- Video: Watch Marshawn Lynch sell Skittles on shopping network
- Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O’Neal show love for one another on podcast
- Fred Jackson visits with Seahawks, contract imminent, per report
- Clippers fined $250K for mishandling DeAndre Jordan free agency
- Leonard Williams avoids serious knee-injury
- Tyrell Williams – former NCAA Division II wideout – is bolting up in San Diego
- Boise State denies that Sam Ukwuachu’s 2013 dismissal was because of allegations of abuse
- Russell Wilson says he didn’t suffer a concussion in NFC Championship game
- Josh Rosen beats out Jerry Neuheisel as UCLA starting quarterback
- Jered Weaver says dugout outburst not aimed at Mike Trout
Mark Ellis injury: Dodgers 2B may head to DL with quad injury
- Updated: April 28, 2013
Los Angeles Dodgers infielder Mark Ellis injured his right quad while trying to beat out a ground ball to third base on Friday night. Ellis has started off hot and is currently hitting .342 on the young season and had been one of the hottest hitters in the majors. The 35-year-old will have an MRI on Saturday and the hope is that this current injury won’t keep the veteran second baseman out for too long.
The injury bug seems to have taken up permanent residence in Southern California, and the Dodgers have surely felt the effects lately, most notably with substantial injuries to Zack Greinke, who resumed throwing earlier this week, and Chad Billingsley going down for the season due to Tommy John surgery.
Don Mattingly spoke with Mark Saxon of ESPN about the news: “I want to be optimistic, but usually you see a guy come out and pull up like that, it’s usually something that’s not going to be a day or two,” Mattingly said.
Latest posts by Michael Porter (see all)
- Kobe Bryant says he’s ‘fat’, needs 3 weeks of conditioning - October 10, 2013
- Charles Woodson aging like fine wine with huge defensive plays - October 8, 2013
- NL West champion Dodgers eye World Series after historic turnaround - September 23, 2013