- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
- Metta World Peace expressed interest in St. John’s head coaching job
- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
Former Raider Rolando McClain may have new home
- Updated: April 10, 2013
Former Oakland Raiders linebacker Rolando McClain may have found a new home in Baltimore with the Super Bowl Champion Ravens. According to NFL.com, McClain and the Ravens are said to be working out the details of a contract.
The former first round pick was released last week by the Raiders. He showed flashes of talent on the field, especially during the 2011 season. However, inconsistent play and off the field trouble made him expendable in Oakland.
“It’s a move that can’t go wrong and I’m looking forward to playing in Baltimore as the Ravens run the same or very similar defense as I was a part of at the University of Alabama,” McClain said.
McClain, who is only 23 years old, will have the opportunity to rejuvenate his career. He would be joining fellow Alabama alums Terrence Cody and Courtney Upshaw on the Ravens defense. This could be seen as a low-risk, high-reward situation for the Ravens. McClain’s contract would not cost them much and they did not have to trade to get him. This fresh start could help him play up to the potential that got him selected as the No. 8 overall pick in the NFL draft.
Latest posts by Keenan Actkins (see all)
- NFL draft 2015: The top 10 are sure to go wrong - April 15, 2015
- NFL Offseason 2015: Top five free agent signings sure to go wrong! - April 14, 2015
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick? - April 8, 2015