- Oakland Athletics ace Scott Kazmir headed to Houston
- Antonio Gates suspension: A look at Chargers tight ends who must step up
- Angels midseason grades: Turmoil overshadows reasonable start
- Greg Monroe to visit with Lakers, Blazers during free agency
- Matt Kemp hitting leadoff as Padres shake things up vs. Giants
- Padres promote Pat Murphy for remainder of the season
- Clippers acquire Lance Stephenson for Matt Barnes, Spencer Hawes
- Bud Black fired by Padres after nine seasons
- 3 takeaways from Seattle Seahawks OTAs
- Stephen Curry goes cold as Warriors fall to Cavs in OT, 95-93
Lakers news: Steve Nash doubtful against Clippers, Metta World Peace progressing quickly
- Updated: April 7, 2013
The Los Angeles Lakers have not changed their prognosis on Steve Nash—the 39-year-old point guard remains doubtful for Sunday’s game against the Los Angeles Clippers. Nash has been experiencing ongoing problems with a sore hamstring and hip.
Nash missed the last two games, Tuesday and Friday, while backup point guard Steve Blake has been starting in his place. Nash did not take part in Saturday’s shootaround session at the Lakers’ practice facility in El Segundo.
“I don’t think he’s going to go,” said Lakers head coach Mike D’Antoni. “We’re shooting for Tuesday, hopefully.”
Nonetheless, the Lakers did receive some good news regarding forward Metta World Peace. After undergoing knee surgery to have cartilage removed, the enigmatic World Peace is progressing quicker than expected and could be back before the original six-week timetable determined after the surgery. The timetable is now four to six weeks.
On Friday, World Peace tweeted that he was running for the first time since the surgery and on Saturday, he partook in shooting drills at the practice facility.
“He was shooting, he’s progressing really well,” said Coach D’Antoni. “It’s now 4-6 weeks. We’re making progress now. He’s a little different. He’s good. He’s unbelievable.”
Ben Hernandez Jr.
Latest posts by Ben Hernandez Jr. (see all)
- Blazers’ Damian Lillard has the panache to lead franchise - May 13, 2013
- Different seasons, but same endings for Lakers and Clippers - May 6, 2013
- Lakers news: Dwight Howard unable to maintain poise in Game 4 - April 29, 2013