- San Diego State football news: Four-star recruit DeSean Holmes abandons program
- Pressure doesn’t break Chris Taylor-Yamanoha
- Video: Watch Marshawn Lynch sell Skittles on shopping network
- Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O’Neal show love for one another on podcast
- Fred Jackson visits with Seahawks, contract imminent, per report
- Clippers fined $250K for mishandling DeAndre Jordan free agency
- Leonard Williams avoids serious knee-injury
- Tyrell Williams – former NCAA Division II wideout – is bolting up in San Diego
- Boise State denies that Sam Ukwuachu’s 2013 dismissal was because of allegations of abuse
- Russell Wilson says he didn’t suffer a concussion in NFC Championship game
NBA playoffs 2013, Clippers vs. Grizzlies: Zach Randolph has no sympathy for Blake Griffin
- Updated: May 3, 2013
In apropos fashion, Randolph said to reporters at practice (via ESPN Los Angeles) on Thursday that he doesn’t worry about what’s going on with his opponent, and that he has his own ailments to deal with heading into a critical Game 6 matchup on Friday at FedEx Forum.
“Banged up?” Randolph said. “I’m banged up. You forgot about my ankle? Banged up. My ankle is as big as a balloon. Talk to the trainers. I’m getting treatment every day. It’s the playoffs.”
Griffin suffered a high ankle sprain in practice when he reportedly stepped on Lamar Odom’s foot. Randolph won’t be sending a “get well” card anytime soon.
It make sense. It’s been a long season and Z-Bo likes to mix it up inside, often without regard to his own personal well-being. That means that injuries are a part of the game and he can’t worry about what’s going on with Griffin as one of the major questions heading into Friday is whether or not the high-flying All-Star will suit up and give it a go.
We know at least one player on the Grizzlies will be ready to show up, whether he does or not. With the Clips facing elimination, it’s likely time for everyone to gut it out on both sides.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Dodgers call up Corey Seager in wake of Justin Turner injury - September 3, 2015
- Philip Rivers says clash with Seahawks’ Frank Clark was ‘no big deal’ - September 1, 2015
- Video: Watch Marshawn Lynch sell Skittles on shopping network - September 1, 2015