- Patrick Peterson ‘having fun’ with Richard Sherman feud
- Raiders training camp 2014: line of scrimmage a focus
- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
Chris Paul game-winner: Clippers PG puts stamp on big 2nd half (Video)
- Updated: April 24, 2013
Chris Paul is playing a man’s game.
The Clippers’ dynamic point guard went into hero mode on Monday night in Game 2 of the opening round of the NBA’s Western Conference playoffs against the Memphis Grizzlies and showed up in as big a way possible, hitting the game-winner and vaulting the Clips to a commanding 2-0 series lead. Paul finished with 24 points on 9-of-17 shooting, adding nine assists and four rebounds and a steal.
Mike Conley, managed to go stride-for-stride with Paul and give the Clippers fits all night long. He led all scorers with 28 points on 9-of-18 shooting and had nine assists to go along with two steals. But in the end, it was Paul and his intangible leadership ability that allowed him to take over the game with the world watching. He overcame outstanding defense to hit an improbable shot and will his team to win.
That’s what leaders do.
He was just 1-of-5 in the first half before turning his game around and shooting 8-of-12 in the final two frames to total 19 points over that stretch. All Memphis could do was watch as they saw their playoff lives go on life support after the late-game heroics. In the end, however, the Clippers have only done what they’re supposed to do and win two games at home. This Grizzlies squad will come back for two games on their home floor ready to give L.A. fits on both ends.
This series somehow just got more interesting. For your viewing pleasure, here’s a look at the game-winner:
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Patrick Peterson ‘having fun’ with Richard Sherman feud - July 31, 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report - July 25, 2014
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres - July 19, 2014