- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres
- NBA Summer League 2014: Julius Randle, Jordan Clarkson lead Lakers past Nuggets, 83-77
- Joe Torre on Hall of Fame: ‘Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity’
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million
- Steve Kerr impresses at NBA Summer League, despite record
- British Open 2014: Tiger Woods fires 69, sits 3 shots back after Round 1
- The Sacramento Kings’ veteran crisis
- NBA Summer League tournament beginning to take shape
- 5 NBA Summer League players who could earn rotation spots
New Raiders RB Rashad Jennings to backup Darren McFadden
- Updated: April 13, 2013
“He’s explosive. A patient runner,” Jennings said of McFadden on a conference call with Bay Area writers. “He knows the game and I’m excited to work with him.”
Jennings was a seventh-round pick of Jacksonville in 2009 and is familiar with the new Raiders offensive coordinator and former Jaguars’ quarterback coach Greg Olson.
The 28-year old running back was signed by the Raiders to backup up the injury-prone McFadden, who missed four games last season due to an ankle sprain and missed nine games in 2011 due to a foot injury. With Mike Goodson now with the New York Jets and Taiwan Jones now a cornerback, the team needed some depth at the position.
Jennings had 102 total yards (44 rushing, 58 receiving) in the Jaguars’ narrow defeat to the Raiders last season, as he took advantage of an opportunity after Maurice Jones-Drew left the game due to an injury. He finished the 2012 season with 282 rushing yards and two rushing touchdowns.
Latest posts by Eldrick Bone (see all)
- Robbie Keane critical of MLS starting times - June 9, 2014
- World Cup 2014: US still adjusting starting lineup - June 9, 2014
- Landon Donovan makes history as Galaxy cruise past Philadelphia, 3-0 - May 25, 2014