- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
NBA playoffs 2013, Clippers vs. Grizzlies: Zach Randolph has no sympathy for Blake Griffin
- Updated: May 3, 2013
In apropos fashion, Randolph said to reporters at practice (via ESPN Los Angeles) on Thursday that he doesn’t worry about what’s going on with his opponent, and that he has his own ailments to deal with heading into a critical Game 6 matchup on Friday at FedEx Forum.
“Banged up?” Randolph said. “I’m banged up. You forgot about my ankle? Banged up. My ankle is as big as a balloon. Talk to the trainers. I’m getting treatment every day. It’s the playoffs.”
Griffin suffered a high ankle sprain in practice when he reportedly stepped on Lamar Odom’s foot. Randolph won’t be sending a “get well” card anytime soon.
It make sense. It’s been a long season and Z-Bo likes to mix it up inside, often without regard to his own personal well-being. That means that injuries are a part of the game and he can’t worry about what’s going on with Griffin as one of the major questions heading into Friday is whether or not the high-flying All-Star will suit up and give it a go.
We know at least one player on the Grizzlies will be ready to show up, whether he does or not. With the Clips facing elimination, it’s likely time for everyone to gut it out on both sides.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report - January 20, 2015
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs - January 19, 2015
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried? - January 16, 2015