- Rudy Gay traded to Sacramento Kings in exchange for Patrick Patterson, 3 others
- Lakers: Immediate expectations for Kobe Bryant
- Kobe Bryant return: Lakers star to debut Sunday vs. Raptors
- Robinson Cano, Mariners agree to 10-year, $240M deal after Jay-Z gets in the way
- Trail Blazers: ‘Rip City’ is a legitimate Western Conference threat
- Seahawks vs. 49ers preview: Seattle can clinch NFC West with season sweep of division rival
- Kobe Bryant injury update: Lakers G ‘days’ away from returning
- Why Brent Burns is the key to success in San Jose
- Kobe Bryant injury update: Lakers G rules himself for Friday’s game
- Lakers News: Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash practice again
NBA playoffs 2013, Clippers vs. Grizzlies: Zach Randolph has no sympathy for Blake Griffin
- Updated: May 3, 2013
In apropos fashion, Randolph said to reporters at practice (via ESPN Los Angeles) on Thursday that he doesn’t worry about what’s going on with his opponent, and that he has his own ailments to deal with heading into a critical Game 6 matchup on Friday at FedEx Forum.
“Banged up?” Randolph said. “I’m banged up. You forgot about my ankle? Banged up. My ankle is as big as a balloon. Talk to the trainers. I’m getting treatment every day. It’s the playoffs.”
Griffin suffered a high ankle sprain in practice when he reportedly stepped on Lamar Odom’s foot. Randolph won’t be sending a “get well” card anytime soon.
It make sense. It’s been a long season and Z-Bo likes to mix it up inside, often without regard to his own personal well-being. That means that injuries are a part of the game and he can’t worry about what’s going on with Griffin as one of the major questions heading into Friday is whether or not the high-flying All-Star will suit up and give it a go.
We know at least one player on the Grizzlies will be ready to show up, whether he does or not. With the Clips facing elimination, it’s likely time for everyone to gut it out on both sides.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Rudy Gay traded to Sacramento Kings in exchange for Patrick Patterson, 3 others - December 8, 2013
- Kobe Bryant return: Lakers star to debut Sunday vs. Raptors - December 6, 2013
- Robinson Cano, Mariners agree to 10-year, $240M deal after Jay-Z gets in the way - December 6, 2013