- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
- NFL Quotes Roundup, Week 5: Reggie Wayne acknowledges age, RGIII makes progress
Raiders acquire free agent cornerback Tracy Porter
- Updated: April 2, 2013
The Oakland Raiders and free agent cornerback Tracy Porter have agreed to terms on a one-year deal worth $2.5 million, according to a report from ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
Raiders reached agreement on a one-year deal with former Broncos CB Tracy Porter.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 2, 2013
The 26-year-old Porter most recently played for the Denver Broncos and prior to that, the New Orleans Saints. He missed a majority of last season due to complications from a seizure he experienced in the 2012 offseason. Porter made a late season return, but then suffered a concussion that made him miss the playoffs.
Porter garnered national attention in Super Bowl XLIV with a clutch interception of then-Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning’s pass, which he returned for a 74-yard touchdown. The play was instrumental in New Orleans’ eventual Super Bowl victory.
If healthy, Porter, a second-round pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, will be a welcome addition who can shore up the Raiders’ secondary. Raiders coach Dennis Allen was Porter’s secondary coach in New Orleans.
Ben Hernandez Jr.
Latest posts by Ben Hernandez Jr. (see all)
- Blazers’ Damian Lillard has the panache to lead franchise - May 13, 2013
- Different seasons, but same endings for Lakers and Clippers - May 6, 2013
- Lakers news: Dwight Howard unable to maintain poise in Game 4 - April 29, 2013