- 2014 NBA playoffs roundtable and predictions
- NHL playoffs 2014 preview: Stanley Cup roundtable and predictions
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 15: 49ers’ Aldon Smith arrested, Josh Hamilton out for two months
- NFL Draft 2014: Whose stock is rising and falling?
- Lakers lose 7th straight in home finale blowout vs. Grizzlies, 102-90
- Sacramento Kings look ahead in win vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Are stalled contract talks weighing down Pablo Sandoval?
- Los Angeles Lakers: 5 players L.A. needs to keep in 2014-15
Jordan Hill injury: Lakers F set to return in Game 2 vs. Spurs
- Updated: April 24, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers forward Jordan Hill will be available for the NBA Playoffs Game 2 against the San Antonio Spurs just three months after undergoing what was believed to be season-ending surgery, according to Yahoo! Sports NBA insider Adrian Wojnarowski.
According to the report, Hill is active and at head coach Mike D’Antoni’s disposal should the Lakers choose to use him for Wednesday night’s contest. The big man was a critical role player and one of the catalysts off the bench before suffering a torn labrum in his right hip on Jan. 6 against the Denver Nuggets. The Lakers could use his help as they have been decimated by injuries late in the season as Steve Nash has battled through hamstring and back ailments while Kobe Bryant suffered a season-ending ruptured Achilles and will miss the entire postseason.
L.A. won a critical regular season game against the Spurs on April 14 without the services of Bryant, but the addition of a healthy Hill, who picked up the slack for a hobbled Dwight Howard early in the season could pay big dividends in a winnable first-round series.
In 29 games this season, Hill averaged 6.7 points and 5.7 rebounds per contest while averaging 15.8 minutes.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding - April 16, 2014
- Michael Cuddyer injury: Rockies OF exits with hurt right elbow - April 14, 2014
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale - April 14, 2014