- NFL mishandles Ray Rice situation
- Chargers vs. Cardinals, NFL Week 1 preview: Bolts have early road test on MNF stage
- Eric Weddle on 2014 Chargers: ‘We can beat anybody’
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
- NFL Training Camp 2014: Chargers season preview
- Raiders training camp 2014: Darren McFadden unfazed by demotion
NBA playoffs 2013, Clippers vs. Grizzlies: Zach Randolph has no sympathy for Blake Griffin
- Updated: May 3, 2013
In apropos fashion, Randolph said to reporters at practice (via ESPN Los Angeles) on Thursday that he doesn’t worry about what’s going on with his opponent, and that he has his own ailments to deal with heading into a critical Game 6 matchup on Friday at FedEx Forum.
“Banged up?” Randolph said. “I’m banged up. You forgot about my ankle? Banged up. My ankle is as big as a balloon. Talk to the trainers. I’m getting treatment every day. It’s the playoffs.”
Griffin suffered a high ankle sprain in practice when he reportedly stepped on Lamar Odom’s foot. Randolph won’t be sending a “get well” card anytime soon.
It make sense. It’s been a long season and Z-Bo likes to mix it up inside, often without regard to his own personal well-being. That means that injuries are a part of the game and he can’t worry about what’s going on with Griffin as one of the major questions heading into Friday is whether or not the high-flying All-Star will suit up and give it a go.
We know at least one player on the Grizzlies will be ready to show up, whether he does or not. With the Clips facing elimination, it’s likely time for everyone to gut it out on both sides.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report - August 31, 2014
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014