- Pac-12 video preview: California Golden Bears at Washington Huskies
- Lakers sign center Robert Upshaw
- Raiders’ Charles Woodson, Derek Carr day-to-day with injuries
- Philip Rivers, Carlos Hyde earn NFL players of the week honors
- Golden State Warriors pursuing Steve Nash, per report
- Video preview: Utah State Aggies at Washington Huskies
- Seattle Seahawks top Las Vegas sportsbook as Super Bowl favorites
- Lions vs. Chargers: Philip Rivers, Melvin Gordon dealing with nerves, excitement
- Richard Sherman: Tom Brady, Patriots didn’t cheat
- Pac-12 preview: Oregon Ducks at Michigan State Spartans
Mark Ellis injury: Dodgers 2B may head to DL with quad injury
- Updated: April 28, 2013
Los Angeles Dodgers infielder Mark Ellis injured his right quad while trying to beat out a ground ball to third base on Friday night. Ellis has started off hot and is currently hitting .342 on the young season and had been one of the hottest hitters in the majors. The 35-year-old will have an MRI on Saturday and the hope is that this current injury won’t keep the veteran second baseman out for too long.
The injury bug seems to have taken up permanent residence in Southern California, and the Dodgers have surely felt the effects lately, most notably with substantial injuries to Zack Greinke, who resumed throwing earlier this week, and Chad Billingsley going down for the season due to Tommy John surgery.
Don Mattingly spoke with Mark Saxon of ESPN about the news: “I want to be optimistic, but usually you see a guy come out and pull up like that, it’s usually something that’s not going to be a day or two,” Mattingly said.
Latest posts by Michael Porter (see all)
- Kobe Bryant says he’s ‘fat’, needs 3 weeks of conditioning - October 10, 2013
- Charles Woodson aging like fine wine with huge defensive plays - October 8, 2013
- NL West champion Dodgers eye World Series after historic turnaround - September 23, 2013