- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
Raiders sign CB Mike Jenkins to one-year deal
- Updated: April 9, 2013
The Raiders took another step in their rebuilding process by signing Jenkins, a former first-round pick of the Cowboys in the 2008 NFL Draft. A Pro Bowl selection in 2009, this one-year contract is a low-risk move for a player who saw his playing time diminish last season behind Morris Claiborne and Brandon Carr. According to Rapoport, he passed up on a potential multi-year deal in order to prove himself and possibly earn a bigger contract next offseason.
Jenkins, 28, has started 48 games and has eight interceptions in his career. Now in the Raiders secondary alongside recent signing Tracy Porter, their revamped secondary looks more formidable than it was last season. Just a couple years removed from a stellar season with Dallas, Jenkins could shine bright amongst a Raiders defense seeking star power and leadership.
Follow and interact with Austin Chang on Twitter @_austinchang.
Latest posts by Austin Chang (see all)
- NFC West Week 4 roundup: 49ers dominate Rams, Seahawks win in overtime - September 30, 2013
- NFC West Week 3 roundup: Seahawks only bright spot in poor showing by division - September 23, 2013
- What will Trent Richardson do in Colts debut against 49ers? - September 22, 2013