- NFL quote roundup, Week 15: No team in LA for 2015 season
- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
Metta World Peace injury: Lakers F ‘encouraged’ with progress
- Updated: April 4, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers forward Metta World Peace is off crutches and appears on track to recover within the six-week timetable originally given by doctors when he underwent surgery to repair a torn lateral meniscus in his left knee last week, according to Dave McMenamin of ESPN Los Angeles.
Always the optimist, World Peace was upbeat when speaking about the rehabilitation process to reporters.
“It’s going really well,” World Peace said Wednesday. “I was on the crutches for a couple days, but it just gets better. Like, every half of day, it improves. I’m very encouraged.”
The injury to the former NBA Defensive Player of the Year is a devastating blow to the Lakers chances at postseason success, especially given the injuries already bothering stars Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol and Dwight Howard. In order for Los Angeles to get a contribution from World Peace consistent with the prognosis, they would have to make the second round of the 2013 NBA playoffs.
The Lakers are currently situated a half-game ahead of the Utah Jazz for the eighth and final playoff spot in the Western Conference. They will take on the Memphis Grizzlies on Friday to maintain that positioning and avoid missing the postseason for the first time since the 2004-05 season.
In 70 games in 2012-13, World Peace has averaged 12.8 points, 5.1 rebounds and 1.7 steals per contest.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank - December 20, 2014
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks - December 12, 2014
- VIDEO: Russell Wilson makes Fletcher Cox look silly on quarterback scramble - December 7, 2014