- Phil Jackson rumors: Ex-Lakers coach gets offers from Knicks
- Portland Trail Blazers’ GM eyes ‘elite’ status as goal
- Watch out for the Houston Rockets
- Brandon Browner reinstated by the NFL
- Corey Brewer reflects on his annihilation of Derek Fisher
- 2014 NFL Draft: 5 Pac-12 standouts who could make an immediate impact
- NFL Draft 2014: Jadeveon Clowney should be No. 1 pick, says Marcus Lattimore
- Seahawks choose not to use franchise tag on Steven Hauschka
- Donald Butler signs contract extension with Chargers
- Pablo Sandoval credits teammates with weight loss, increased fitness
Lakers news: Mike D’Antoni feels like crying after injuries to Steve Nash, Steve Blake
- Updated: April 26, 2013
The Los Angeles Lakers will be without Steve Nash, Kobe Bryant and Steve Blake as they prepare to host their first playoff game of the NBA Playoffs against the San Antonio Spurs, and head coach Mike D’Antoni is feeling emotional about the team’s injury woes.
According to Spurs beat writer Jeff McDonald, D’Antoni is losing sleep over the fact that the Lakers can’t seem to buy a break as they continue to see their team turn into the summer league version of the purple-and-gold. Things are getting incrementally worse in Laker-land, and it’s no wonder that he’s feeling this way. There are just no good developments coming from a team that fought tooth-and-nail to get into the postseason.
Andrew Goudelock and Darius Morris will be the starting backcourt and have to contend with Tony Parker, Danny Green and Manu Ginobili while trying to stretch the floor and allow bigs Dwight Howard and Pau Gasol room to work. That’s a tall order for a player that was signed on April 14 and another who has seen action in just 48 games while averaging 14.2 minutes per contest.
Game 3, now a clear lopsided affair if it wasn’t already will tip off at 7:30 p.m. PT at Staples Center. The silver lining for the Lakers’ faithful is the fact that once the season ends, there will be an entire drama-filled offseason to follow.
Not that that’s any real consolation for a fan base that wants titles every year.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- VIDEO: Blake Griffin feeds DeAndre Jordan vs. Hawks - March 8, 2014
- VIDEO: Ty Lawson breaks Jodie Meeks’ ankles, adds insult to Lakers’ woes - March 7, 2014
- Phil Jackson rumors: Ex-Lakers coach gets offers from Knicks - March 7, 2014