- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
- NFL Quotes Roundup, Week 5: Reggie Wayne acknowledges age, RGIII makes progress
Former Raider Rolando McClain may have new home
- Updated: April 10, 2013
Former Oakland Raiders linebacker Rolando McClain may have found a new home in Baltimore with the Super Bowl Champion Ravens. According to NFL.com, McClain and the Ravens are said to be working out the details of a contract.
The former first round pick was released last week by the Raiders. He showed flashes of talent on the field, especially during the 2011 season. However, inconsistent play and off the field trouble made him expendable in Oakland.
“It’s a move that can’t go wrong and I’m looking forward to playing in Baltimore as the Ravens run the same or very similar defense as I was a part of at the University of Alabama,” McClain said.
McClain, who is only 23 years old, will have the opportunity to rejuvenate his career. He would be joining fellow Alabama alums Terrence Cody and Courtney Upshaw on the Ravens defense. This could be seen as a low-risk, high-reward situation for the Ravens. McClain’s contract would not cost them much and they did not have to trade to get him. This fresh start could help him play up to the potential that got him selected as the No. 8 overall pick in the NFL draft.
Latest posts by Keenan Actkins (see all)
- NFL Week 7 recap: 5 lessons learned from around the league - October 20, 2014
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports - October 18, 2014
- NFL 2014: The burden of the champion - October 15, 2014