- Greg Monroe to visit with Lakers, Blazers during free agency
- Matt Kemp hitting leadoff as Padres shake things up vs. Giants
- Padres promote Pat Murphy for remainder of the season
- Clippers acquire Lance Stephenson for Matt Barnes, Spencer Hawes
- Bud Black fired by Padres after nine seasons
- 3 takeaways from Seattle Seahawks OTAs
- Stephen Curry goes cold as Warriors fall to Cavs in OT, 95-93
- San Diego State, USD agree to basketball game at Petco Park, add four years to contract
- LeBron James’ 44 not enough as Warriors top Cavs in OT, 108-100
- Padres top Mets, 7-2, as Yonder Alonso returns in style
Jordan Hill injury: Lakers F set to return in Game 2 vs. Spurs
- Updated: April 24, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers forward Jordan Hill will be available for the NBA Playoffs Game 2 against the San Antonio Spurs just three months after undergoing what was believed to be season-ending surgery, according to Yahoo! Sports NBA insider Adrian Wojnarowski.
According to the report, Hill is active and at head coach Mike D’Antoni’s disposal should the Lakers choose to use him for Wednesday night’s contest. The big man was a critical role player and one of the catalysts off the bench before suffering a torn labrum in his right hip on Jan. 6 against the Denver Nuggets. The Lakers could use his help as they have been decimated by injuries late in the season as Steve Nash has battled through hamstring and back ailments while Kobe Bryant suffered a season-ending ruptured Achilles and will miss the entire postseason.
L.A. won a critical regular season game against the Spurs on April 14 without the services of Bryant, but the addition of a healthy Hill, who picked up the slack for a hobbled Dwight Howard early in the season could pay big dividends in a winnable first-round series.
In 29 games this season, Hill averaged 6.7 points and 5.7 rebounds per contest while averaging 15.8 minutes.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Greg Monroe to visit with Lakers, Blazers during free agency - June 29, 2015
- Clippers acquire Lance Stephenson for Matt Barnes, Spencer Hawes - June 15, 2015
- Bud Black fired by Padres after nine seasons - June 15, 2015