- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
- NFL Combine 2015: Top 5 Winners and Losers
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash
- Doc Rivers still recruiting Kendrick Perkins ‘hard,’ per report
- Brett Hundley impresses at NFL Combine with 4.63 40
- San Diego mayor on Chargers-Raiders proposal: ‘That’s not how you do business’
- Chargers, Raiders move forward with Los Angeles stadium proposal
- Seahawks GM seeks Marshawn Lynch contract resolution
- Oregon, head coach Mark Helfrich agree to 5-year, $17.5M extension
David Lee injury: Warriors F active for series vs. Spurs
- Updated: May 6, 2013
Golden State Warriors resident iron man and incumbent All-Star David Lee won’t let a silly thing like a torn hip flexor keep him out of action in the Western Conference Semifinals — he’ll be active for Game 1 and presumably beyond beginning on Monday as they take on the San Antonio Spurs.
Lee tore his hip flexor in Game 1 of the first round series against the Denver Nuggets. At the time, he was deemed to be out for the remainder of the postseason.According to CSN Bay Area, he is ready to give it ago come Monday.
But that all changed in Game 7 of the same series, when he made a brief, albeit inspirational cameo at Oracle Arena, which prompted the crowd to get on their feet, get energized and seemed to help the Warriors feed even more off the electricity in the building — as if that were even possible. When and if Lee does return, he nor the coaching staff expect him to be anything close to what he’s capable of.
That doesn’t matter, however, as the Warriors were clearly feeling good about their chances without him. With him, they figure to play more inspired basketball and draw from the prime example he’s setting to the other players. Stephen Curry continues to be the catalyst for this team, and as long as he’s healthy, the Warriors are in great shape.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ - February 23, 2015
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League - February 21, 2015
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash - February 21, 2015