- Angels midseason grades: Turmoil overshadows reasonable start
- Greg Monroe to visit with Lakers, Blazers during free agency
- Matt Kemp hitting leadoff as Padres shake things up vs. Giants
- Padres promote Pat Murphy for remainder of the season
- Clippers acquire Lance Stephenson for Matt Barnes, Spencer Hawes
- Bud Black fired by Padres after nine seasons
- 3 takeaways from Seattle Seahawks OTAs
- Stephen Curry goes cold as Warriors fall to Cavs in OT, 95-93
- San Diego State, USD agree to basketball game at Petco Park, add four years to contract
- LeBron James’ 44 not enough as Warriors top Cavs in OT, 108-100
Matt Flynn acquired by Raiders
- Updated: April 1, 2013
After much speculation, the Oakland Raiders and Seattle Seahawks have finally agreed to a trade that will send Seattle’s backup quarterback Matt Flynn to Oakland for draft picks in 2014 and 2015, according to a report from USA Today.
Flynn, who signed a three-year, $19.5 million deal with the Seahawks in 2012, is due $5.25 million in base salary in 2013 and will apparently sign a new deal after the trade is consummated. He was expected to become Seattle’s starting quarterback, but rookie Russell Wilson challenged him for the position and eventually became the starter.
The acquisition signifies the end of Carson Palmer’s tenure as Oakland’s signal caller. The Raiders acquired Palmer in 2011 from the Cincinnati Bengals for a 2012 first-round pick and a conditional second-round pick in 2013.
Rather than simply release Palmer and his $13 million salary, the Raiders are looking to receive compensation via trade. USA Today reported that a potential trade partner is the Arizona Cardinals and ongoing discussions between the two teams are taking place.
Photo Credit: Gabriel Cervantes | Wikimedia Commons
Ben Hernandez Jr.
Latest posts by Ben Hernandez Jr. (see all)
- Blazers’ Damian Lillard has the panache to lead franchise - May 13, 2013
- Different seasons, but same endings for Lakers and Clippers - May 6, 2013
- Lakers news: Dwight Howard unable to maintain poise in Game 4 - April 29, 2013