- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
- NFL Training Camp 2014: Chargers season preview
- Raiders training camp 2014: Darren McFadden unfazed by demotion
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy
- Outdoor game between Sharks and Kings leaked
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71
David Lee injury: Warriors F set to play Game 6 vs. Nuggets
- Updated: May 2, 2013
Golden State Warriors forward David Lee is warming up prior to Thursday night’s Game 6 against the Denver Nuggets and is expected to play.
TNT reports that Lee is set to make an improbable return to the court after suffering a torn hip flexor that was thought to keep him out of the remainder of the postseason. That won’t be the case as he is suited up, taking part in pre-game activities and ready to take part in a critical closeout game against a tough Nuggets squad.
Lee was the Warriors’ first All-Star since 1997 in 2013, and is a double-double machine down low. He will bring instant energy off the bench if healthy as he is not expected to start. Given the physical nature of this opening-round series that included several controversial plays involving star players Stephen Curry and Andrew Bogut, it stands to reason that head coach Mark Jackson and the team training staff will keep a close eye on his health throughout the contest.
Still, any production they get from the former Florida Gator is a bonus, as the Nuggets are noticeably deep. If they get even a fraction of what he’s capable of, then the Warriors’ chances of winning the series in six games will improve dramatically.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report - August 31, 2014
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014