- UPDATE: Odell Beckham Jr. wins Madden Cover
- NFL defense contracts tell sad tale of greed
- Clippers dominate 3rd quarter, beat Rockets, 128-95
- Lakers should hold off on max offer sheet to Jimmy Butler
- NFL Draft 2015: Rumors swirl as Day 1 nears
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’
- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
NFL draft 2013: Keenan Allen red-flagged for drug test
- Updated: April 17, 2013
His agent, J.T. Johnson, denied any malicious actions from his client and said the highly-touted prospect has not failed a drug test. He went on to elaborate, saying that the retesting was due to ankle and knee injuries and not an illegal or banned substance.
In any case, the NFL’s red flag is one for any potential suitor. According to the report, several teams have Allen as the No. 1 wide receiver prospect heading into the NFL draft set to begin on April 25.
Allen is the leading all-time receiver at Cal, with 205 receptions in three seasons, which included three missed games in 2012.
He did not go through the NFL scouting combine due to the aforementioned ailments and could be further hurting his draft stock as a result of the latest development. Coupled with the latest news related to possible drug issues, it could cause teams to shy away from taking him early.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’ - April 27, 2015
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015