- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
- NFL Training Camp 2014: Chargers season preview
- Raiders training camp 2014: Darren McFadden unfazed by demotion
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy
- Outdoor game between Sharks and Kings leaked
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71
Former USC QB Matt Barkley will work out with Buffalo Bills
- Updated: April 1, 2013
Former USC quarterback Matt Barkley will have a private workout with the Buffalo Bills on Monday, according to James Walker of ESPN.
Barkley will become part of a growing list of quarterbacks that the Bills have worked out, including West Virginia’s Geno Smith, Florida State’s EJ Manuel, Oklahoma’s Landry Jones and Tennessee’s Tyler Bray.
The 22-year-old Barkley participated in Pro Day last Wednesday, throwing a football for the first time since spraining his shoulder on November 17 against cross-town rival UCLA. He completed 55 of his 60 throwing attempts during the 45-minute session.
Former Carolina Panthers quarterback Chris Weinke worked with Barkley at the IMG Academy, a private athletic training institute in Florida. He was on hand at Pro Day to witness Barkley’s throwing performance.
“He was impressive,” said Weinke. “He showed off every throw that he’s going to be asked to make in the National Football League.”
Barkley ended the 2012 season, his senior year with the Trojans, with 3,273 yards and 36 touchdowns.
Ben Hernandez Jr.
Latest posts by Ben Hernandez Jr. (see all)
- Blazers’ Damian Lillard has the panache to lead franchise - May 13, 2013
- Different seasons, but same endings for Lakers and Clippers - May 6, 2013
- Lakers news: Dwight Howard unable to maintain poise in Game 4 - April 29, 2013