- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
- MVP performance a future glimpse of Ray McCallum
- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres
- NBA Summer League 2014: Julius Randle, Jordan Clarkson lead Lakers past Nuggets, 83-77
- Joe Torre on Hall of Fame: ‘Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity’
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million
Oakland Raiders trade Carson Palmer
- Updated: April 1, 2013
Earlier on Monday, McKenzie was able to secure quarterback Matt Flynn from the Seattle Seahawks via trade. The acquisition of Flynn made Palmer expendable.
McKenzie should be given credit for how this all took place. Instead of just releasing Palmer and receiving nothing in return, he was able to get a late round pick for him.
Palmer never panned out for the Raiders the way former coach Hue Jackson thought he would. He was 8-16 during his time as a Raider. A subpar record to say the least, but when added to the fact that the Raiders gave up a first round pick last year and a second round pick in this year’s NFL draft, it looks even worse.
Although Palmer’s win-loss record in Oakland was not impressive, his numbers were not horrible. Last season, he threw for 4,018 yards, 22 touchdowns and only 14 interceptions. It will be interesting to see how Palmer, new Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians and wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald come together.
Latest posts by Keenan Actkins (see all)
- NFL Training Camp 2014: 5 Veterans who need a strong Camp - July 23, 2014
- NBA Offseason 2014: Will the Cavaliers regret re-signing Lebron James? - July 16, 2014
- NBA Offseason 2014: Top Five Teams affected By Lebron James decision - July 14, 2014