- Patrick Peterson ‘having fun’ with Richard Sherman feud
- Raiders training camp 2014: line of scrimmage a focus
- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
Former Raider Rolando McClain may have new home
- Updated: April 10, 2013
Former Oakland Raiders linebacker Rolando McClain may have found a new home in Baltimore with the Super Bowl Champion Ravens. According to NFL.com, McClain and the Ravens are said to be working out the details of a contract.
The former first round pick was released last week by the Raiders. He showed flashes of talent on the field, especially during the 2011 season. However, inconsistent play and off the field trouble made him expendable in Oakland.
“It’s a move that can’t go wrong and I’m looking forward to playing in Baltimore as the Ravens run the same or very similar defense as I was a part of at the University of Alabama,” McClain said.
McClain, who is only 23 years old, will have the opportunity to rejuvenate his career. He would be joining fellow Alabama alums Terrence Cody and Courtney Upshaw on the Ravens defense. This could be seen as a low-risk, high-reward situation for the Ravens. McClain’s contract would not cost them much and they did not have to trade to get him. This fresh start could help him play up to the potential that got him selected as the No. 8 overall pick in the NFL draft.
Latest posts by Keenan Actkins (see all)
- NFL Training Camp 2014: Top 5 Suprise teams of 2014 - July 31, 2014
- NFL Training Camp 2014: 5 second-year players who need breakout seasons - July 28, 2014
- NFL Training Camp 2014: 5 Veterans who need a strong Camp - July 23, 2014