- Lakers news: Steve Blake to miss at least six weeks with elbow injury
- Stale Sacramento Kings fail versus Utah Jazz 122-101
- Mark Trumbo trade: Did Jerry Dipoto make the right move?
- Lakers news: Kobe Bryant’s return adds unique challenges for teammates
- Clippers news: Stephen Jackson signs with L.A.
- Sacramento Kings trade exports won’t be simple to replace
- Lakers: Kobe Bryant’s improvement encouraging
- Kobe Bryant improves, but Lakers fall 114-108 to Suns
- Chargers vs. Broncos preview: Philip Rivers needs big day for Bolts upset
- Los Angeles Angels news: Halos acquire Tyler Skaggs and Hector Santiago in three-team deal
Raiders acquire free agent cornerback Tracy Porter
- Updated: April 2, 2013
The Oakland Raiders and free agent cornerback Tracy Porter have agreed to terms on a one-year deal worth $2.5 million, according to a report from ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
Raiders reached agreement on a one-year deal with former Broncos CB Tracy Porter.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 2, 2013
The 26-year-old Porter most recently played for the Denver Broncos and prior to that, the New Orleans Saints. He missed a majority of last season due to complications from a seizure he experienced in the 2012 offseason. Porter made a late season return, but then suffered a concussion that made him miss the playoffs.
Porter garnered national attention in Super Bowl XLIV with a clutch interception of then-Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning’s pass, which he returned for a 74-yard touchdown. The play was instrumental in New Orleans’ eventual Super Bowl victory.
If healthy, Porter, a second-round pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, will be a welcome addition who can shore up the Raiders’ secondary. Raiders coach Dennis Allen was Porter’s secondary coach in New Orleans.
Ben Hernandez Jr.
Latest posts by Ben Hernandez Jr. (see all)
- Blazers’ Damian Lillard has the panache to lead franchise - May 13, 2013
- Different seasons, but same endings for Lakers and Clippers - May 6, 2013
- Lakers news: Dwight Howard unable to maintain poise in Game 4 - April 29, 2013