- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
Kobe Bryant injury: Lakers star likely has torn Achilles
- Updated: April 12, 2013
The Los Angeles Lakers’ difficult season may have taken a disastrous turn just as things were looking up when word came that superstar Kobe Bryant most likely suffered a torn Achilles and will be evaluated on Saturday via an MRI.
Time Warner Cable SportsNet reported that the injury Bryant sustained late in the fourth quarter of the critical game against the Golden State Warriors at Staples Center could end his season and possibly affect his status for next season.
“I can’t walk,” he told reporters after the game when asked if he thought the injury would be something he could play through.
Now, the Lakers will have to move forward without their leader and team MVP. The injury is for all intents and purposes a nightmare for all purple and gold faithful. Despite the team playing well this season in Bryant’s absence for a small stint, any sustained loss is nothing short of devastating.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks - December 12, 2014
- VIDEO: Russell Wilson makes Fletcher Cox look silly on quarterback scramble - December 7, 2014
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70 - December 5, 2014