- Dodgers close to re-signing Brian Wilson
- Sacramento Kings show resilience in 97-95 loss to Oklahoma City Thunder
- Lakers news: Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash return to practice
- Jordan Farmar injury: Lakers G out 4 weeks with hamstring tear
- Steve Sarkisian to USC: Looking at the former UW coach’s most ironic tweets
- Vernon Davis on groin tackle: ‘The most painful thing ever’
- NFC West Week 13 Roundup: Seahawks Clinch a playoff spot, 49ers stay in contention
- Steve Sarkisian accepts USC head coaching position
- Lakers news: Pau Gasol to get MRI on right ankle
- Bengals vs. Chargers: Ex-Cal WRs Marvin Jones, Keenan Allen keeping up with each other
NFL draft 2013: Keenan Allen red-flagged for drug test
- Updated: April 17, 2013
His agent, J.T. Johnson, denied any malicious actions from his client and said the highly-touted prospect has not failed a drug test. He went on to elaborate, saying that the retesting was due to ankle and knee injuries and not an illegal or banned substance.
In any case, the NFL’s red flag is one for any potential suitor. According to the report, several teams have Allen as the No. 1 wide receiver prospect heading into the NFL draft set to begin on April 25.
Allen is the leading all-time receiver at Cal, with 205 receptions in three seasons, which included three missed games in 2012.
He did not go through the NFL scouting combine due to the aforementioned ailments and could be further hurting his draft stock as a result of the latest development. Coupled with the latest news related to possible drug issues, it could cause teams to shy away from taking him early.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Steve Sarkisian to USC: Looking at the former UW coach’s most ironic tweets - December 3, 2013
- Bengals vs. Chargers: Ex-Cal WRs Marvin Jones, Keenan Allen keeping up with each other - December 2, 2013
- Bengals vs. Chargers: Ladarius Green underutilized in Bolts’ loss - December 1, 2013