- NHL playoffs 2014 preview: Stanley Cup roundtable and predictions
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 15: 49ers’ Aldon Smith arrested, Josh Hamilton out for two months
- NFL Draft 2014: Whose stock is rising and falling?
- Lakers lose 7th straight in home finale blowout vs. Grizzlies, 102-90
- Sacramento Kings look ahead in win vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Are stalled contract talks weighing down Pablo Sandoval?
- Los Angeles Lakers: 5 players L.A. needs to keep in 2014-15
- NHL Playoffs 2014: 3 dark horse Western Conference squads with a shot at the Stanley Cup
Warriors’ David Lee done for postseason with hip flexor tear
- Updated: April 21, 2013
Lee had an MRI taken on Sunday and the worst news, a Grade 3 tear, disappointed the All-Star forward.
“It’s a disappointing day for me, but I’ve been a leader on this team all season and I’m going to continue to be one,” Lee said while addressing the media on Sunday.
During the Warriors’ Game 1 97-95 loss to the Nuggets, Lee was fouled by JaVale McGee early in the fourth quarter. Demonstrating major pain and writhing on the floor, he was able to get up with some assistance and shoot his free throws. While trying to back pedal to the other side of the court for defense, he continued to show pain and could barely limp towards the bench when removed from the game.
Prior to leaving the game, he was 4-for-14 from the field with 10 points and 14 rebounds. Despite the absence of Nuggets power forward Kenneth Faried, who is expected to return for Game 2, Lee could not find a groove on offense and will be a major void for Golden State, who were a missed Andre Miller layup shy of sending Game 1 into overtime.
Despite the unfortunate circumstances, Lee remains a consummate professional and believes in his teammates:
Really tough day for me as a competitor & as a teammate, thanks for all the prayers & support! We still got this series,lets go Dubs! #GSW
— David Lee (@Dlee042) April 21, 2013
Follow and interact with Austin Chang on Twitter @_austinchang.
Latest posts by Austin Chang (see all)
- NFC West Week 4 roundup: 49ers dominate Rams, Seahawks win in overtime - September 30, 2013
- NFC West Week 3 roundup: Seahawks only bright spot in poor showing by division - September 23, 2013
- What will Trent Richardson do in Colts debut against 49ers? - September 22, 2013