- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres
- NBA Summer League 2014: Julius Randle, Jordan Clarkson lead Lakers past Nuggets, 83-77
- Joe Torre on Hall of Fame: ‘Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity’
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million
- Steve Kerr impresses at NBA Summer League, despite record
- British Open 2014: Tiger Woods fires 69, sits 3 shots back after Round 1
- The Sacramento Kings’ veteran crisis
- NBA Summer League tournament beginning to take shape
- 5 NBA Summer League players who could earn rotation spots
Mark Ellis injury: Dodgers 2B may head to DL with quad injury
- Updated: April 28, 2013
Los Angeles Dodgers infielder Mark Ellis injured his right quad while trying to beat out a ground ball to third base on Friday night. Ellis has started off hot and is currently hitting .342 on the young season and had been one of the hottest hitters in the majors. The 35-year-old will have an MRI on Saturday and the hope is that this current injury won’t keep the veteran second baseman out for too long.
The injury bug seems to have taken up permanent residence in Southern California, and the Dodgers have surely felt the effects lately, most notably with substantial injuries to Zack Greinke, who resumed throwing earlier this week, and Chad Billingsley going down for the season due to Tommy John surgery.
Don Mattingly spoke with Mark Saxon of ESPN about the news: “I want to be optimistic, but usually you see a guy come out and pull up like that, it’s usually something that’s not going to be a day or two,” Mattingly said.
Latest posts by Michael Porter (see all)
- Kobe Bryant says he’s ‘fat’, needs 3 weeks of conditioning - October 10, 2013
- Charles Woodson aging like fine wine with huge defensive plays - October 8, 2013
- NL West champion Dodgers eye World Series after historic turnaround - September 23, 2013