- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
- Metta World Peace expressed interest in St. John’s head coaching job
- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
Lakers news: Steve Nash doubtful against Clippers, Metta World Peace progressing quickly
- Updated: April 7, 2013
The Los Angeles Lakers have not changed their prognosis on Steve Nash—the 39-year-old point guard remains doubtful for Sunday’s game against the Los Angeles Clippers. Nash has been experiencing ongoing problems with a sore hamstring and hip.
Nash missed the last two games, Tuesday and Friday, while backup point guard Steve Blake has been starting in his place. Nash did not take part in Saturday’s shootaround session at the Lakers’ practice facility in El Segundo.
“I don’t think he’s going to go,” said Lakers head coach Mike D’Antoni. “We’re shooting for Tuesday, hopefully.”
Nonetheless, the Lakers did receive some good news regarding forward Metta World Peace. After undergoing knee surgery to have cartilage removed, the enigmatic World Peace is progressing quicker than expected and could be back before the original six-week timetable determined after the surgery. The timetable is now four to six weeks.
On Friday, World Peace tweeted that he was running for the first time since the surgery and on Saturday, he partook in shooting drills at the practice facility.
“He was shooting, he’s progressing really well,” said Coach D’Antoni. “It’s now 4-6 weeks. We’re making progress now. He’s a little different. He’s good. He’s unbelievable.”
Ben Hernandez Jr.
Latest posts by Ben Hernandez Jr. (see all)
- Blazers’ Damian Lillard has the panache to lead franchise - May 13, 2013
- Different seasons, but same endings for Lakers and Clippers - May 6, 2013
- Lakers news: Dwight Howard unable to maintain poise in Game 4 - April 29, 2013