- Angels midseason grades: Turmoil overshadows reasonable start
- Greg Monroe to visit with Lakers, Blazers during free agency
- Matt Kemp hitting leadoff as Padres shake things up vs. Giants
- Padres promote Pat Murphy for remainder of the season
- Clippers acquire Lance Stephenson for Matt Barnes, Spencer Hawes
- Bud Black fired by Padres after nine seasons
- 3 takeaways from Seattle Seahawks OTAs
- Stephen Curry goes cold as Warriors fall to Cavs in OT, 95-93
- San Diego State, USD agree to basketball game at Petco Park, add four years to contract
- LeBron James’ 44 not enough as Warriors top Cavs in OT, 108-100
David Lee injury: Warriors F active for series vs. Spurs
- Updated: May 6, 2013
Golden State Warriors resident iron man and incumbent All-Star David Lee won’t let a silly thing like a torn hip flexor keep him out of action in the Western Conference Semifinals — he’ll be active for Game 1 and presumably beyond beginning on Monday as they take on the San Antonio Spurs.
Lee tore his hip flexor in Game 1 of the first round series against the Denver Nuggets. At the time, he was deemed to be out for the remainder of the postseason.According to CSN Bay Area, he is ready to give it ago come Monday.
But that all changed in Game 7 of the same series, when he made a brief, albeit inspirational cameo at Oracle Arena, which prompted the crowd to get on their feet, get energized and seemed to help the Warriors feed even more off the electricity in the building — as if that were even possible. When and if Lee does return, he nor the coaching staff expect him to be anything close to what he’s capable of.
That doesn’t matter, however, as the Warriors were clearly feeling good about their chances without him. With him, they figure to play more inspired basketball and draw from the prime example he’s setting to the other players. Stephen Curry continues to be the catalyst for this team, and as long as he’s healthy, the Warriors are in great shape.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Angels midseason grades: Turmoil overshadows reasonable start - July 1, 2015
- Greg Monroe to visit with Lakers, Blazers during free agency - June 29, 2015
- Clippers acquire Lance Stephenson for Matt Barnes, Spencer Hawes - June 15, 2015