- UPDATE: Odell Beckham Jr. wins Madden Cover
- NFL defense contracts tell sad tale of greed
- Clippers dominate 3rd quarter, beat Rockets, 128-95
- Lakers should hold off on max offer sheet to Jimmy Butler
- NFL Draft 2015: Rumors swirl as Day 1 nears
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’
- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
Mark Ellis injury: Dodgers 2B may head to DL with quad injury
- Updated: April 28, 2013
Los Angeles Dodgers infielder Mark Ellis injured his right quad while trying to beat out a ground ball to third base on Friday night. Ellis has started off hot and is currently hitting .342 on the young season and had been one of the hottest hitters in the majors. The 35-year-old will have an MRI on Saturday and the hope is that this current injury won’t keep the veteran second baseman out for too long.
The injury bug seems to have taken up permanent residence in Southern California, and the Dodgers have surely felt the effects lately, most notably with substantial injuries to Zack Greinke, who resumed throwing earlier this week, and Chad Billingsley going down for the season due to Tommy John surgery.
Don Mattingly spoke with Mark Saxon of ESPN about the news: “I want to be optimistic, but usually you see a guy come out and pull up like that, it’s usually something that’s not going to be a day or two,” Mattingly said.
Latest posts by Michael Porter (see all)
- Kobe Bryant says he’s ‘fat’, needs 3 weeks of conditioning - October 10, 2013
- Charles Woodson aging like fine wine with huge defensive plays - October 8, 2013
- NL West champion Dodgers eye World Series after historic turnaround - September 23, 2013