- Lakers news: Steve Blake to miss at least six weeks with elbow injury
- Stale Sacramento Kings fail versus Utah Jazz 122-101
- Mark Trumbo trade: Did Jerry Dipoto make the right move?
- Lakers news: Kobe Bryant’s return adds unique challenges for teammates
- Clippers news: Stephen Jackson signs with L.A.
- Sacramento Kings trade exports won’t be simple to replace
- Lakers: Kobe Bryant’s improvement encouraging
- Kobe Bryant improves, but Lakers fall 114-108 to Suns
- Chargers vs. Broncos preview: Philip Rivers needs big day for Bolts upset
- Los Angeles Angels news: Halos acquire Tyler Skaggs and Hector Santiago in three-team deal
David Lee injury: Warriors F set to play Game 6 vs. Nuggets
- Updated: May 2, 2013
Golden State Warriors forward David Lee is warming up prior to Thursday night’s Game 6 against the Denver Nuggets and is expected to play.
TNT reports that Lee is set to make an improbable return to the court after suffering a torn hip flexor that was thought to keep him out of the remainder of the postseason. That won’t be the case as he is suited up, taking part in pre-game activities and ready to take part in a critical closeout game against a tough Nuggets squad.
Lee was the Warriors’ first All-Star since 1997 in 2013, and is a double-double machine down low. He will bring instant energy off the bench if healthy as he is not expected to start. Given the physical nature of this opening-round series that included several controversial plays involving star players Stephen Curry and Andrew Bogut, it stands to reason that head coach Mark Jackson and the team training staff will keep a close eye on his health throughout the contest.
Still, any production they get from the former Florida Gator is a bonus, as the Nuggets are noticeably deep. If they get even a fraction of what he’s capable of, then the Warriors’ chances of winning the series in six games will improve dramatically.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Lakers news: Kobe Bryant’s return adds unique challenges for teammates - December 11, 2013
- Clippers news: Stephen Jackson signs with L.A. - December 11, 2013
- UCLA LB Anthony Barr earns Lott Award, eyes others - December 9, 2013