- UPDATE: Odell Beckham Jr. wins Madden Cover
- NFL defense contracts tell sad tale of greed
- Clippers dominate 3rd quarter, beat Rockets, 128-95
- Lakers should hold off on max offer sheet to Jimmy Butler
- NFL Draft 2015: Rumors swirl as Day 1 nears
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’
- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
Lakers news: Mike D’Antoni feels like crying after injuries to Steve Nash, Steve Blake
- Updated: April 26, 2013
The Los Angeles Lakers will be without Steve Nash, Kobe Bryant and Steve Blake as they prepare to host their first playoff game of the NBA Playoffs against the San Antonio Spurs, and head coach Mike D’Antoni is feeling emotional about the team’s injury woes.
According to Spurs beat writer Jeff McDonald, D’Antoni is losing sleep over the fact that the Lakers can’t seem to buy a break as they continue to see their team turn into the summer league version of the purple-and-gold. Things are getting incrementally worse in Laker-land, and it’s no wonder that he’s feeling this way. There are just no good developments coming from a team that fought tooth-and-nail to get into the postseason.
Andrew Goudelock and Darius Morris will be the starting backcourt and have to contend with Tony Parker, Danny Green and Manu Ginobili while trying to stretch the floor and allow bigs Dwight Howard and Pau Gasol room to work. That’s a tall order for a player that was signed on April 14 and another who has seen action in just 48 games while averaging 14.2 minutes per contest.
Game 3, now a clear lopsided affair if it wasn’t already will tip off at 7:30 p.m. PT at Staples Center. The silver lining for the Lakers’ faithful is the fact that once the season ends, there will be an entire drama-filled offseason to follow.
Not that that’s any real consolation for a fan base that wants titles every year.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’ - April 27, 2015
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015