- 2014 NBA playoffs roundtable and predictions
- NHL playoffs 2014 preview: Stanley Cup roundtable and predictions
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 15: 49ers’ Aldon Smith arrested, Josh Hamilton out for two months
- NFL Draft 2014: Whose stock is rising and falling?
- Lakers lose 7th straight in home finale blowout vs. Grizzlies, 102-90
- Sacramento Kings look ahead in win vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Are stalled contract talks weighing down Pablo Sandoval?
- Los Angeles Lakers: 5 players L.A. needs to keep in 2014-15
David Lee injury: Warriors F set to play Game 6 vs. Nuggets
- Updated: May 2, 2013
Golden State Warriors forward David Lee is warming up prior to Thursday night’s Game 6 against the Denver Nuggets and is expected to play.
TNT reports that Lee is set to make an improbable return to the court after suffering a torn hip flexor that was thought to keep him out of the remainder of the postseason. That won’t be the case as he is suited up, taking part in pre-game activities and ready to take part in a critical closeout game against a tough Nuggets squad.
Lee was the Warriors’ first All-Star since 1997 in 2013, and is a double-double machine down low. He will bring instant energy off the bench if healthy as he is not expected to start. Given the physical nature of this opening-round series that included several controversial plays involving star players Stephen Curry and Andrew Bogut, it stands to reason that head coach Mark Jackson and the team training staff will keep a close eye on his health throughout the contest.
Still, any production they get from the former Florida Gator is a bonus, as the Nuggets are noticeably deep. If they get even a fraction of what he’s capable of, then the Warriors’ chances of winning the series in six games will improve dramatically.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding - April 16, 2014
- Michael Cuddyer injury: Rockies OF exits with hurt right elbow - April 14, 2014
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale - April 14, 2014