- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
- Sharks close trip with uninspired loss 4-1 loss to Sabres
- Chargers notes: Seyi Ajirotutu fined, Ryan Mathews and Manti Te’O to return after bye
- Clippers’ concerns revolve around defense and rebounding
- Do the 49ers have an identity crisis?
- Marcus Lattimore injury: 49ers running back has bigger issue
- Klay Thompson signs 4-year, $70 million extension with Warriors
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win
New Raiders RB Rashad Jennings to backup Darren McFadden
- Updated: April 13, 2013
“He’s explosive. A patient runner,” Jennings said of McFadden on a conference call with Bay Area writers. “He knows the game and I’m excited to work with him.”
Jennings was a seventh-round pick of Jacksonville in 2009 and is familiar with the new Raiders offensive coordinator and former Jaguars’ quarterback coach Greg Olson.
The 28-year old running back was signed by the Raiders to backup up the injury-prone McFadden, who missed four games last season due to an ankle sprain and missed nine games in 2011 due to a foot injury. With Mike Goodson now with the New York Jets and Taiwan Jones now a cornerback, the team needed some depth at the position.
Jennings had 102 total yards (44 rushing, 58 receiving) in the Jaguars’ narrow defeat to the Raiders last season, as he took advantage of an opportunity after Maurice Jones-Drew left the game due to an injury. He finished the 2012 season with 282 rushing yards and two rushing touchdowns.
Latest posts by Eldrick Bone (see all)
- Robbie Keane critical of MLS starting times - June 9, 2014
- World Cup 2014: US still adjusting starting lineup - June 9, 2014
- Landon Donovan makes history as Galaxy cruise past Philadelphia, 3-0 - May 25, 2014