- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament
- MWC Championship 2015: Winston Shepard drops 16 to rout Colorado State in semifinal
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters
- Cowboys sign Darren McFadden for 2 years, $5.85 million
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
Los Angeles Lakers sign guard Andrew Goudelock
- Updated: April 14, 2013
With Kobe Bryant out for the rest of the season with a ruptured Achilles tendon, the Lakers signed Goudelock to take his place. The 23-year-old was originally drafted by the Lakers with 46th overall pick in the 2011 NBA Draft and appeared in 40 games of his rookie season, averaging 4.4 points and 0.5 assists in 10.5 minutes. He was waived on October 27, 2012 before the start of the 2012-13 regular season.
Goudelock is known most for his scoring, particularly from three-point range. During his career at the College of Charleston, he was ranked 39th all-time on the NCAA Division I scoring list. A top player in the D-League this season, he played for Sioux Falls and Rio Grande and averaged 21.1 points, 5.2 assists, 3.9 rebounds and 1.2 steals per game.
The Lakers have especially needed depth in the backcourt with Steve Nash sidelined with a strained right hamstring. Goudelock will be available Sunday night when the Lakers face the San Antonio Spurs.
Follow and interact with Austin Chang on Twitter @_austinchang.
Latest posts by Austin Chang (see all)
- NFC West Week 4 roundup: 49ers dominate Rams, Seahawks win in overtime - September 30, 2013
- NFC West Week 3 roundup: Seahawks only bright spot in poor showing by division - September 23, 2013
- What will Trent Richardson do in Colts debut against 49ers? - September 22, 2013