- Chargers notes: Do the Bolts have the best receiving corps in football?
- Dennis Allen’s greatest Raiders moments
- Los Angeles Clippers Media Day 2014: ‘This is our time’
- Jaguars vs. Chargers, Week 4: Bolts win third straight, 33-14
- 4 things learned about the NFC West
- Pac-12 Las Vegas Outlook: Week 4
- Ben McLemore relaxed after lost rookie year
- Giants playoff tickets 209 percent above season average
- Angels playoff tickets up 257 percent from season average
- Marcus Mariota and the way-too-early Heisman watch
49ers acquire Colt McCoy from Browns
- Updated: April 2, 2013
On Monday, the San Francisco 49ers agreed to terms with the Cleveland Browns to acquire quarterback Colt McCoy and a sixth-round draft pick in exchange for a fifth-round and seventh-round pick, as reported by ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
Terms of deal: Browns agree to trade QB Colt McCoy and 6th-round pick to San Francisco for 5th- and 7th-round picks. Niners have new backup.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 1, 2013
The departure of Alex Smith left a void at the 49ers’ backup quarterback position, which will purportedly be filled with the arrival of McCoy. However, he could face competition for the backup role from Scott Tolzien.
McCoy, a Heisman Trophy candidate with the Texas Longhorns, spent three seasons with the Browns, but could not develop into the starting quarterback the team hoped he would become. McCoy finished his tenure at Cleveland with a 74.8 passer rating and threw for 4,388 yards, 21 touchdowns and 20 interceptions in 24 games played.
Ben Hernandez Jr.
Latest posts by Ben Hernandez Jr. (see all)
- Blazers’ Damian Lillard has the panache to lead franchise - May 13, 2013
- Different seasons, but same endings for Lakers and Clippers - May 6, 2013
- Lakers news: Dwight Howard unable to maintain poise in Game 4 - April 29, 2013