- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
- NFL Training Camp 2014: Chargers season preview
- Raiders training camp 2014: Darren McFadden unfazed by demotion
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy
- Outdoor game between Sharks and Kings leaked
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71
- UCLA to replace waterlogged court at Pauley Pavilion
Jordan Hill injury: Lakers F set to return in Game 2 vs. Spurs
- Updated: April 24, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers forward Jordan Hill will be available for the NBA Playoffs Game 2 against the San Antonio Spurs just three months after undergoing what was believed to be season-ending surgery, according to Yahoo! Sports NBA insider Adrian Wojnarowski.
According to the report, Hill is active and at head coach Mike D’Antoni’s disposal should the Lakers choose to use him for Wednesday night’s contest. The big man was a critical role player and one of the catalysts off the bench before suffering a torn labrum in his right hip on Jan. 6 against the Denver Nuggets. The Lakers could use his help as they have been decimated by injuries late in the season as Steve Nash has battled through hamstring and back ailments while Kobe Bryant suffered a season-ending ruptured Achilles and will miss the entire postseason.
L.A. won a critical regular season game against the Spurs on April 14 without the services of Bryant, but the addition of a healthy Hill, who picked up the slack for a hobbled Dwight Howard early in the season could pay big dividends in a winnable first-round series.
In 29 games this season, Hill averaged 6.7 points and 5.7 rebounds per contest while averaging 15.8 minutes.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014
- UCLA to replace waterlogged court at Pauley Pavilion - August 2, 2014