- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
- NFL Combine 2015: Top 5 Winners and Losers
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash
- Doc Rivers still recruiting Kendrick Perkins ‘hard,’ per report
- Brett Hundley impresses at NFL Combine with 4.63 40
- San Diego mayor on Chargers-Raiders proposal: ‘That’s not how you do business’
- Chargers, Raiders move forward with Los Angeles stadium proposal
- Seahawks GM seeks Marshawn Lynch contract resolution
- Oregon, head coach Mark Helfrich agree to 5-year, $17.5M extension
Raiders acquire free agent cornerback Tracy Porter
- Updated: April 2, 2013
The Oakland Raiders and free agent cornerback Tracy Porter have agreed to terms on a one-year deal worth $2.5 million, according to a report from ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
Raiders reached agreement on a one-year deal with former Broncos CB Tracy Porter.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 2, 2013
The 26-year-old Porter most recently played for the Denver Broncos and prior to that, the New Orleans Saints. He missed a majority of last season due to complications from a seizure he experienced in the 2012 offseason. Porter made a late season return, but then suffered a concussion that made him miss the playoffs.
Porter garnered national attention in Super Bowl XLIV with a clutch interception of then-Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning’s pass, which he returned for a 74-yard touchdown. The play was instrumental in New Orleans’ eventual Super Bowl victory.
If healthy, Porter, a second-round pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, will be a welcome addition who can shore up the Raiders’ secondary. Raiders coach Dennis Allen was Porter’s secondary coach in New Orleans.
Ben Hernandez Jr.
Latest posts by Ben Hernandez Jr. (see all)
- Blazers’ Damian Lillard has the panache to lead franchise - May 13, 2013
- Different seasons, but same endings for Lakers and Clippers - May 6, 2013
- Lakers news: Dwight Howard unable to maintain poise in Game 4 - April 29, 2013