- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
- NFL Training Camp 2014: Chargers season preview
- Raiders training camp 2014: Darren McFadden unfazed by demotion
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy
- Outdoor game between Sharks and Kings leaked
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71
Former Raider Rolando McClain may have new home
- Updated: April 10, 2013
Former Oakland Raiders linebacker Rolando McClain may have found a new home in Baltimore with the Super Bowl Champion Ravens. According to NFL.com, McClain and the Ravens are said to be working out the details of a contract.
The former first round pick was released last week by the Raiders. He showed flashes of talent on the field, especially during the 2011 season. However, inconsistent play and off the field trouble made him expendable in Oakland.
“It’s a move that can’t go wrong and I’m looking forward to playing in Baltimore as the Ravens run the same or very similar defense as I was a part of at the University of Alabama,” McClain said.
McClain, who is only 23 years old, will have the opportunity to rejuvenate his career. He would be joining fellow Alabama alums Terrence Cody and Courtney Upshaw on the Ravens defense. This could be seen as a low-risk, high-reward situation for the Ravens. McClain’s contract would not cost them much and they did not have to trade to get him. This fresh start could help him play up to the potential that got him selected as the No. 8 overall pick in the NFL draft.
Latest posts by Keenan Actkins (see all)
- NFL 2014: Top 5 surprise players released on Final Cut Day - September 1, 2014
- NFL 2014: Fantasy Football Sleepers Buy or Sell list - August 27, 2014
- NFL 2014: How should the Rams respond to Sam Bradford’s injury? - August 25, 2014