- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
Chris Paul game-winner: Clippers PG puts stamp on big 2nd half (Video)
- Updated: April 24, 2013
Chris Paul is playing a man’s game.
The Clippers’ dynamic point guard went into hero mode on Monday night in Game 2 of the opening round of the NBA’s Western Conference playoffs against the Memphis Grizzlies and showed up in as big a way possible, hitting the game-winner and vaulting the Clips to a commanding 2-0 series lead. Paul finished with 24 points on 9-of-17 shooting, adding nine assists and four rebounds and a steal.
Mike Conley, managed to go stride-for-stride with Paul and give the Clippers fits all night long. He led all scorers with 28 points on 9-of-18 shooting and had nine assists to go along with two steals. But in the end, it was Paul and his intangible leadership ability that allowed him to take over the game with the world watching. He overcame outstanding defense to hit an improbable shot and will his team to win.
That’s what leaders do.
He was just 1-of-5 in the first half before turning his game around and shooting 8-of-12 in the final two frames to total 19 points over that stretch. All Memphis could do was watch as they saw their playoff lives go on life support after the late-game heroics. In the end, however, the Clippers have only done what they’re supposed to do and win two games at home. This Grizzlies squad will come back for two games on their home floor ready to give L.A. fits on both ends.
This series somehow just got more interesting. For your viewing pleasure, here’s a look at the game-winner:
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks - December 12, 2014
- VIDEO: Russell Wilson makes Fletcher Cox look silly on quarterback scramble - December 7, 2014
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70 - December 5, 2014