- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
- NFL Quotes Roundup, Week 5: Reggie Wayne acknowledges age, RGIII makes progress
Kobe Bryant injury: Lakers star likely has torn Achilles
- Updated: April 12, 2013
The Los Angeles Lakers’ difficult season may have taken a disastrous turn just as things were looking up when word came that superstar Kobe Bryant most likely suffered a torn Achilles and will be evaluated on Saturday via an MRI.
Time Warner Cable SportsNet reported that the injury Bryant sustained late in the fourth quarter of the critical game against the Golden State Warriors at Staples Center could end his season and possibly affect his status for next season.
“I can’t walk,” he told reporters after the game when asked if he thought the injury would be something he could play through.
Now, the Lakers will have to move forward without their leader and team MVP. The injury is for all intents and purposes a nightmare for all purple and gold faithful. Despite the team playing well this season in Bryant’s absence for a small stint, any sustained loss is nothing short of devastating.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report - October 17, 2014
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador - October 11, 2014
- Padres fall to Rockies, 3-2 despite testing Jorge De La Rosa - September 23, 2014