- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
- MVP performance a future glimpse of Ray McCallum
- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
NFL Draft 2013: Pac-12 impact players
- Updated: April 15, 2013
Outside of the Oregon Ducks, the Pac-12 was felt to be down some as a conference this past season. That does not mean the conference does not have its share of NFL draft day hopefuls.
Former USC Trojan quarterback Matt Barkley, was invited to the draft proceedings in New York City but he respectfully declined. Barkley had a down season at USC and he is projected to be a late first round pick according to cbssports.com.
Another big name wondering where he will fall on draft day is former Cal Bears wide receiver Keenan Allen. Allen recently ran his 40 yard dash and was clocked at Manti Te’O type times of 4.71 and 4.75. He is still recovering from a knee injury and was said to only be 75%. He was hoping to go in the first round but those times may drop him in to the second round.
Possibly the biggest riser on draft boards out of the Pac-12 is former Oregon Duck defensive end Dion Jordan. Jordan can play end in a 4-3 scheme or outside linebacker in a 3-4 scheme. He is seen as a top 10 prospect in the upcoming draft.
Utah Utes playmaker Star Lotulelei was also invited to the draft and declined. Early on in the draft process he was thought to be a top five pick. He encountered a heart problem which put his career in peril before it even got started. He was recently cleared by cardiologist to return to working out after it was determined his heart condition was not permanent.
These former Pac-12 stars hope to have the impact on their teams that other Pac-12 stars have had. Stars like former Stanford Cardinal Andrew Luck, former Oregon Duck Haloti Ngata, former Arizona State Sun Devil Terrell Suggs, or former Cal Bear Desean Jackson.
Latest posts by Keenan Actkins (see all)
- NFL Training Camp 2014: 5 second-year players who need breakout seasons - July 28, 2014
- NFL Training Camp 2014: 5 Veterans who need a strong Camp - July 23, 2014
- NBA Offseason 2014: Will the Cavaliers regret re-signing Lebron James? - July 16, 2014