- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres
- NBA Summer League 2014: Julius Randle, Jordan Clarkson lead Lakers past Nuggets, 83-77
- Joe Torre on Hall of Fame: ‘Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity’
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million
- Steve Kerr impresses at NBA Summer League, despite record
- British Open 2014: Tiger Woods fires 69, sits 3 shots back after Round 1
- The Sacramento Kings’ veteran crisis
- NBA Summer League tournament beginning to take shape
- 5 NBA Summer League players who could earn rotation spots
Kobe Bryant injury: Lakers star likely has torn Achilles
- Updated: April 12, 2013
The Los Angeles Lakers’ difficult season may have taken a disastrous turn just as things were looking up when word came that superstar Kobe Bryant most likely suffered a torn Achilles and will be evaluated on Saturday via an MRI.
Time Warner Cable SportsNet reported that the injury Bryant sustained late in the fourth quarter of the critical game against the Golden State Warriors at Staples Center could end his season and possibly affect his status for next season.
“I can’t walk,” he told reporters after the game when asked if he thought the injury would be something he could play through.
Now, the Lakers will have to move forward without their leader and team MVP. The injury is for all intents and purposes a nightmare for all purple and gold faithful. Despite the team playing well this season in Bryant’s absence for a small stint, any sustained loss is nothing short of devastating.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres - July 19, 2014
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million - July 18, 2014
- British Open 2014: Tiger Woods fires 69, sits 3 shots back after Round 1 - July 17, 2014