- Angels midseason grades: Turmoil overshadows reasonable start
- Greg Monroe to visit with Lakers, Blazers during free agency
- Matt Kemp hitting leadoff as Padres shake things up vs. Giants
- Padres promote Pat Murphy for remainder of the season
- Clippers acquire Lance Stephenson for Matt Barnes, Spencer Hawes
- Bud Black fired by Padres after nine seasons
- 3 takeaways from Seattle Seahawks OTAs
- Stephen Curry goes cold as Warriors fall to Cavs in OT, 95-93
- San Diego State, USD agree to basketball game at Petco Park, add four years to contract
- LeBron James’ 44 not enough as Warriors top Cavs in OT, 108-100
Raiders acquire free agent cornerback Tracy Porter
- Updated: April 2, 2013
The Oakland Raiders and free agent cornerback Tracy Porter have agreed to terms on a one-year deal worth $2.5 million, according to a report from ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
Raiders reached agreement on a one-year deal with former Broncos CB Tracy Porter.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 2, 2013
The 26-year-old Porter most recently played for the Denver Broncos and prior to that, the New Orleans Saints. He missed a majority of last season due to complications from a seizure he experienced in the 2012 offseason. Porter made a late season return, but then suffered a concussion that made him miss the playoffs.
Porter garnered national attention in Super Bowl XLIV with a clutch interception of then-Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning’s pass, which he returned for a 74-yard touchdown. The play was instrumental in New Orleans’ eventual Super Bowl victory.
If healthy, Porter, a second-round pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, will be a welcome addition who can shore up the Raiders’ secondary. Raiders coach Dennis Allen was Porter’s secondary coach in New Orleans.
Ben Hernandez Jr.
Latest posts by Ben Hernandez Jr. (see all)
- Blazers’ Damian Lillard has the panache to lead franchise - May 13, 2013
- Different seasons, but same endings for Lakers and Clippers - May 6, 2013
- Lakers news: Dwight Howard unable to maintain poise in Game 4 - April 29, 2013