- UCLA LB Anthony Barr earns Lott Award, eyes others
- Blazers news: Wesley Matthews says he’ll enter 3-point contest if invited
- 49ers Anquan Boldin credits Michael Crabtree for big game vs. Seahawks
- USC football news: Trojans set to face Fresno State in Las Vegas Bowl
- NFC West Week 14 roundup: Frank Gore rescues 49ers, Cardinals beat up Rams
- Kobe Bryant’s return: Lakers slow start leads to 106-94 loss vs. Raptors
- Lakers: Patience is key with Kobe Bryant
- Rudy Gay traded to Sacramento Kings in exchange for Patrick Patterson, 3 others
- Lakers: Immediate expectations for Kobe Bryant
- Kobe Bryant return: Lakers star to debut Sunday vs. Raptors
David Lee injury: Warriors F active for series vs. Spurs
- Updated: May 6, 2013
Golden State Warriors resident iron man and incumbent All-Star David Lee won’t let a silly thing like a torn hip flexor keep him out of action in the Western Conference Semifinals — he’ll be active for Game 1 and presumably beyond beginning on Monday as they take on the San Antonio Spurs.
Lee tore his hip flexor in Game 1 of the first round series against the Denver Nuggets. At the time, he was deemed to be out for the remainder of the postseason.According to CSN Bay Area, he is ready to give it ago come Monday.
But that all changed in Game 7 of the same series, when he made a brief, albeit inspirational cameo at Oracle Arena, which prompted the crowd to get on their feet, get energized and seemed to help the Warriors feed even more off the electricity in the building — as if that were even possible. When and if Lee does return, he nor the coaching staff expect him to be anything close to what he’s capable of.
That doesn’t matter, however, as the Warriors were clearly feeling good about their chances without him. With him, they figure to play more inspired basketball and draw from the prime example he’s setting to the other players. Stephen Curry continues to be the catalyst for this team, and as long as he’s healthy, the Warriors are in great shape.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- UCLA LB Anthony Barr earns Lott Award, eyes others - December 9, 2013
- Blazers news: Wesley Matthews says he’ll enter 3-point contest if invited - December 9, 2013
- USC football news: Trojans set to face Fresno State in Las Vegas Bowl - December 9, 2013