- NHL playoffs 2014 preview: Stanley Cup roundtable and predictions
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 15: 49ers’ Aldon Smith arrested, Josh Hamilton out for two months
- NFL Draft 2014: Whose stock is rising and falling?
- Lakers lose 7th straight in home finale blowout vs. Grizzlies, 102-90
- Sacramento Kings look ahead in win vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Are stalled contract talks weighing down Pablo Sandoval?
- Los Angeles Lakers: 5 players L.A. needs to keep in 2014-15
- NHL Playoffs 2014: 3 dark horse Western Conference squads with a shot at the Stanley Cup
Oakland Raiders trade Carson Palmer
- Updated: April 1, 2013
Earlier on Monday, McKenzie was able to secure quarterback Matt Flynn from the Seattle Seahawks via trade. The acquisition of Flynn made Palmer expendable.
McKenzie should be given credit for how this all took place. Instead of just releasing Palmer and receiving nothing in return, he was able to get a late round pick for him.
Palmer never panned out for the Raiders the way former coach Hue Jackson thought he would. He was 8-16 during his time as a Raider. A subpar record to say the least, but when added to the fact that the Raiders gave up a first round pick last year and a second round pick in this year’s NFL draft, it looks even worse.
Although Palmer’s win-loss record in Oakland was not impressive, his numbers were not horrible. Last season, he threw for 4,018 yards, 22 touchdowns and only 14 interceptions. It will be interesting to see how Palmer, new Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians and wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald come together.
Latest posts by Keenan Actkins (see all)
- NFL Schedule 2014: AFC West Marquee Match-ups - April 16, 2014
- NFL Draft 2014: Whose stock is rising and falling? - April 14, 2014
- NFL Draft 2014: What are the Chargers’ needs? - April 9, 2014