- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’
- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
- Metta World Peace expressed interest in St. John’s head coaching job
- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
Raiders acquire free agent cornerback Tracy Porter
- Updated: April 2, 2013
The Oakland Raiders and free agent cornerback Tracy Porter have agreed to terms on a one-year deal worth $2.5 million, according to a report from ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
Raiders reached agreement on a one-year deal with former Broncos CB Tracy Porter.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 2, 2013
The 26-year-old Porter most recently played for the Denver Broncos and prior to that, the New Orleans Saints. He missed a majority of last season due to complications from a seizure he experienced in the 2012 offseason. Porter made a late season return, but then suffered a concussion that made him miss the playoffs.
Porter garnered national attention in Super Bowl XLIV with a clutch interception of then-Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning’s pass, which he returned for a 74-yard touchdown. The play was instrumental in New Orleans’ eventual Super Bowl victory.
If healthy, Porter, a second-round pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, will be a welcome addition who can shore up the Raiders’ secondary. Raiders coach Dennis Allen was Porter’s secondary coach in New Orleans.
Ben Hernandez Jr.
Latest posts by Ben Hernandez Jr. (see all)
- Blazers’ Damian Lillard has the panache to lead franchise - May 13, 2013
- Different seasons, but same endings for Lakers and Clippers - May 6, 2013
- Lakers news: Dwight Howard unable to maintain poise in Game 4 - April 29, 2013