- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
David Lee injury: Warriors F active for series vs. Spurs
- Updated: May 6, 2013
Golden State Warriors resident iron man and incumbent All-Star David Lee won’t let a silly thing like a torn hip flexor keep him out of action in the Western Conference Semifinals — he’ll be active for Game 1 and presumably beyond beginning on Monday as they take on the San Antonio Spurs.
Lee tore his hip flexor in Game 1 of the first round series against the Denver Nuggets. At the time, he was deemed to be out for the remainder of the postseason.According to CSN Bay Area, he is ready to give it ago come Monday.
But that all changed in Game 7 of the same series, when he made a brief, albeit inspirational cameo at Oracle Arena, which prompted the crowd to get on their feet, get energized and seemed to help the Warriors feed even more off the electricity in the building — as if that were even possible. When and if Lee does return, he nor the coaching staff expect him to be anything close to what he’s capable of.
That doesn’t matter, however, as the Warriors were clearly feeling good about their chances without him. With him, they figure to play more inspired basketball and draw from the prime example he’s setting to the other players. Stephen Curry continues to be the catalyst for this team, and as long as he’s healthy, the Warriors are in great shape.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks - December 12, 2014
- VIDEO: Russell Wilson makes Fletcher Cox look silly on quarterback scramble - December 7, 2014
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70 - December 5, 2014