- Kobe Bryant return: Lakers star to debut Sunday vs. Raptors
- Robinson Cano, Mariners agree to 10-year, $240M deal after Jay-Z gets in the way
- Trail Blazers: ‘Rip City’ is a legitimate Western Conference threat
- Seahawks vs. 49ers preview: Seattle can clinch NFC West with season sweep of division rival
- Kobe Bryant injury update: Lakers G ‘days’ away from returning
- Why Brent Burns is the key to success in San Jose
- Kobe Bryant injury update: Lakers G rules himself for Friday’s game
- Lakers News: Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash practice again
- Los Angeles Clippers’ bench needs to step up in place of J.J. Redick
- Dodgers close to re-signing Brian Wilson
Matt Flynn acquired by Raiders
- Updated: April 1, 2013
After much speculation, the Oakland Raiders and Seattle Seahawks have finally agreed to a trade that will send Seattle’s backup quarterback Matt Flynn to Oakland for draft picks in 2014 and 2015, according to a report from USA Today.
Flynn, who signed a three-year, $19.5 million deal with the Seahawks in 2012, is due $5.25 million in base salary in 2013 and will apparently sign a new deal after the trade is consummated. He was expected to become Seattle’s starting quarterback, but rookie Russell Wilson challenged him for the position and eventually became the starter.
The acquisition signifies the end of Carson Palmer’s tenure as Oakland’s signal caller. The Raiders acquired Palmer in 2011 from the Cincinnati Bengals for a 2012 first-round pick and a conditional second-round pick in 2013.
Rather than simply release Palmer and his $13 million salary, the Raiders are looking to receive compensation via trade. USA Today reported that a potential trade partner is the Arizona Cardinals and ongoing discussions between the two teams are taking place.
Photo Credit: Gabriel Cervantes | Wikimedia Commons
Ben Hernandez Jr.
Latest posts by Ben Hernandez Jr. (see all)
- Blazers’ Damian Lillard has the panache to lead franchise - May 13, 2013
- Different seasons, but same endings for Lakers and Clippers - May 6, 2013
- Lakers news: Dwight Howard unable to maintain poise in Game 4 - April 29, 2013