- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
NFL draft 2013: Keenan Allen red-flagged for drug test
- Updated: April 17, 2013
His agent, J.T. Johnson, denied any malicious actions from his client and said the highly-touted prospect has not failed a drug test. He went on to elaborate, saying that the retesting was due to ankle and knee injuries and not an illegal or banned substance.
In any case, the NFL’s red flag is one for any potential suitor. According to the report, several teams have Allen as the No. 1 wide receiver prospect heading into the NFL draft set to begin on April 25.
Allen is the leading all-time receiver at Cal, with 205 receptions in three seasons, which included three missed games in 2012.
He did not go through the NFL scouting combine due to the aforementioned ailments and could be further hurting his draft stock as a result of the latest development. Coupled with the latest news related to possible drug issues, it could cause teams to shy away from taking him early.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report - January 20, 2015
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs - January 19, 2015
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried? - January 16, 2015