- Video: Watch Marshawn Lynch sell Skittles on shopping network
- Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O’Neal show love for one another on podcast
- Fred Jackson visits with Seahawks, contract imminent, per report
- Clippers fined $250K for mishandling DeAndre Jordan free agency
- Leonard Williams avoids serious knee-injury
- Tyrell Williams – former NCAA Division II wideout – is bolting up in San Diego
- Boise State denies that Sam Ukwuachu’s 2013 dismissal was because of allegations of abuse
- Russell Wilson says he didn’t suffer a concussion in NFC Championship game
- Josh Rosen beats out Jerry Neuheisel as UCLA starting quarterback
- Jered Weaver says dugout outburst not aimed at Mike Trout
Kobe Bryant injury: Lakers star likely has torn Achilles
- Updated: April 12, 2013
The Los Angeles Lakers’ difficult season may have taken a disastrous turn just as things were looking up when word came that superstar Kobe Bryant most likely suffered a torn Achilles and will be evaluated on Saturday via an MRI.
Time Warner Cable SportsNet reported that the injury Bryant sustained late in the fourth quarter of the critical game against the Golden State Warriors at Staples Center could end his season and possibly affect his status for next season.
“I can’t walk,” he told reporters after the game when asked if he thought the injury would be something he could play through.
Now, the Lakers will have to move forward without their leader and team MVP. The injury is for all intents and purposes a nightmare for all purple and gold faithful. Despite the team playing well this season in Bryant’s absence for a small stint, any sustained loss is nothing short of devastating.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Philip Rivers says clash with Seahawks’ Frank Clark was ‘no big deal’ - September 1, 2015
- Video: Watch Marshawn Lynch sell Skittles on shopping network - September 1, 2015
- Video: Jonny Gomes pitches hilarious ninth inning vs. Yankees - September 1, 2015