- Angels midseason grades: Turmoil overshadows reasonable start
- Greg Monroe to visit with Lakers, Blazers during free agency
- Matt Kemp hitting leadoff as Padres shake things up vs. Giants
- Padres promote Pat Murphy for remainder of the season
- Clippers acquire Lance Stephenson for Matt Barnes, Spencer Hawes
- Bud Black fired by Padres after nine seasons
- 3 takeaways from Seattle Seahawks OTAs
- Stephen Curry goes cold as Warriors fall to Cavs in OT, 95-93
- San Diego State, USD agree to basketball game at Petco Park, add four years to contract
- LeBron James’ 44 not enough as Warriors top Cavs in OT, 108-100
Former USC QB Matt Barkley will work out with Buffalo Bills
- Updated: April 1, 2013
Former USC quarterback Matt Barkley will have a private workout with the Buffalo Bills on Monday, according to James Walker of ESPN.
Barkley will become part of a growing list of quarterbacks that the Bills have worked out, including West Virginia’s Geno Smith, Florida State’s EJ Manuel, Oklahoma’s Landry Jones and Tennessee’s Tyler Bray.
The 22-year-old Barkley participated in Pro Day last Wednesday, throwing a football for the first time since spraining his shoulder on November 17 against cross-town rival UCLA. He completed 55 of his 60 throwing attempts during the 45-minute session.
Former Carolina Panthers quarterback Chris Weinke worked with Barkley at the IMG Academy, a private athletic training institute in Florida. He was on hand at Pro Day to witness Barkley’s throwing performance.
“He was impressive,” said Weinke. “He showed off every throw that he’s going to be asked to make in the National Football League.”
Barkley ended the 2012 season, his senior year with the Trojans, with 3,273 yards and 36 touchdowns.
Ben Hernandez Jr.
Latest posts by Ben Hernandez Jr. (see all)
- Blazers’ Damian Lillard has the panache to lead franchise - May 13, 2013
- Different seasons, but same endings for Lakers and Clippers - May 6, 2013
- Lakers news: Dwight Howard unable to maintain poise in Game 4 - April 29, 2013