- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
- MVP performance a future glimpse of Ray McCallum
- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
NFL draft 2013: Keenan Allen red-flagged for drug test
- Updated: April 17, 2013
His agent, J.T. Johnson, denied any malicious actions from his client and said the highly-touted prospect has not failed a drug test. He went on to elaborate, saying that the retesting was due to ankle and knee injuries and not an illegal or banned substance.
In any case, the NFL’s red flag is one for any potential suitor. According to the report, several teams have Allen as the No. 1 wide receiver prospect heading into the NFL draft set to begin on April 25.
Allen is the leading all-time receiver at Cal, with 205 receptions in three seasons, which included three missed games in 2012.
He did not go through the NFL scouting combine due to the aforementioned ailments and could be further hurting his draft stock as a result of the latest development. Coupled with the latest news related to possible drug issues, it could cause teams to shy away from taking him early.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report - July 25, 2014
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres - July 19, 2014
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million - July 18, 2014