- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
Los Angeles Lakers sign guard Andrew Goudelock
- Updated: April 14, 2013
With Kobe Bryant out for the rest of the season with a ruptured Achilles tendon, the Lakers signed Goudelock to take his place. The 23-year-old was originally drafted by the Lakers with 46th overall pick in the 2011 NBA Draft and appeared in 40 games of his rookie season, averaging 4.4 points and 0.5 assists in 10.5 minutes. He was waived on October 27, 2012 before the start of the 2012-13 regular season.
Goudelock is known most for his scoring, particularly from three-point range. During his career at the College of Charleston, he was ranked 39th all-time on the NCAA Division I scoring list. A top player in the D-League this season, he played for Sioux Falls and Rio Grande and averaged 21.1 points, 5.2 assists, 3.9 rebounds and 1.2 steals per game.
The Lakers have especially needed depth in the backcourt with Steve Nash sidelined with a strained right hamstring. Goudelock will be available Sunday night when the Lakers face the San Antonio Spurs.
Follow and interact with Austin Chang on Twitter @_austinchang.
Latest posts by Austin Chang (see all)
- NFC West Week 4 roundup: 49ers dominate Rams, Seahawks win in overtime - September 30, 2013
- NFC West Week 3 roundup: Seahawks only bright spot in poor showing by division - September 23, 2013
- What will Trent Richardson do in Colts debut against 49ers? - September 22, 2013