- Jets vs. Chargers: Bolts’ run defense has tough test Sunday
- Chargers notes: Do the Bolts have the best receiving corps in football?
- Dennis Allen’s greatest Raiders moments
- Los Angeles Clippers Media Day 2014: ‘This is our time’
- Jaguars vs. Chargers, Week 4: Bolts win third straight, 33-14
- 4 things learned about the NFC West
- Pac-12 Las Vegas Outlook: Week 4
- Ben McLemore relaxed after lost rookie year
- Giants playoff tickets 209 percent above season average
- Angels playoff tickets up 257 percent from season average
Chris Paul game-winner: Clippers PG puts stamp on big 2nd half (Video)
- Updated: April 24, 2013
Chris Paul is playing a man’s game.
The Clippers’ dynamic point guard went into hero mode on Monday night in Game 2 of the opening round of the NBA’s Western Conference playoffs against the Memphis Grizzlies and showed up in as big a way possible, hitting the game-winner and vaulting the Clips to a commanding 2-0 series lead. Paul finished with 24 points on 9-of-17 shooting, adding nine assists and four rebounds and a steal.
Mike Conley, managed to go stride-for-stride with Paul and give the Clippers fits all night long. He led all scorers with 28 points on 9-of-18 shooting and had nine assists to go along with two steals. But in the end, it was Paul and his intangible leadership ability that allowed him to take over the game with the world watching. He overcame outstanding defense to hit an improbable shot and will his team to win.
That’s what leaders do.
He was just 1-of-5 in the first half before turning his game around and shooting 8-of-12 in the final two frames to total 19 points over that stretch. All Memphis could do was watch as they saw their playoff lives go on life support after the late-game heroics. In the end, however, the Clippers have only done what they’re supposed to do and win two games at home. This Grizzlies squad will come back for two games on their home floor ready to give L.A. fits on both ends.
This series somehow just got more interesting. For your viewing pleasure, here’s a look at the game-winner:
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Padres fall to Rockies, 3-2 despite testing Jorge De La Rosa - September 23, 2014
- Bud Black on Padres long-term success: ‘It’s more personal’ - September 23, 2014
- 49ers, Cardinals fans brawl in Glendale: How San Francisco lost twice - September 23, 2014