- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
- NFL Training Camp 2014: Chargers season preview
- Raiders training camp 2014: Darren McFadden unfazed by demotion
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy
- Outdoor game between Sharks and Kings leaked
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71
David Lee injury: Warriors F active for series vs. Spurs
- Updated: May 6, 2013
Golden State Warriors resident iron man and incumbent All-Star David Lee won’t let a silly thing like a torn hip flexor keep him out of action in the Western Conference Semifinals — he’ll be active for Game 1 and presumably beyond beginning on Monday as they take on the San Antonio Spurs.
Lee tore his hip flexor in Game 1 of the first round series against the Denver Nuggets. At the time, he was deemed to be out for the remainder of the postseason.According to CSN Bay Area, he is ready to give it ago come Monday.
But that all changed in Game 7 of the same series, when he made a brief, albeit inspirational cameo at Oracle Arena, which prompted the crowd to get on their feet, get energized and seemed to help the Warriors feed even more off the electricity in the building — as if that were even possible. When and if Lee does return, he nor the coaching staff expect him to be anything close to what he’s capable of.
That doesn’t matter, however, as the Warriors were clearly feeling good about their chances without him. With him, they figure to play more inspired basketball and draw from the prime example he’s setting to the other players. Stephen Curry continues to be the catalyst for this team, and as long as he’s healthy, the Warriors are in great shape.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report - August 31, 2014
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014