- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
Matt Flynn acquired by Raiders
- Updated: April 1, 2013
After much speculation, the Oakland Raiders and Seattle Seahawks have finally agreed to a trade that will send Seattle’s backup quarterback Matt Flynn to Oakland for draft picks in 2014 and 2015, according to a report from USA Today.
Flynn, who signed a three-year, $19.5 million deal with the Seahawks in 2012, is due $5.25 million in base salary in 2013 and will apparently sign a new deal after the trade is consummated. He was expected to become Seattle’s starting quarterback, but rookie Russell Wilson challenged him for the position and eventually became the starter.
The acquisition signifies the end of Carson Palmer’s tenure as Oakland’s signal caller. The Raiders acquired Palmer in 2011 from the Cincinnati Bengals for a 2012 first-round pick and a conditional second-round pick in 2013.
Rather than simply release Palmer and his $13 million salary, the Raiders are looking to receive compensation via trade. USA Today reported that a potential trade partner is the Arizona Cardinals and ongoing discussions between the two teams are taking place.
Photo Credit: Gabriel Cervantes | Wikimedia Commons
Ben Hernandez Jr.
Latest posts by Ben Hernandez Jr. (see all)
- Blazers’ Damian Lillard has the panache to lead franchise - May 13, 2013
- Different seasons, but same endings for Lakers and Clippers - May 6, 2013
- Lakers news: Dwight Howard unable to maintain poise in Game 4 - April 29, 2013