Spurs and Houston Rockets to grab the No. 7 seed.
After that, the Lakers lost in the first round of the Western Conference playoffs, 4-0 to the Spurs, and were overmatched and undermanned without Bryant and Steve Nash.
Though things look bleak in Laker-land, Bryant’s optimism gives the squad a glimmer of hope for the immediate future.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report - July 25, 2014
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres - July 19, 2014
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million - July 18, 2014