- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
- NFL Training Camp 2014: Chargers season preview
- Raiders training camp 2014: Darren McFadden unfazed by demotion
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy
- Outdoor game between Sharks and Kings leaked
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71
- UCLA to replace waterlogged court at Pauley Pavilion
Kobe Bryant injury: Lakers star likely has torn Achilles
- Updated: April 12, 2013
The Los Angeles Lakers’ difficult season may have taken a disastrous turn just as things were looking up when word came that superstar Kobe Bryant most likely suffered a torn Achilles and will be evaluated on Saturday via an MRI.
Time Warner Cable SportsNet reported that the injury Bryant sustained late in the fourth quarter of the critical game against the Golden State Warriors at Staples Center could end his season and possibly affect his status for next season.
“I can’t walk,” he told reporters after the game when asked if he thought the injury would be something he could play through.
Now, the Lakers will have to move forward without their leader and team MVP. The injury is for all intents and purposes a nightmare for all purple and gold faithful. Despite the team playing well this season in Bryant’s absence for a small stint, any sustained loss is nothing short of devastating.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014
- UCLA to replace waterlogged court at Pauley Pavilion - August 2, 2014