- NFL quote roundup, Week 15: No team in LA for 2015 season
- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
David Lee injury: Warriors F set to play Game 6 vs. Nuggets
- Updated: May 2, 2013
Golden State Warriors forward David Lee is warming up prior to Thursday night’s Game 6 against the Denver Nuggets and is expected to play.
TNT reports that Lee is set to make an improbable return to the court after suffering a torn hip flexor that was thought to keep him out of the remainder of the postseason. That won’t be the case as he is suited up, taking part in pre-game activities and ready to take part in a critical closeout game against a tough Nuggets squad.
Lee was the Warriors’ first All-Star since 1997 in 2013, and is a double-double machine down low. He will bring instant energy off the bench if healthy as he is not expected to start. Given the physical nature of this opening-round series that included several controversial plays involving star players Stephen Curry and Andrew Bogut, it stands to reason that head coach Mark Jackson and the team training staff will keep a close eye on his health throughout the contest.
Still, any production they get from the former Florida Gator is a bonus, as the Nuggets are noticeably deep. If they get even a fraction of what he’s capable of, then the Warriors’ chances of winning the series in six games will improve dramatically.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank - December 20, 2014
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks - December 12, 2014
- VIDEO: Russell Wilson makes Fletcher Cox look silly on quarterback scramble - December 7, 2014