- NHL playoffs 2014 preview: Stanley Cup roundtable and predictions
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 15: 49ers’ Aldon Smith arrested, Josh Hamilton out for two months
- NFL Draft 2014: Whose stock is rising and falling?
- Lakers lose 7th straight in home finale blowout vs. Grizzlies, 102-90
- Sacramento Kings look ahead in win vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Are stalled contract talks weighing down Pablo Sandoval?
- Los Angeles Lakers: 5 players L.A. needs to keep in 2014-15
- NHL Playoffs 2014: 3 dark horse Western Conference squads with a shot at the Stanley Cup
Raiders sign CB Mike Jenkins to one-year deal
- Updated: April 9, 2013
The Raiders took another step in their rebuilding process by signing Jenkins, a former first-round pick of the Cowboys in the 2008 NFL Draft. A Pro Bowl selection in 2009, this one-year contract is a low-risk move for a player who saw his playing time diminish last season behind Morris Claiborne and Brandon Carr. According to Rapoport, he passed up on a potential multi-year deal in order to prove himself and possibly earn a bigger contract next offseason.
Jenkins, 28, has started 48 games and has eight interceptions in his career. Now in the Raiders secondary alongside recent signing Tracy Porter, their revamped secondary looks more formidable than it was last season. Just a couple years removed from a stellar season with Dallas, Jenkins could shine bright amongst a Raiders defense seeking star power and leadership.
Follow and interact with Austin Chang on Twitter @_austinchang.
Latest posts by Austin Chang (see all)
- NFC West Week 4 roundup: 49ers dominate Rams, Seahawks win in overtime - September 30, 2013
- NFC West Week 3 roundup: Seahawks only bright spot in poor showing by division - September 23, 2013
- What will Trent Richardson do in Colts debut against 49ers? - September 22, 2013