- Sharks’ playoff hopes to hinge on 3 key players
- Kings beat Flames without suspended Jordan Nolan, 3-2
- NFL free agency 2014: Chargers to sign Donald Brown, per report
- NFL free agency 2014: Golden Tate to visit Detroit Lions
- NCAA Tournament 2014: San Diego State head coach Steve Fisher eyeing top-4 seed
- Matt Kemp injury: Dodgers OF feeling strong after minor league game
- Phil Jackson rumors: Ex-Lakers coach gets offers from Knicks
- Portland Trail Blazers’ GM eyes ‘elite’ status as goal
- Watch out for the Houston Rockets
- Brandon Browner reinstated by the NFL
NFL draft 2013: Keenan Allen red-flagged for drug test
- Updated: April 17, 2013
His agent, J.T. Johnson, denied any malicious actions from his client and said the highly-touted prospect has not failed a drug test. He went on to elaborate, saying that the retesting was due to ankle and knee injuries and not an illegal or banned substance.
In any case, the NFL’s red flag is one for any potential suitor. According to the report, several teams have Allen as the No. 1 wide receiver prospect heading into the NFL draft set to begin on April 25.
Allen is the leading all-time receiver at Cal, with 205 receptions in three seasons, which included three missed games in 2012.
He did not go through the NFL scouting combine due to the aforementioned ailments and could be further hurting his draft stock as a result of the latest development. Coupled with the latest news related to possible drug issues, it could cause teams to shy away from taking him early.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- NFL free agency 2014: Chargers to sign Donald Brown, per report - March 11, 2014
- NFL free agency 2014: Golden Tate to visit Detroit Lions - March 11, 2014
- NCAA Tournament 2014: San Diego State head coach Steve Fisher eyeing top-4 seed - March 11, 2014