- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
- NFL Quotes Roundup, Week 5: Reggie Wayne acknowledges age, RGIII makes progress
Metta World Peace injury: Lakers F ‘encouraged’ with progress
- Updated: April 4, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers forward Metta World Peace is off crutches and appears on track to recover within the six-week timetable originally given by doctors when he underwent surgery to repair a torn lateral meniscus in his left knee last week, according to Dave McMenamin of ESPN Los Angeles.
Always the optimist, World Peace was upbeat when speaking about the rehabilitation process to reporters.
“It’s going really well,” World Peace said Wednesday. “I was on the crutches for a couple days, but it just gets better. Like, every half of day, it improves. I’m very encouraged.”
The injury to the former NBA Defensive Player of the Year is a devastating blow to the Lakers chances at postseason success, especially given the injuries already bothering stars Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol and Dwight Howard. In order for Los Angeles to get a contribution from World Peace consistent with the prognosis, they would have to make the second round of the 2013 NBA playoffs.
The Lakers are currently situated a half-game ahead of the Utah Jazz for the eighth and final playoff spot in the Western Conference. They will take on the Memphis Grizzlies on Friday to maintain that positioning and avoid missing the postseason for the first time since the 2004-05 season.
In 70 games in 2012-13, World Peace has averaged 12.8 points, 5.1 rebounds and 1.7 steals per contest.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report - October 17, 2014
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador - October 11, 2014
- Padres fall to Rockies, 3-2 despite testing Jorge De La Rosa - September 23, 2014