- Lakers news: Steve Blake to miss at least six weeks with elbow injury
- Stale Sacramento Kings fail versus Utah Jazz 122-101
- Mark Trumbo trade: Did Jerry Dipoto make the right move?
- Lakers news: Kobe Bryant’s return adds unique challenges for teammates
- Clippers news: Stephen Jackson signs with L.A.
- Sacramento Kings trade exports won’t be simple to replace
- Lakers: Kobe Bryant’s improvement encouraging
- Kobe Bryant improves, but Lakers fall 114-108 to Suns
- Chargers vs. Broncos preview: Philip Rivers needs big day for Bolts upset
- Los Angeles Angels news: Halos acquire Tyler Skaggs and Hector Santiago in three-team deal
Raiders sign CB Mike Jenkins to one-year deal
- Updated: April 9, 2013
The Raiders took another step in their rebuilding process by signing Jenkins, a former first-round pick of the Cowboys in the 2008 NFL Draft. A Pro Bowl selection in 2009, this one-year contract is a low-risk move for a player who saw his playing time diminish last season behind Morris Claiborne and Brandon Carr. According to Rapoport, he passed up on a potential multi-year deal in order to prove himself and possibly earn a bigger contract next offseason.
Jenkins, 28, has started 48 games and has eight interceptions in his career. Now in the Raiders secondary alongside recent signing Tracy Porter, their revamped secondary looks more formidable than it was last season. Just a couple years removed from a stellar season with Dallas, Jenkins could shine bright amongst a Raiders defense seeking star power and leadership.
Follow and interact with Austin Chang on Twitter @_austinchang.
Latest posts by Austin Chang (see all)
- NFC West Week 4 roundup: 49ers dominate Rams, Seahawks win in overtime - September 30, 2013
- NFC West Week 3 roundup: Seahawks only bright spot in poor showing by division - September 23, 2013
- What will Trent Richardson do in Colts debut against 49ers? - September 22, 2013