- Jered Weaver says dugout outburst not aimed at Mike Trout
- Chargers news: Chris Watt should be getting more attention than D.J. Fluker
- Connor Halliday ready to restart professional football career
- Raiders, Taylor Mays officially agree to contract terms
- NaVorro Bowman brings needed lift to 49ers
- Kenny Stabler named Pro Football Hall of Fame senior finalist
- Sounders FC score 2 late goals against CD Olimpia in CONCACAF Champions League
- Giants lose Hunter Pence to disabled list, Chase Utley goes to Dodgers
- Who had the bigger L.A. shake up: Cordell Broadus or Ricky Town?
- Gilbert Arenas banned from Orange County fair basketball games
New Raiders RB Rashad Jennings to backup Darren McFadden
- Updated: April 13, 2013
“He’s explosive. A patient runner,” Jennings said of McFadden on a conference call with Bay Area writers. “He knows the game and I’m excited to work with him.”
Jennings was a seventh-round pick of Jacksonville in 2009 and is familiar with the new Raiders offensive coordinator and former Jaguars’ quarterback coach Greg Olson.
The 28-year old running back was signed by the Raiders to backup up the injury-prone McFadden, who missed four games last season due to an ankle sprain and missed nine games in 2011 due to a foot injury. With Mike Goodson now with the New York Jets and Taiwan Jones now a cornerback, the team needed some depth at the position.
Jennings had 102 total yards (44 rushing, 58 receiving) in the Jaguars’ narrow defeat to the Raiders last season, as he took advantage of an opportunity after Maurice Jones-Drew left the game due to an injury. He finished the 2012 season with 282 rushing yards and two rushing touchdowns.
Latest posts by Eldrick Bone (see all)
- Robbie Keane critical of MLS starting times - June 9, 2014
- World Cup 2014: US still adjusting starting lineup - June 9, 2014
- Landon Donovan makes history as Galaxy cruise past Philadelphia, 3-0 - May 25, 2014