- UPDATE: Odell Beckham Jr. wins Madden Cover
- NFL defense contracts tell sad tale of greed
- Clippers dominate 3rd quarter, beat Rockets, 128-95
- Lakers should hold off on max offer sheet to Jimmy Butler
- NFL Draft 2015: Rumors swirl as Day 1 nears
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’
- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
New Raiders RB Rashad Jennings to backup Darren McFadden
- Updated: April 13, 2013
“He’s explosive. A patient runner,” Jennings said of McFadden on a conference call with Bay Area writers. “He knows the game and I’m excited to work with him.”
Jennings was a seventh-round pick of Jacksonville in 2009 and is familiar with the new Raiders offensive coordinator and former Jaguars’ quarterback coach Greg Olson.
The 28-year old running back was signed by the Raiders to backup up the injury-prone McFadden, who missed four games last season due to an ankle sprain and missed nine games in 2011 due to a foot injury. With Mike Goodson now with the New York Jets and Taiwan Jones now a cornerback, the team needed some depth at the position.
Jennings had 102 total yards (44 rushing, 58 receiving) in the Jaguars’ narrow defeat to the Raiders last season, as he took advantage of an opportunity after Maurice Jones-Drew left the game due to an injury. He finished the 2012 season with 282 rushing yards and two rushing touchdowns.
Latest posts by Eldrick Bone (see all)
- Robbie Keane critical of MLS starting times - June 9, 2014
- World Cup 2014: US still adjusting starting lineup - June 9, 2014
- Landon Donovan makes history as Galaxy cruise past Philadelphia, 3-0 - May 25, 2014