- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
Former USC QB Matt Barkley will work out with Buffalo Bills
- Updated: April 1, 2013
Former USC quarterback Matt Barkley will have a private workout with the Buffalo Bills on Monday, according to James Walker of ESPN.
Barkley will become part of a growing list of quarterbacks that the Bills have worked out, including West Virginia’s Geno Smith, Florida State’s EJ Manuel, Oklahoma’s Landry Jones and Tennessee’s Tyler Bray.
The 22-year-old Barkley participated in Pro Day last Wednesday, throwing a football for the first time since spraining his shoulder on November 17 against cross-town rival UCLA. He completed 55 of his 60 throwing attempts during the 45-minute session.
Former Carolina Panthers quarterback Chris Weinke worked with Barkley at the IMG Academy, a private athletic training institute in Florida. He was on hand at Pro Day to witness Barkley’s throwing performance.
“He was impressive,” said Weinke. “He showed off every throw that he’s going to be asked to make in the National Football League.”
Barkley ended the 2012 season, his senior year with the Trojans, with 3,273 yards and 36 touchdowns.
Ben Hernandez Jr.
Latest posts by Ben Hernandez Jr. (see all)
- Blazers’ Damian Lillard has the panache to lead franchise - May 13, 2013
- Different seasons, but same endings for Lakers and Clippers - May 6, 2013
- Lakers news: Dwight Howard unable to maintain poise in Game 4 - April 29, 2013