- Raiders’ veteran imports hungry for respect
- Chris Paul injury: Clippers’ guard slowed by hamstring in practice
- Richard Sherman, Seahawks nearing contract extension, per report
- San Francisco Giants’ offense suddenly stalled
- 2014 NBA playoffs roundtable and predictions
- NHL playoffs 2014 preview: Stanley Cup roundtable and predictions
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 15: 49ers’ Aldon Smith arrested, Josh Hamilton out for two months
- NFL Draft 2014: Whose stock is rising and falling?
Former Raider Rolando McClain may have new home
- Updated: April 10, 2013
Former Oakland Raiders linebacker Rolando McClain may have found a new home in Baltimore with the Super Bowl Champion Ravens. According to NFL.com, McClain and the Ravens are said to be working out the details of a contract.
The former first round pick was released last week by the Raiders. He showed flashes of talent on the field, especially during the 2011 season. However, inconsistent play and off the field trouble made him expendable in Oakland.
“It’s a move that can’t go wrong and I’m looking forward to playing in Baltimore as the Ravens run the same or very similar defense as I was a part of at the University of Alabama,” McClain said.
McClain, who is only 23 years old, will have the opportunity to rejuvenate his career. He would be joining fellow Alabama alums Terrence Cody and Courtney Upshaw on the Ravens defense. This could be seen as a low-risk, high-reward situation for the Ravens. McClain’s contract would not cost them much and they did not have to trade to get him. This fresh start could help him play up to the potential that got him selected as the No. 8 overall pick in the NFL draft.
Latest posts by Keenan Actkins (see all)
- NFL Draft 2014: What is the best fit for Johnny Manziel? - April 21, 2014
- NFL Schedule 2014: AFC West Marquee Match-ups - April 16, 2014
- NFL Draft 2014: Whose stock is rising and falling? - April 14, 2014