- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
- Sharks close trip with uninspired loss 4-1 loss to Sabres
- Chargers notes: Seyi Ajirotutu fined, Ryan Mathews and Manti Te’O to return after bye
- Clippers’ concerns revolve around defense and rebounding
- Do the 49ers have an identity crisis?
- Marcus Lattimore injury: 49ers running back has bigger issue
- Klay Thompson signs 4-year, $70 million extension with Warriors
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win
NBA playoffs 2013, Clippers vs. Grizzlies: Zach Randolph has no sympathy for Blake Griffin
- Updated: May 3, 2013
In apropos fashion, Randolph said to reporters at practice (via ESPN Los Angeles) on Thursday that he doesn’t worry about what’s going on with his opponent, and that he has his own ailments to deal with heading into a critical Game 6 matchup on Friday at FedEx Forum.
“Banged up?” Randolph said. “I’m banged up. You forgot about my ankle? Banged up. My ankle is as big as a balloon. Talk to the trainers. I’m getting treatment every day. It’s the playoffs.”
Griffin suffered a high ankle sprain in practice when he reportedly stepped on Lamar Odom’s foot. Randolph won’t be sending a “get well” card anytime soon.
It make sense. It’s been a long season and Z-Bo likes to mix it up inside, often without regard to his own personal well-being. That means that injuries are a part of the game and he can’t worry about what’s going on with Griffin as one of the major questions heading into Friday is whether or not the high-flying All-Star will suit up and give it a go.
We know at least one player on the Grizzlies will be ready to show up, whether he does or not. With the Clips facing elimination, it’s likely time for everyone to gut it out on both sides.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge - November 21, 2014
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor - November 21, 2014
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win - October 30, 2014